• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dogs don't belong on disc golf courses

There really isn't a good comparison between ball golf and disc golf. There are so many things that take place on a DG course that would never happen on a ball golf course. I don't play, but I'm positive there aren't any yahoo's running around on a ball golf course teeing off while someone is still holing out, or people taking twelve shots from the tee while a group is waiting to tee off. Wow, I'm going off on a totally unrelated subject, but comparing the two us unrealistic.

I like to have the dog there as long as it does not get in the way. If you have a disobedient crazy dog, leave it home. I once played in a casual round out of town (Pinetop, AZ) with a guy that brought his dog. His dog was actually trained to search for discs. If we threw an errant drive, we would bring the dog to the area and the owner would say "search." The dog would begin looking until a disc was found. The dog would not touch the disc, but would run around it in circles instead. It was actually pretty cool to see. The dog ended up finding one of mine and saving my the $$$ that I would have spent on a replacement. :clap:

I play a lot of tournaments, and I see dogs there all the time. I think its cool, and my wife loves dogs, so she loves seeing dogs at the course. As long as they are friendly and don't get in the way, I have no problem with dogs at the course.

A better response would be to not bring the troll to the forum.

I kid. I kid. Who doesn't love jesus?

If you find a dog with a name and # are you obligated to return it to the owner?

I think the best response here is the same response that I use for most of life, "it depends".

I wouldn't take my own dog on the course because she's a spaz and lets her nose lead her everywhere. My friend's lab or my cousins boxer, on the otherhand, would sit 5 feet behind you and wouldn't move until you told them to. Like I said, it all depends.

This might sound weird, especially when referring to jesus, but I've heard that only the Sith deal in absolutes.

Im just woundering why no one is complaining about cats at the disc golf course...

Ohh yeah... Cats burry their poop, they don't bark at people, they are not as hyper, and they are better..... But i think the main reason people don't complain is, because they are not at the dg course :| I should bring my cat some time...

FYI get the right cat and they continuously meow at you like a b****. Not to mention get the right dog and you almost won't hear one bark from it its whole life! I had a dog like that, nicest dog I've ever seen and he maybe barked 10 times his whole life and my dog now barks to tell you whatever he wants at the moment. Plus you don't take bloody cats for walks.

Last edited:
I like to have the dog there as long as it does not get in the way. If you have a disobedient crazy dog, leave it home. I once played in a casual round out of town (Pinetop, AZ) with a guy that brought his dog. His dog was actually trained to search for discs. If we threw an errant drive, we would bring the dog to the area and the owner would say "search." The dog would begin looking until a disc was found. The dog would not touch the disc, but would run around it in circles instead. It was actually pretty cool to see. The dog ended up finding one of mine and saving my the $$$ that I would have spent on a replacement. :clap:

That sound's just like my friend's uncle's dog, except he would sit staring at it and of course the dog's name was whamo. And I think it was a different command like "whamo go get it" or something like that.

My dog stays within 10 feet of me at all times but I see a lot of stupid dogs running around bothering people and the owner is oblivious that hes a douche bag. That sucks, people get pit bulls and big angry dogs and let them run around unleashed, those people ruin it for responsible dog owners.

My dog stays within 10 feet of me at all times but I see a lot of stupid dogs running around bothering people and the owner is oblivious that hes a douche bag. That sucks, people get pit bulls and big angry dogs and let them run around unleashed, those people ruin it for responsible dog owners.

Its not the big dogs that bother me as much as people who get little tiny dogs that run around being little bastards, barking and biting at people, and their owners just thinks its fine and cute because they are so small. This lady at one of the local dog parks here had this little dog, or rat with long hair if you will. That little thing would terrorize all the other dogs, and when they would finally get sick of it and put it in its place she would freak out. I'm not saying any dog ever attacked, just barked and chased it off, but she would still freak out about it. The dog that put it in its place, a beagle, so not like a rotty was chasing it down.

I have seen very few dogs that were obedient enough that you never noticed them tagging along.
Hell, we got one dog that has the disc carrier on his back and he is just a joy to be around. We have other dogs that are stupid as rocs (buzz owner) and they are a pain to be around. As far as the poop thing, I hate wiping poo off of my discs.
Like Terry C says, some people ruin it for others.
Personally , I would hate to hit any dog with one of my throws.(Unless he was 400 feet away!)

I don't mind dogs if they don't get in the way, slow down the game, and/or the owner should not ask people in the group to hold the leash so he can tee off.

By the way valk why do you hate dogs?

I dont hate all dogs. Just the ones that run up to you and jump on you, or are agressave like that....Just not a dog person.... If the dog is chilln then its allright. But even walking down the road, i see a dog comming my direction...other side of the road i go...

Last edited:
I dont hate all dogs. Just the ones that run up to you and jump on you, or are agressave like that....Just not a dog person.... If the dog is chilln then its allright. But even walking down the road, i see a dog comming my direction...other side of the road i go...

there are aggressive jumps and then there are "OMG IM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU I WANNA HUG YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU" jumps....