• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

dogs on leases

Ah, and now we come to the crux of the matter.

You're gonna know I'm just some kind of nut job psycho, but I'm here to tell you, dogs are not fun to have around. Dogs are a pain in the ass.

LOL!!!

I don't generally like or dislike dogs. Although my in-laws dogs fall in the don't like category.

But if I never had to interact with one again, it wouldn't bother me.

Last edited:
I agree about the laws...

I also stated... don't care...my dog goes leash-free

I'm with you... it's been a lot of work with my new guy to break the disc chasing habit.. He's some kind of Whippet/Lab/Greyhound Sorta thing.. I always leash him when people are around.. He barks when leashed though mostly when I throw.. He's 45lbs and probably more popular than me.. I understand the whys and how's of leashing etc... but it makes both our day better offleash when we can do it.

Now my old dog Jake was one of the best Disc dogs going he wandered the course frequently made new friends and always came back to the whistle he was an awesome Australian Shepherd everyone knew him and didn't mind him at all.. It helped that we used to get him to shag errant drives in doubles.. He'd only chase his Disc and could pick it out of a pile of 30.. I learned how to throw with him and a Roadrunner and an XL.. he'd even try to flip off with his Disc for partners... People still ask where he is :(

My dog is always on a leash no matter what. Sometimes it picks up a lot of stickers though after she's been rampaging through the underbrush and whatnot. I find that the thin training leashes work better for woodland frolicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, and now we come to the crux of the matter.

You're gonna know I'm just some kind of nut job psycho, but I'm here to tell you, dogs are not fun to have around. Dogs are a pain in the ass.

having had numerous dogs and a zillion cats, yeah, you're right.......

I lived with numerous cats and they never learned commands.

Or came when I called their name.

That and dogs do their business outside.

Plus no matter how nice someone's house is and no matter how much they say that they're a clean person, I can always smell the cat pee in their house.

I lived with numerous cats and they never learned commands.

Or came when I called their name.

That and dogs do their business outside.

Plus no matter how nice someone's house is and no matter how much they say that they're a clean person, I can always smell the cat pee in their house.

Then you haven't lived with the right cats. All my cats respond by name, walk on leashes, and will get off the counter or whatever when commanded. They are trained. The only training I've never attempted is potty training. I know they're capable, I just never bothered. Dogs are easier to train, but I've never seen a dog use a toilet.
Can't disagree with the constant stank of cat pee in any living space where there is a cat, though.
I'm not a cat person, nor a dog person. I consider myself an animal person. (Birds are the only animal I won't keep.)

Um . . . . isn't it time we talked barbecue or what's par? This thread's gone off topic by staying mostly on topic . . .. sigh.

Um . . . . isn't it time we talked barbecue or what's par? This thread's gone off topic by staying mostly on topic . . .. sigh.

How about this: dog begging for BBQ after a round of disc golf. Sorry, missed the par discussion . . .

Attachments

• C337425D-B12C-4170-A8E9-90CDF74E8F12.jpg
    C337425D-B12C-4170-A8E9-90CDF74E8F12.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 31
All my cats respond by name, walk on leashes, and will get off the counter or whatever when commanded. They are trained. The only training I've never attempted is potty training. I know they're capable, I just never bothered.

I'm afraid to teach my cat to flush a toilet. I fear that she'd find it fascinating, and just flush the toilet all day to watch it swirl.

Someone said I should teach my old dog how to get me beer from the fridge... problem is I'd teach him how to open the fridge and that's as far as it would have gotten. I did train him and my new guy how to close the front door. Off lease of course.

Latest posts