• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dominated by the Dominator

Jahilbert

I got my 150g Blizzard Dominator yesterday and I was pretty darn excited to throw the thing, however, I have come away perplexed and with mixed feelings about the disc.

1. The ratings are similar to the DD2 but it flies nothing like it.

2. With full power I have thrown the darn thing into an understable corkscrew,

3. I have thrown it powered down with a hyzer release and put it out about 340' but not with any consistency or control.

4. We have had some wind today and it has not handled the headwind at all.

Is anyone else having the same issues with the Dominator?

If you can throw the thing, let me know how you're doing it!

I threw a few in the BG distance comp., and they were really unpredictable for me. I gave up on them pretty quick.

so it sounds like a groove without the groove but still with the inconsistencies of the groove?

Wait for the regular weight dominators to come out before you give up on them. The inconsistencies might be from the light weight.

I have a 152 and it turned and burned every time so far. Haven't given up, but so far not impressed.

Also threw one at the big gun competition in Bowling Green and they were crap. They were the floppiest distance driver that I have ever thrown

Wait for the regular weight dominators to come out before you give up on them. The inconsistencies might be from the light weight.

^ agreed. Innova has done a horrible job with keeping molds consistent, especially in blizzard plastic :thmbdown:
Maybe it'll be better in normal weights...:\

I threw a Champ 166 Dominator and it flew between SL and Valk stability. Roughly as advertised. Thing went quite a ways and I didn't even throw it that well.

I'm with you. I still haven't tried the Blizzards, but I think it sounds like it will be a good disc in regular Champion.

Dominating now with the Dominator

My situation has changed! I got a 159g dominator and it flies like a pro! Very similar to a Nuje in flight but I'm putting out 380-400 on my high school football field. Love it!