• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dont Hurt The Trees!

They don't need to shut it down. Alimagnet Park in Apple Valley, Mn had people complaining about tree damage and they wrapped plastic fencing around the trees on the fairway. At Bryant Lake Park in Eden Prairie, Mn they use plastic erosion control mats on the fairway to preserve the grass.

Heres the solution, however many trees get removed or damaged at the disc golf course, plant three times that many trees somewhere else in the same community. Seems like a no-brainer win-win for everybody.

I have spoken w/ a UGA proffessor concerning trees and disc golf (yeah, he is a tree nerd), and he told me that he was gonna use that in discussions and a class project.

I never saw any published reports or anything so far...

Pease Park is sweet, it would be a shame if it was shut down due to some tree huggers. And that anchor should know how to pronounce it, it is supposed to sound more like peace than pees.

And that anchor should know how to pronounce it, it is supposed to sound more like peace than pees.

Actually, he pronounced it right. Not only do you people in NC not know what barbecue is, but you don't know how to pronounce our parks either. :thmbdown: ;)

Actually, he pronounced it right. Not only do you people in NC not know what barbecue is, but you don't know how to pronounce our parks either. :thmbdown: ;)

It could be worse, he could be one of those guys who thinks the only real BBQ is from a cow.

The people from NC think that true BBQ must be in the form of pork, at least from the ones I've talked to. They scoff at the idea of our slow smoked brisket being BBQ, but I question their own competence in the art of actually cooking a fall-off-the-fork brisket. Let the BBQ wars begin!

...oh wait, what were we talking about? Oh yeah, another year of blaming global warming on the hippies!

The more I pay attention to tree damage, the more I want to advise course designers to be careful where they put their tee pads. It may look like a nifty challenge to lay the pad just short and to the left of that tree, and that "field goal" choke point 50' down your fairway may look clever now, but this is where the tree damage will be the worst, and in a dozen or so years the tree you designed as an obstacle may be dead and falling. I don't have the data or the stats to back it up, but I'd betcha there's a strong relationship between tree deaths and proximity to the front side of a tee box. That might be something an arborist or a botany prof. at a university could examine.

They don't need to shut it down. Alimagnet Park in Apple Valley, Mn had people complaining about tree damage and they wrapped plastic fencing around the trees on the fairway. At Bryant Lake Park in Eden Prairie, Mn they use plastic erosion control mats on the fairway to preserve the grass.

completely agree. They don't look horrible and the trees are doing great because of it.

I swear that they must have 1 guy who does all the talking in the background when doing reports like this. That voice sounds exactly the same as it would up here.

Never heard of that though, but I guess we have winters for trees to maybe heal up a bit...

Bet a few of you don't know what tri-tip is..... Pretty sure its a California bbq thing

Bet a few of you don't know what tri-tip is..... Pretty sure its a California bbq thing

Never heard of it. In the South our barbecue is either pork or chicken, but it's usually pork. I've never been able to develop a taste for beef barbecue. I'm sure it's fine in Texas (they probably know how to make it), but it's hard to go wrong eating the animal that's made of bacon. :D

They'll BBQ anything in Texas. My last trip saw mutton and goat.

Latest posts