• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Driver/Mid/Putter ratio

waynewf

Double Eagle Member
I've found that I generally carry about a 2:1 ratio of longer discs to shorter discs. Generally I have 6-8 drivers, 3-4 mids, and 2 putters.
I was wondering how you guys like to break it up. From the rating bags thread, I saw a lot of people with a bunch of drivers and then a lot thinner on mids and putters.
Any thoughts? How do you mentally put your bag together for your various shots?

when i complete my bag i intend to have eleven drivers (fairways included) one to three mid range disc and two putters.

Right now:

5 putters (one mold)
3 mids (one mold)
6 fairway/control driver (two molds, 3 of each)
2 distance drivers (one mold)
1 moderately overstable driver
3 very overstable drivers (one mold)
2 Star Destroyers because it's a thing from Star Wars.

1 Putter
6 mids.
2 fairways. (sadly it's one right now).
6 distances.

2 putters
2-3 mids
10 drivers

i feel like i could stand to have another mid or 2

1 Putter
8 mids
14 Drivers

Putter is a soft Rhyno and two of the mids are stiffer Rhynos that work as backup putters... or the Gator. Lots of drivers because a couple of the courses I play are prone to eating discs.

Putters and mids tend to be more multi-purpose. I could get away with two putters and three mids and not miss anything. Drivers are more one-dimensional (especially the high-speed ones) so I end up carrying more of them. It's pretty dumb since I end up using the putter and mid for 80% of my shots and all those drivers are mostly just along for the ride.

2 putters (1 mold)
3 mids (1 mold)
4 fairway drivers (2 molds)
3 distance drivers (3 molds)

i'm counting my firebird as a distance driver even though i use it more as a fairway/mid, and i'm thinking of adding a eagle to my bag. i don't like the way my teebirds are flying when they get super beat.

6 mids
1 putter
1 fairway
4 distance
1 overhand

This ratio will change if I ever get my eagle and leopard tuned right.