• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Driver's only go 30 feet farther than my putters

but i want to be better and throw farther than that and i want to be well below par

If you're getting your putters from one end of the soccer field to the other you're doing a lot of things right, and making a lot of us jealous. If your drivers aren't going much farther there's some sort of nose angle issue (you're throwing nose up) that you need to figure out. As was stated earlier, check your grip and wrist orientation to make sure they're correct.

i would think you would need more height on your putter to get the same d unless u are throwing a pig or a zone

im throwing 2 wizards and one rhyno and the rhyno is going lower but i can crank the wizards farther

i cant go out today because of the snow but i will try the nose down technique but even after reading that article i dont see how to incorporate body momentum into my throw

one simple tip that is sure to add distance, stay on your toes through-out your whole throw,run-up,x-step, all the way through your release, STAY ON YOUR TOES

tweaks = modifications to get more distance. Without seeing a video it's hard to say what the exact issue is...if there is an issue. But most likely you're overusing your arm and shoulder and pushing the disc, or you're speeding up too fast before the hit. Though if you're getting there with your putters maybe not.

But hell if you're 15 years old and getting 320+ with your putters...you're much better off than most of us were at that age. The distance will come over time though. Honestly if you concentrate on accuracy over distance right now, the distance will increase.

320' with a putter is quite a feat. Has anyone ever seen someone throw a putter that far? Im just a tad skeptic.

i will post videos as soon as possible i went out and threw today tried every tweak modification possible nothing helped:doh: but theres got to be something i can fix

320' with a putter is quite a feat. Has anyone ever seen someone throw a putter that far? Im just a tad skeptic.

I parked a *slight* downhill 360' hyzer shot with an aviar P&A. (Banklick #2, if anyone knows it). It can be done. Granted, it was 5-6 years ago, when I was playing with putter drivers a lot.

Yeah, I have a buddy who plays with Spiders, Roc, Sharks and Omega SS only...maybe something else. I'd say he's 350' accurately with any of them.

Haha it's kinda funny that half of the threads in our technique forum link to DGR. I like both sites though. I think it's good that they are somewhat connected.

I had a 350' putter throw once. I'm guessing Scoot_er has at least that much power on command.

Does that take alot of height to get them that far? I would assume, yes, but that it is a hyzer flip type throw. I'm trying to find the balance in trajectory angle, without sending them up and hyzering out early.

it does not take as much height as you would think maybe 20' if only my drivers would do a bit better

I played National Doubles a couple times with a guy named Craig Leyva (nicknamed Leyviar). No lie - this guy was like - 450 an in - just an aviar - headwind? better throw a roc! We took 5th and 9th the times we played. Putter distance is a lot of fun - I can still throw my aviars well over 300' (maybe not 400 anymore - but back in the day ;)

Latest posts