• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Driving putter

Pfn star aviar driver is a thing of beauty.

After watching some McBeth shots during last year's Japan open I've started trying more simple SHORT tee shots with the nova.

I like the overall versatility that Wizards provide, there's not much I can't do with the mold.

I use the judge mostly. It can float up on me, so going under ceilings can be an issue. I've played around with the Marshal from the trilogy challenge pack, but haven't committed yet. I use a rhyno for shots that a need to hyzer the ever-loving crap out of.

Low Glide/low speed - handles power without overshooting - good for upshots and power shots that will sit down
RDG Scale - Overstable / Kastaplast Berg - Overstable
RDG Serpent - Stable - Straight

Avg speed/Avg glide - all around
Wizard - stable/overstable
Kastaplast REKO - stable
Prodigy 400 Pa3 - Stable
Prodigy 400 Pa4 - Understable

Higher glide/speed
Axiom ENVY - Stable-Overstable -> Like if a Buzz became a putter
MVP Atom - Stable straight.....sttttrrraaaiiight (power annys if you want)
Axiom Proxy - Stable-Understable, finesse straight
Innova Mirage - Understable

also mention The A-series by prodigy for good short drives/approaches.

PS:
Higher glide / speed
HARP - Overstable, VIP for premium, BT hard for firm base plastic

I carry a LOT of short range throwers, I like a lot of stuff, just check out the sig ;) Its a great spot to fill the bag. just do your research and see what fits your preferences

Innova Stud. Low profile, feels great, stable but flies. It's not "overstable" really like a Rhyno, but it's trustworthy stable.

If you want more overstable then Rhyno, Harp, etc.

Cyclers: Wizard/BB Aviar, Classic Roc, Rhyno

Dead straight and long with fade: Envy
Dead straight and long: Neutron Proxy

Overstable: Zone, Breaker, Rhyno
Understable: Summit, XD, Wedge

Well since most people are just recommended what they bag...:D

Nova
BB Aviar

I absolutely love Novas for laser straight shots. They hold whatever angle you release them on. Plus they are great for shots I don't want to skip or roll. They just hit & stick. This mold always lets me know when my form is off.

I currently bag a Champion BB Aviar. Though any plastic BB Aviar is great. It's overstable but not so beefy it can't be thrown far (for a putter). I highly recommend (if you don't mind beaded putters) any flavor of BB Aviar, Challenger, Ion, Clutch, Wizard etc.

Title says it. Recommend me driving putters right now I'm looking at the devil hawk and the Innova pig. But any suggestions would help.

Pure for straight-ish and anhyzer, Rhyno for everything else. You will pretty much have every short drive covered with those two.

I've been using a Nova, but have been considering switching to a Dart. The Nova just feels light. I'd like something with a bit more substance. But, yeah, the Nova is straight and easily takes any angle you put it on.

Envy and Proxy combo here. I just LOVE throwing my Proxy on frozen rope lines, and the Envy is an all around workhorse.

But the king of them all is my almighty Zone. I don't know what I'd do without that disc in my bag, such a predictable overstable disc.

Latest posts