• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Driving to Tee @ 300' what disc do you use?

Soft Banger GT, DX Roc, or Star Firebird(thumber/FH) depending on conditions.

yeah, there's a shot I love to throw called the boss skip. Throw a boss pretty low and try to keep it flat either FH or BH and try to land it 30 or so feet to one side of the basket, then the skip will give you a shot at aceing it without worrying about leaving it too far away. For some reason, no matter what a hole is like, I always want to try this skip shot. A few friends even said my nickname should be boss skip.
Plus I only throw those three discs in a given round.

I do the same thing from time to time by using a Champ Destroyer - 2 Skip aces this year on holes less than 300'.

If this theoretical hole has an open hyzer route then a Roc or if it is a wooded straight route then maybe a beat Roc or a Mako or a Kite or even a Sidewinder if I'm feeling lazy.

Buzzz or Stalker unless its windy, then i might underpower a pred or a flick, it all depends on how im throwing that day

yeah, there's a shot I love to throw called the boss skip. Throw a boss pretty low and try to keep it flat either FH or BH and try to land it 30 or so feet to one side of the basket, then the skip will give you a shot at aceing it without worrying about leaving it too far away. For some reason, no matter what a hole is like, I always want to try this skip shot. A few friends even said my nickname should be boss skip.
Plus I only throw those three discs in a given round.

hmm I might have to try this.

hmm I might have to try this.

It works pretty well if you work on it a touch, and get used to throwing it in what feels like the wrong direction. A little bit of practice is all it takes, although you have to watch out because snow sometimes messes it up as well as mud. However if the ground is hard, it works super well, though the height of the skip varies a lot.
Another plus about this sort of shot is that it'll skip off water real nice :D.

Champion Leopard. Go pick it up. Then I'd throw my Wizard or Cro depending on how short my tee shot was.

If it's early in the round and I'm not loose, then TeeBird.
If I'm loose and feelin' goose, I'd Roc it like good ole KC Pro.

i didn't see anyone mention it but i like the XS for a straight shot or my glo roc, 300 is pushing it for me with the roc but the XS i have to ease off.

I would throw my KC Roc that is beat in to fly straight. I also carry a Stingray that would work at that distance with a little hyzer on it.

Too slow to edit my post (two posts ago). Wanted to add...

I was pretty worried for a while reading this thread that everyone was throwing mids and putters. Boy was I glad to run into some others who throw their drivers 300'.

I throw primarily RHBH. I get my Aviars (all 175g) out around 225-240' but have a tendency to turn them over. And I can get my Rocs (both 175g in DX at different levels of wear in) out around 250-260' but also have a tendency to turn them over.

I really need to get out and play with more people... especially those who are better than I am for some in person advice and just to watch other people's form. When I do get to play rounds with other people it's generally newbs that I'm introducing to the game.

Latest posts