• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dumbest Disc Names

kite cracks me up...
a star starfire sounds redundant
and the monarch has to be the least talked about or thrown disc ever

All of the Lightning discs are pretty dumb. I am going to have to go with BlowFly, Raging Inferno, Pain, and Juju as being a bit silly at the very least.

10 M Brick.

In basketball a brick is a shot that has no chance to go in. Yea... I'm not putting with anything that is associated with a brick...

BTW, flip side. Firebird is the best name.
Just wanted to throw that out there before someone creates another one of these mindless "what is ur fav (1,2,3,whatev...)" threads.

10M Brick
Kite
BlowFly

I must say, although the animal names are pretty lame, I have often enjoyed cracking wise during the round with jokes related to the animals used (don't let your Cheetah land on my Gazelle, etc).

...and George Carlin was right. Rape can be funny (if it is implied by Discraft plastic, lol.)

but you talk like a marketing major.

The names do make us want to toss them. Destroyer. Wraith. Crush. Nuke. Havoc. Striker. Disc is no different than any other commodity, make us want to not only buy a disc, but become loyal to your brand and we will be customers for life.

"I'll buy this Nuke and all my drives will be explosively long!"

At least those marketeers were (accidentally) honest when they used Drone for a name. (as in "we are all ____")

And the whole discmania line. PD, DD, CD, ....cmon, stick your neck out there a little bit and make me want to buy it on name alone

I actually would rather have them be like that than the names we currently are using. Having discs named the way they are kinda makes it look more like a joke or kids game to people looking in from the outside.

Re: Discmania designations such as P2, MD2, TD, PD, etc.:
...frankly I like the designations better than any names. BMW and Audi seem to do well with just designations for names. =)
My sentiments exactly.
I actually prefer this method assuming the discs perform as named.
Turning Drivers should actually turn, Control Drivers should be controllable, Power Drivers should be able to handle big power.

Problem is that it's an extremely obscure fierce fish. End result: bad name.

Catch with Discmania, first initial is the plastic, 2nd is the type of disc. PD= Pro Driver. CD2=Champion Midrange 2. So yeah, the names are functional, but still stupid.

Uuhhhh, no. DD=Distance Driver, PD=Power Driver, CD=Control Driver, TD=Turning Driver. The type of plastic is defined by either C-Line or S-Line.

My sentiments exactly.
I actually prefer this method assuming the discs perform as named.
Turning Drivers should actually turn, Control Drivers should be controllable, Power Drivers should be able to handle big power.
Most TDs turn, especially now that they have them in D-Line. Though I have to say that I prefer the stiffer straight ones. Great when new and nice turners when worn. The PD can also handle power to spare, especially the flat C-Lines.

Pretty much the only one that doesn't hit the mark is the CD. The FR CDs were controllable, the current ones less so. =(