• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

Sounds like maybe my Escape is a little domier and more stable than some of the others. I'll wait to see if it was a run of colors because mine is the bright yellow. It's not impossible for me to turn it just not as straight and easy as my saint. I can't hyzer flip it and keep it straight I guess is what I'm saying. I can do so with the Saint. I've noticed my Fugitive is getting easier to turn and shape anny lines. I'm pairing it well with a Z comet and Z drone.

The Judge I'm still not sold on to replace my wizards. I am good with it just a little off. Not making as many fifteen footers. I am hoping for a nice mold in the next four that is a flippy river right out of the box.

I got out with my new DD discs over lunch. Here are my impressions. For reference I have a blue 178 Fugitive, pink 171 escape, and pink 171 trespass.

Fugitive - This was the disc I thought was least likely to make the bag. After throwing it, I think I've found a place for it. Comparing it with my VIP warship, it looked like it had about as much dome, maybe a slightly more blunt nose, and the addition of the bead. For reference, I throw my warship about 300-320 on max throws. The VIP warship will travel flat, with no turn, and will have a gentle fade at the end. The Fugitive had a touch of turn out of the box (nothing crazy) and had slightly more fade that the Warship, not a ton, but it was noticeable. I'd say the fade is less than a Roc, but still more than a buzzz. Distance was comparable to the warship but the line was slightly different. I think it may make the bag as a tweener disc between my TP warship which will flip over and carry right a ways, and my VIP warship which doesn't flip at all.

Escape - This was the disc that I thought would most likely make the bag, but after throwing, is probably the least likely to make it. That's not to say that it's a bad disc. It's pretty solid, it just didn't fit the bill I wanted. I have been looking for a disc to do more consistent flat hyzers with. I.E. something with a little turn that I can throw high, flip just below flat, and have it carry a big sweeping hyzer. This disc turns, and has pretty good range, but it doesn't have ENOUGH turn for the job I wanted. Frankly, it flied like a seasoned S or C PD...one that flips a touch from hyzer, but still reliably fades.

Trespass - One word. Destroyer. I have been looking for a long time for something that flew like a destroyer but wasn't actually a destroyer and this is it. That's not to say that I think destroyer's are bad discs. I think they're great. But finding good ones is a huge pain so I gave them up. This disc flies EXACTLY like a destroyer for me. I have 375-400 power and with no wind, I throw it flat, it stays flat, glides a long way and fades reliably at the 360-375 mark. I threw into about 5 mph headwind and got just the slightest turn out of it. For max D, I use something a touch flippier like a sword or a lace (which I got both out to about 420 today on my best throws) but this was a disc I could throw at max power with no wind and get no turn and a really consistent fade at a distance further than my forces.

I got out with my new DD discs over lunch. Here are my impressions. For reference I have a blue 178 Fugitive, pink 171 escape, and pink 171 trespass.

Fugitive - This was the disc I thought was least likely to make the bag. After throwing it, I think I've found a place for it. Comparing it with my VIP warship, it looked like it had about as much dome, maybe a slightly more blunt nose, and the addition of the bead. For reference, I throw my warship about 300-320 on max throws. The VIP warship will travel flat, with no turn, and will have a gentle fade at the end. The Fugitive had a touch of turn out of the box (nothing crazy) and had slightly more fade that the Warship, not a ton, but it was noticeable. I'd say the fade is less than a Roc, but still more than a buzzz. Distance was comparable to the warship but the line was slightly different. I think it may make the bag as a tweener disc between my TP warship which will flip over and carry right a ways, and my VIP warship which doesn't flip at all.

Escape - This was the disc that I thought would most likely make the bag, but after throwing, is probably the least likely to make it. That's not to say that it's a bad disc. It's pretty solid, it just didn't fit the bill I wanted. I have been looking for a disc to do more consistent flat hyzers with. I.E. something with a little turn that I can throw high, flip just below flat, and have it carry a big sweeping hyzer. This disc turns, and has pretty good range, but it doesn't have ENOUGH turn for the job I wanted. Frankly, it flied like a seasoned S or C PD...one that flips a touch from hyzer, but still reliably fades.

Trespass - One word. Destroyer. I have been looking for a long time for something that flew like a destroyer but wasn't actually a destroyer and this is it. That's not to say that I think destroyer's are bad discs. I think they're great. But finding good ones is a huge pain so I gave them up. This disc flies EXACTLY like a destroyer for me. I have 375-400 power and with no wind, I throw it flat, it stays flat, glides a long way and fades reliably at the 360-375 mark. I threw into about 5 mph headwind and got just the slightest turn out of it. For max D, I use something a touch flippier like a sword or a lace (which I got both out to about 420 today on my best throws) but this was a disc I could throw at max power with no wind and get no turn and a really consistent fade at a distance further than my forces.

You seem to have the same distance range and experience with these molds as me. I like the Escape but it just doesn't do much different than the PD for me right now. I guess if I spend a few years smacking trees with it. Similar results with the Fugitive and Trespass also.

Yeah that's the exact issue I have. I carry 3-4 PDs right now that all do different things and the Escape fits in there, but doesn't necessarily do anything better than those PDs.

fair comments

a couple of years ago when the PD came out there were probably people saying the same thing in relation to the PD

Threw them today. Discs were warm (defrost) but it was snowing outside. Light Steady Wind. Ran out of time on my Lunch break to throw L->R.
All Standard Runs no "First Runs"
Fugitive, 175g, Clear Blue: Feels just like opto. Looks like a Core with a bigger bead.
Throws like a barely more stable Core. Basically in-between the Buzzz and Core.
Headwind: Although it flipped it held its line and continued forward.
Tailwind: Alot of turn with some fade back. Traveled a good distance.
R->L: Turned into the direction of the wind hard and stayed like that.

Escape 173g, Clear Red: Feels just like Opto. low dome with thin rim edge and a tiny bit of shoulder. Reminds me of a Striker but with a little bit more aggressive "bead" or lip.
Flew more like an Archon than a Striker or OLF.
Headwind: Turned and never came back. Got very little distance.
Tailwind: Still turned some but faded back decently, overall a straight line. Good Distance.
R->L:Turned into the wind and struggled to come out. Poor Distance.

Trespass, 171g, Opaque Pink: Feels Great! Grippier than the Clear but a lil softer flight plate. Flattish Dome, low profile shoulder. Looks like a thicker rim OLF or Striker. Really excited to throw this one.
Headwind: A tiny bit of turn and a tad more fade. Great glide and surprising distance.
Tailwind: Very little turn and very little fade. Straight and long with lots of glide! Definitely will be easy to throw for big D.
R->L: Straight with gentle fade and excellent glide.
This disc will very likely make my bag. But I will wait til after winter to give it a proper workout and testing.

The more I throw the Judge, the more I like it. I don't feel like I have to force any kind of form. Just play catch with the basket. And it makes as good a driver as any putter I've ever thrown.

One thing I haven't had much chance to do is see how it does in wind. How does it stack up in wind?

Last edited:
I think he was saying the two Escapes he got were identical except for weight, but the pic is a Saint and an Escape.

Threw me for a loop for a minute too.

Sorry for the confusion, the pic was too big to imbed. Def a comparison w/Saint and Escape, since they're similar in flight numbers.

I got to throw my Escapes today, only a few times on the courses I played. Mine are domey and very much like an S-PD. Back-to-back I could get my 165g Opto Saint out 350' very very straight, and the 166g Escape about 320, finishing left. I didn't get much of a different flight from the 175 Escape.

I'm happy so far. I was hoping for something that felt like the Saint, but that I could put more power behind/use in wind. There was no wind today, and I tweaked my bag Sunday so it's hard to say if it actually does either of those things, but the stability so far says it might. They're in the bag, for now.

I'm not sure if I want to flatten one in the name of science, but I bet it would lose some stability.

The more I throw the Judge, the more I like it. I don't feel like I have to force any kind of form. Just play catch with the basket. And it makes as good a driver as any putter I've ever thrown.

One thing I haven't had much chance to do is see how it does in wind. How does it stack up in wind?

I've used my Judge a few times off the tee in a stiff headwind. It's performed pretty well actually. About like my Opto Pure but maybe a little more turn. I get great glide out of this putter despite being less accurate. I think I just need to work with it more. I'll be sticking with the Wizard until the Judge comes out in the classic plastic. The thinner profile does make for a good off the tee putter and the soft plastic lands nicely for upshots. If I don't like the Z banger I got coming I might use this Judge for upshots.

So, with all the comparisons I've read (still waiting on mine), it seems like these are more designed around the Eagle thrower over the TeeBird thrower. Is that a decent comparison? It just seems like every disc but the Judge has lateral movement during their flights.

I'm really interested in how these season. I'm wondering whether they'll lose their HSS or LSS first.

I wouldn't say the Trespass has lateral movement unless you're a "big arm" throwing consistently 400+. The Fugitive has some, but it's no different than a Z buzzz in the amount of turn.

I just got my 170 escape in today, I can't wait to throw it but I have to wait till Friday:( Just looking at it though it is very similar to my Saint as far as the dome, and lip, but the rim feels slightly thicker. I'll know more on Friday I guess.

Would it be fair to say The Fugitive will overlap with a Roc and the Trespass will overlap with Destroyers, but an Escape won't overlap with a Teebird?

I want to pick up one of these discs to try out, but I'd like it to have a shot at making the bag.

Would it be fair to say The Fugitive will overlap with a Roc and the Trespass will overlap with Destroyers, but an Escape won't overlap with a Teebird?

I want to pick up one of these discs to try out, but I'd like it to have a shot at making the bag.

fugitive has more turn and more glide with little fade when compared to a roc. a good compliment like the Buzzz would be.
trespass is a straight flier with little fade. I wouldnt compare it to a proper* destroyer personally. I would say it is way closer to a Sword than Destroyer.
Escape and teebird no. But Id take a Teebird over the escape.

*Not a destrulcan or AJ version. flat top like it should be.