• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Ranger Backpack Review

Mine just arrived and I couldn't be happier with the first impression.
It's a great looking bag. I have 18 in main compartment, two in putter pocket and three up top with a XXL long sleeve. There is also room for my rain jacket if needed in the upper storage area. I can't wait to get it out on the course. Been carrying it around the house loaded out and the straps feel fine. They are also certainly long enough. I'm 6'6 245lb and there is no issue with the straps. I give it two thumbs up of the first look.

Not sure if anyone else got this announcement, but our store just received this today:

"The Dynamic Discs Ranger Bag has been a huge hit with disc golfers. Many of you have been selling these bags and we hope that you are having the same great success that we are. The black and black/gray color options are out of stock indefinitely. We are proud to announce two new color schemes - Fracture and Charcoal. These bags will wholesale and retail for the SAME price as the black and black/gray bags and feature three improvements.

We have increased the depth of the base, making it easier to put discs in and take discs out.

We have increased the thickness of the sidewall, giving the bag more stability.

We have increased the thickness of padding in the back straps, giving players more comfort during those long rounds."

Picture

Dynamic-Discs-Ranger-Bag-Fracture.jpg

Sucks for the people who bought the first runs. Their three biggest complaints solved for the same price and they're still stuck with the poopy first runs. Bummer. I would be pissed if I had bought one.

That's the risk you take with buying any new product quickly after it's released. If you want it quick, you'll probably have some bugs. If you wait for those bugs to be worked out you won't be one of the first people with that new product.

This isn't a software update, man. This was a $175 product released by a reputable company. We shouldn't be expecting to take a "risk" by buying a Dynamic Discs product. We should hold DG companies to the same standards as others. We should expect the company to remove bugs before releasing a new product, if not for any other reason than to avoid passing on the "risk" to their customers.

Two-ish questions:
Which other bag manufacturers had similar quality problems and how did they rectify them?
If a current Ranger owner tries to submit a warranty claim using the context of comparison to the new bag with the same description and price, will they be laughed at?

Sucks for the people who bought the first runs. Their three biggest complaints solved for the same price and they're still stuck with the poopy first runs. Bummer. I would be pissed if I had bought one.

You'd have no real right to be pissed.

Guess what? They update and improve car models every year too but keep the same name and sometimes even LOWER the price.

You can't take away my right to be pissed! And your car argument is stupid.

You can't take away my right to be pissed! And your car argument is stupid.

:wall:

You bought a product. They later updated the product. Happens all the time.

You made a choice. The item you purchased was worth what you paid for it at the time you made the choice to trade your money for that product.

Welp... 1 month too late. The red looks bad, but these fixes probably woulda swayed me toward the Ranger if i woulda known they were being addressed. Just say'n.

Anticipate seeing a flood of 1st runs in the MP.

I'm happy with my First run, and in the end if something happens to it and it has to be replaced per warranty, I know they will take care of it. It's the price you pay for products that allways will be corrected as they find the issues. It happens, but I know in the end as soon as a click the purchase button I'm paying for what I want at that time, and I'm fine with that.

Personally, I am not that big a fan of the looks of this bag. However, I was simply blown away by how comfortable it is to wear even when loaded with discs.

This isn't a software update, man. This was a $175 product released by a reputable company. We shouldn't be expecting to take a "risk" by buying a Dynamic Discs product. We should hold DG companies to the same standards as others. We should expect the company to remove bugs before releasing a new product, if not for any other reason than to avoid passing on the "risk" to their customers.

Two-ish questions:
Which other bag manufacturers had similar quality problems and how did they rectify them?
If a current Ranger owner tries to submit a warranty claim using the context of comparison to the new bag with the same description and price, will they be laughed at?

So because some people bought the first run of the product, the company should never improve that product so the first adopters don't feel left behind? That would be a terrible business model in any industry. Most people would consider it a worse move if a company heard about minor issues with a product and decided not to address them in future runs of that product. I just don't see where the anger is coming from when you bought a product you liked at a price that was worth it to you.

And yes, you're probably going to get laughed at. Take any product and go to the manufacturer and tell them you want to make a warranty claim because this year's model is better than the one you bought, see how well that works out.

****, one of the red ones would have been ****ing sweet. I knew it would happen after buying one.

I don't get the changes though, but thicker side walls can't hurt though the ones on mine seem more than adequate. I'm not hauling dumbells or anything up there. Only thing I would change is the location of the pencil holders I've poked myself a few times with them.

I gotta admit there are many ways to look at this and none of them really matter to me, so suffice it to say that my opinion is that Dynamic jumped on the backpack bandwagon without fully testing the product. The "risk" was passed on to the consumer so that they could enter the market quickly. Didn't they repurpose a pre-existing OGIO design? The timing of this is what's most surprising. Now that they've had a couple months of success and exhausted their poopy bag stock, they went back and fixed it, which I believe is unfair to their first customers (some of which might be their most loyal). I believe Dynamic can get away with this because they aren't relying on bag sales (and they already sold out, so yay for them and bummer for the buyer).

I gotta admit there are many ways to look at this and none of them really matter to me, so suffice it to say that my opinion is that Dynamic jumped on the backpack bandwagon without fully testing the product. The "risk" was passed on to the consumer so that they could enter the market quickly. Didn't they repurpose a pre-existing OGIO design? The timing of this is what's most surprising. Now that they've had a couple months of success and exhausted their poopy bag stock, they went back and fixed it, which I believe is unfair to their first customers (some of which might be their most loyal). I believe Dynamic can get away with this because they aren't relying on bag sales (and they already sold out, so yay for them and bummer for the buyer).

Uhh I believe this pretty much happens with almost every higher end bag made.

Uhh I believe this pretty much happens with almost every higher end bag made.

Yar. Grip went through 2 or 3 minor tweak runs with the L-series. The Contender is on its 2nd run. Flak is still trying to get out a 3rd run.

You can't "fully" test something until its out in the consumers hands. Then you react and fix it. Its what Apple does, what car companies do, pretty much all retail business operates that way.

Latest posts