• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Recruit Basket

JFink2011

Bogey Member
Have y'all seen the new DD Recruit basket? Can't find anything on the materials yet... Thoughts?

4324-2T.jpg

Looks like a really nice alternative to a Discatcher Sport. At 60lbs it's not going to be ideal for carting around town and setting up quickly, but it looks like an idea backyard basket.

Comes with inner chains and a wheel to help move.....and cheaper than the Innova Sport. Solid!

Cheaper? DD website lists Innova DiscCatcher sport as 185 and recruit as 200. Since the sport has been around and is proven to be a good practice basket, and is lighter, why would I go with recruit? I am actually in the market for a new practice basket so this is an honest question.

Cheaper? DD website lists Innova DiscCatcher sport as 185 and recruit as 200. Since the sport has been around and is proven to be a good practice basket, and is lighter, why would I go with recruit? I am actually in the market for a new practice basket so this is an honest question.

The Recruit has more chains. 13 strands of inner, and 13 strands of outer.

The Discatcher Sport has 18 strands of outer chains only.

Sources:
https://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Dynamic-Discs-Recruit-Basket-Disc-Golf-Target-p/4324.htm
http://www.innovadiscs.com/targets/discatcher-sport.html

Recruit has free shipping. Other than Black Friday, I don't think you can get a Sport for under $200 shipped; I think DD has stopped selling them. I was lucky to get inner chains for my Sport locally (from a retired Discatcher Pro basket) saving $25 or $30. I really wish my Sport had a wheel on it for moving, sooner or later I'll McGyver one on mine.

Recruit has free shipping. Other than Black Friday, I don't think you can get a Sport for under $200 shipped; I think DD has stopped selling them. I was lucky to get inner chains for my Sport locally (from a retired Discatcher Pro basket) saving $25 or $30. I really wish my Sport had a wheel on it for moving, sooner or later I'll McGyver one on mine.

Funny. when i wrote my earlier reply, DD website still had the sport for 185 free shipping, hence my post. Now it is gone.

Looks like DD has updated the web page with materials... The "chains are zinc coated" and the rest is "electrophoresed first and then powder coated for extra protection from natural elements."

I already have a few on order for my retail store and will post thoughts once they arrive and I set one up. For reference I also currently have a Westside Black Basket, Innova Discatcher Sport, DGA M-14 and DGA Mach II set-up in the store so I should be able to do a good comparison.

I already have a few on order for my retail store and will post thoughts once they arrive and I set one up. For reference I also currently have a Westside Black Basket, Innova Discatcher Sport, DGA M-14 and DGA Mach II set-up in the store so I should be able to do a good comparison.

Awesome!! Definitely looking forward to this comparison. The lack of galvanization is a bit worrisome as I plan to just leave my basket it the backyard 24/7.

Looks solid. I'm also interested in that comparison.

I dig the M II.
I don't dig the M14 at all.
I'm neutral towards the Discatcher Sport.
Lightning DB5 is another good option in this price range.

Stupid chastity belt! Thiose gotta go or angled down 45 degrees. Hate em.

Then don't hit them. :D

The same putt on a different basket could very well blow on by over the top. Just sayin.

And yes, I must admit, I do love the chastity belt for visibility purposes. :)

this looks pretty good to me
i am always tossing around the idea of making my own baskets, and the layout of the top spokes that the chains mount on is very interesting

Then don't hit them. :D

The same putt on a different basket could very well blow on by over the top. Just sayin.

And yes, I must admit, I do love the chastity belt for visibility purposes. :)

I hate them, but feel like a practice basket needs to have them if you're in an Innova basket-only area like I am. Putting on my Discatcher Sport is simply not the same as putting on the Discatcher Pros at every course around me, because of the belt.

Looks nice but they could have picked a brighter color for the chastity belt. The whole point of the belt is for visibility as far as I am concerned.