• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Sniper Backpack Bag

I went and looked at these at my local shop yesterday. While I like the build of the bag, and it feels and looks like quality, I just don't want to have to make mods to the bag to make it work. While it isn't overly expensive, it damn sure isn't free lol. That being said I should not have to purchase a bag and immediately fix a design flaw on the bottom of the bag.

Will probably hold off for now and keep using my Magellan. So far my $30 backpack is holding up just fine.

I just purchased a used sniper DD bag ($40) and applied Plasti-Dip to the bottom portion. I can post some picture when I get home. When you initially put it on, it doesn't look great but once it dries it starts to look way better. I did multiple coats with drying sessions in between with a direct fan. This allowed me to put extra on the corners and seams.

/\
Yeah lets see a pic.

I picked up a Sniper bag for $40 too. I've already done the putter pocket mod, added some velcro and dividers to the inside, now I just need to focus on the bottom of the bag. I've been searching local thrift shops for an old suitcase I could take the feet from. I also think adding a protective layer to the bottom is a good idea too.

I'll get some this weekend. I tried the velcro mod but I must have done it wrong as it doesn't work well for me. If you can share photos for that I'd appreciat eit. The only thing that has me worried is Texas heat melting this plasti-dip material.

I'll get some this weekend. I tried the velcro mod but I must have done it wrong as it doesn't work well for me. If you can share photos for that I'd appreciat eit. The only thing that has me worried is Texas heat melting this plasti-dip material.

I just got the industrial strength velcro strips at my local hardware store. I arranged them the same that was in my fade tourney bag. Seems to be holding up so far. As for the putter pocket I used some of those large black paperclips that are used for holding a lot of documents together on both sides.
photo.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a beginner, been playing seriously for about a year. Last weekend, I played in my first tournament, and this bag was part of the player's pack (incredible players pack for an amateur tournament, with bag, dri-fit shirt, and premium trilogy disc). I used it for both rounds of the tournament and I was very happy with the bag. It's very well balanced, easily holds 14-16 discs in the main compartment. The top pocket is huge, and held a small knife, small bottle of insect repellent, a couple of granola bars, and the mesh pocket at the back held cell phone and keys, and still had plenty of room for 2 putters up top.

On an incline, the bag did tip over a couple of times, but if you're paying attention when you set it down, this isn't an issue.

Moving up from an Innova standard bag to this entry back pack is a tremendous step up. I'm probably going to make a couple of mods, especially the plasti-dip on the bottom, as the rainy season in South Florida is rapidly approaching.

I just got the industrial strength velcro strips at my local hardware store. I arranged them the same that was in my fade tourney bag. Seems to be holding up so far. As for the putter pocket I used some of those large black paperclips that are used for holding a lot of documents together on both sides.
View attachment 58377
Sweet looking patch! Where did that come from? Did you sew it yourself?

What are you guys buying for dividers to add into the sniper backpack? I am interested in this also.

/\

It's a huk lab patch I got from their pro shop while it was still open in the Portland area. It's just an iron patch that seems to be holding up well.

/\

The dividers I took out of my Fade Tourney bag that I only use as extra/spare disc storage now. I'm not sure where you would be able to buy some. Maybe contact Fade or any of the other companies that provide them with their bags.

I just ordered myself one. I have been using a traditional bag + back straps and my back has been protesting long enough. With only 12-14 discs in my bag at any one time, I find the smaller size to be a feature.

Putting suspension units on dufflebags has got to be the most unergonomic thing ive ever seen. Theres no way that comfortable or convenient.

Ive been playing with the Sniper Bag for about two weeks now. Absolutely love it.

Trying to answer some of many previous questions:

Q: Will it fit a middle aged fat man? Or look like fat guy in a little coat?
A: Well, im 5'8" 150lbs and this thing fits like a glove. Perfect fit for my back. And just as wide and tall as my back. So answer: perhaps... it really might.

Q: People are asking about the bottom not having feet.
A: No feet no plastic. However, i have yet to not just be able to brush off any dirt or debris. If it gets wet its cleans up easily after it dries. If you did want to mod, i would suggest attatching your own rubber feet instead of the plastidip, that really seems like over kill. Another good idea is to scotchguard the $h!t out of the whole thing and never look back.

Q: How many discs does it hold?
A: Ive got 17 in mine with a little wiggle room. 4 putters 3 mids 10 drivers. No dividers.

Q: Putter pocket?
A: Unfortunately no. However the upper storage will easily hold two putters if you wanted to go that route. Some people mod theirs but this things so damn slick looking im not touching it.

Q: Is it stable with a nalgene in one poket.
A: Absolutely. Its not THAT light!

Q: Does the dark grey seem like it would get dirty easily?
A: Everywhere is sold out of the dark grey so i figure no one is really worried about that.

My thoughts: This thing is mad sturdy, cleans up very easily and is perfectly funtional. The back padding is extremely comfortable and ergonimicly designed to distribute the weight across your entire body such as other nice hiking/sports bags. I get absolutely soaked every time i play, as does the bag. However, the padding is so pourous that its dry again by the time i get home. The top pocket isnt huge, but is big enough for my phone, keys, extra water, extra shirt/shorts or small towel. Or, without the last two, can be used as a 2 putter pocket. The only thing im wishing i had here was a spot for a dirtbag. One velcro pocket for a dirtbag on the side with the umbrella strap would be great.

Bottom line, if you carry around 15-17 discs or so. Roll with it. At $60 even if it doesnt have a dirtbag pocket, this things dope. Cheers!

I'm interested in this bag. I just won 50 dollars at Marshall Street and don't want to put a lot extra into a new bag. Style wise, I like this a lot. The two problems people have mentioned are there but I'm not afraid of using plastidip. It looks to have a lot of real estate for patches. Anyone have luck with sewing a pocket on? I saw a picture in the thread with a putter mod, but not how it was done. Does it still allow it to zip?

Any comparison to the UPD Shift available yet?

I have both and here are the two main differences for me.

Shift has more cushioning on the back. Doesn't tip as much or as often as the Sniper.

Sniper feels sturdier (stronger seams) and a tad more storage.

Both are great bags but the straps on the shift seperated on mine which led me to the Sniper for a less expensive substitute.

For those that have had this bag for a while, anyone else experiencing what I am?

Photos

My bag won't sit on the grass flat anymore and tips over towards the strap side. I've reached out to DD to see if this is normal or a defect. Will keep you guys posted.

Last edited:
yes, the bottom is rounding out on mine from the weight of the discs pressing against the flimsy bottom. I am considering putting a thin hard board inside and another on the outside also to bolt/screw together creating a solid bottom for it. Another option would be to put the hard board inside and bolt feet to the bottom of the bag.

Gotcha.

Maybe I'm expecting too much out of my first backpack. Maybe putting in a hard bottom and doing some of the suggestions others have mentioned in this thread might be a better solution.

yes, the bottom is rounding out on mine from the weight of the discs pressing against the flimsy bottom. I am considering putting a thin hard board inside and another on the outside also to bolt/screw together creating a solid bottom for it. Another option would be to put the hard board inside and bolt feet to the bottom of the bag.

Nah, it's been pissing me off too. Sadly, I almost wish I had spent the extra coin on the commander these days .

Nah, it's been pissing me off too. Sadly, I almost wish I had spent the extra coin on the commander these days .

Yeah... it was my first bag so I didn't know about how sturdy the bottom needed to be. Again, I'm seeing what DD will do. I'm hoping they'll replace it or provide some sort of solution. Seems kind of dumb that they'd use such a flimsy bottom... but then again this was a $70 bag.

Oh well. You live. You learn.

Latest posts