• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

I just watched a used one go pass $40 in a couple of hours on Facebook. Don't know where it ended. Couldn't bear to watch

This all makes me feel better about my disc hoarding habits...

Has anyone thrown the gstar Eagle-Ls that are on the innova pro shop right now? I'm thinking about getting a few but not a huge fan of gstar...but since the E-L isn't being produced otherwise might just dig in and get a couple.

Has anyone thrown the gstar Eagle-Ls that are on the innova pro shop right now? I'm thinking about getting a few but not a huge fan of gstar...but since the E-L isn't being produced otherwise might just dig in and get a couple.

I purchased one a year or so ago and it was a little domey, but had great glide compared to any other eagle I've thrown. I liked it, but decided to box boxed it because it's a light green grassy color and didn't want to get hooked on a limited run and loose it.

I got a blue Gstar EL from the pro shop when they were first released. I didn't like it, way too domey, and the plastic was floppy soft, even for Gstar. I recall having trouble puting enough hyzer on it to keep it from cut rolling.

I threw it in the woods, lost it, and spent possibly the shortest time in my DG career looking for a hidden disc before declaring it abducted by aliens.

Color glow eagle

Has anyone tried color glow eagle s yet? I've seen then on Dale but have yet to pick one up. I'm hoping they are overstable like glow eagle s.

Seems like there's at least two different blends of color glow plastic (I'm sure there is more).

Most of my color glows are opaque and a bit more gummy like the sextons.

But I also have some that are more champ like. Stuff and more in the clear side. I do not like. The high speed drivers I have seem to always be in this blend but I also have a leo3

Who still has the color glow eagles by the way?

Tried out an Eagle (X mold, DX, 175g) yesterday, throwing it in a field for about an hour. It flew like 7/2/-1/1.5: very little glide, and did not have the fade I was expecting. Should I chalk it up to variance and get another one? My usual fairways are Teebirds, Leopard3s, and Stags (all Champ/VIP) so I'm trying to figure out where an Eagle fits; I expected it to be like a less glidey Stag but with more of a finishing fade.

Tried out an Eagle (X mold, DX, 175g) yesterday, throwing it in a field for about an hour. It flew like 7/2/-1/1.5: very little glide, and did not have the fade I was expecting. Should I chalk it up to variance and get another one? .

Yeah, you could try another, but it might be better to get a Star or Champ.

I got 3 DX Eagles last year and 1 flew as yours did. Still a nice flier, it's a seasoned Eagle off the shelf.

Tried out an Eagle (X mold, DX, 175g) yesterday, throwing it in a field for about an hour. It flew like 7/2/-1/1.5: very little glide, and did not have the fade I was expecting. Should I chalk it up to variance and get another one? My usual fairways are Teebirds, Leopard3s, and Stags (all Champ/VIP) so I'm trying to figure out where an Eagle fits; I expected it to be like a less glidey Stag but with more of a finishing fade.

Something doesn't sound right to me. What you're saying is that with a glide of 2 it has less glide than the Firebird which only has a glide of 3. I've thrown some seriously beefy eagles, throwback circle stamp Champions, that were like mini Firebirds. Like being the operative word, they still had a half tick less HSS and LSS than a typical Firebird in Champion. I'd say you got a dud, sorry.

Something doesn't sound right to me. What you're saying is that with a glide of 2 it has less glide than the Firebird which only has a glide of 3. I've thrown some seriously beefy eagles, throwback circle stamp Champions, that were like mini Firebirds. Like being the operative word, they still had a half tick less HSS and LSS than a typical Firebird in Champion. I'd say you got a dud, sorry.

Yeah, I missed that part.
An Eagle with a glide of 2?

The less stable new DX Eagle I have and was referring too has great glide

Yeah, you could try another, but it might be better to get a Star or Champ.

I got 3 DX Eagles last year and 1 flew as yours did. Still a nice flier, it's a seasoned Eagle off the shelf.

Variance would be my guess. My DX eagles all have great glide, and a nice hookup at the end.

Yeah, I figure it is still a useful disc, just didn't match the expectations I had. I'm gonna get another DX and a Champ and see what's up.

Yeah, I missed that part.
An Eagle with a glide of 2?

The less stable new DX Eagle I have and was referring too has great glide

Yeah it was really surprising to me. I mean, I wasn't expecting Stag-like levels of glide, but I usually carry a couple of Firebirds and they seem to stay aloft better than this Eagle. Maybe 2 is going too far, but certainly not a glide of 4. Again, maybe it is relative to the expectations, but it behaved like a disc that only goes as far as the amount of power you give it, then drops down so it won't glide past the target. I was surprised because my DX Teebirds have glide for days, so I figured a DX Eagle would have some decent glide as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, I figure it is still a useful disc, just didn't match the expectations I had. I'm gonna get another DX and a Champ and see what's up.

Yeah it was really surprising to me. I mean, I wasn't expecting Stag-like levels of glide, but I usually carry a couple of Firebirds and they seem to stay aloft better than this Eagle. Maybe 2 is going too far, but certainly not a glide of 4. Again, maybe it is relative to the expectations, but it behaved like a disc that only goes as far as the amount of power you give it, then drops down so it won't glide past the target. I was surprised because my DX Teebirds have glide for days, so I figured a DX Eagle would have some decent glide as well.

Try one a little lower weight, I would say 170 ideally. My 166 DX Eagle flew a lot like a seasoned DX teeb with a little more hookup and a little less glide.

Numbers are relative. A glide of "3" on many bricks stamped "Firebird" is inaccurately high.

Back to constructive eagle talk....
They definitely don't glide as much as a perfectly beat in teebird, but my DX eagles aren't too far off. The DX ones I have thrown fade a lot like a teebird though, not dumpy, but turn a lot easier. Go up to star and the fade is sharper but glide doesn't drip too much, champ has almost the same glide as DX, but with the sharper fade. That's just been my experience, YMMV

Back to constructive eagle talk....

Perfect segway from post to post.

Grabbed a couple new F2 11x Ls this week. So dang sexy and that milky opaque old champ plastic has a wonderful grip/feel.

Last edited:

Latest posts