• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Easiest color to see?

Pink bty far

But I also like the Dyemax Capt America Shield i have. It stands out like a billboard int he woods.

its scientifically easiest to see yellow, so i would thing bright yellow

This is probably true, but once summer hits and everything that was green dries up a little there is far too much yellow in nature. I would consider yellow to be one of the hardest colors to spot in a field of grass (most fairways.)

My least favorite colors to find are brown or rust, non bright purples, yellows, greens, and I have never bought black disc but I will just assume that it belongs on this list.

I prefer Orange....:D

DGmods5.jpg

Oh you do, do you? Wow that's a lot of orange!

I have never had any trouble finding my dark blue driver that I use 95% of the time.

As a side note on yellow, if it fades with time, it is almost impossible to find in dead grass. That's a big deal on my home course (Pauls Valley Flightline) where we have huge open areas of dead grass from July to about March.

I personally like white and orange. The main downfall of white is if it is a dirty course, styrofoam plates look a lot like a white driver. Down in Texas we don't get a whole lot of snow, so white works mostly year round.

As many others have already stated:

Pink.

Orange disappears in the fall. White disappears in the winter. Green disappears all the time. Blue hides in the shadows. Yellow is bad in both spring and fall. Darker Champion red is hard to find if there are wet dead leaves (i.e. fall). Clear is just stupid. Purple... I have a purple Leopard that I've tried to lose a few times, but it always comes back. Purple doesn't jump out as much as pink does from a distance though.

I've only ever lost two pink discs. One is on the bottom of a lake and the other one took a hard left turn into some deep woods and never made another appearance.

Orange disappears in the fall.

I have found that in the fall I have no problem finding orange discs. The only time in the fall it's hard to find a disc is when it slides under the leaves and any color would be hard to find when that happens.

I was considering getting a duplicate pink set of discs for the fall but I didn't need to.

aces_in_illinois - The bag is holding up great

It depends on the time of the year and where you live at, at least in part. Orange and plain ol' yellow I would avoid this time of the year in alot of places due to fall colors being exactly those. Green is junk most time of the year - but not for people in the desert or 'brown grass' courses like here in Texas. White is generally pretty easy to find - unless of course you play in snow.

The 'best' colors (IMO) are ones that don't occur naturally wherever I'm living. Blue, pink, purple, dayglow are good choices; yellow and red for other times of the year.

So for a newb that has a tendency to make some bad throws into the woods from time to time and some deep rough.....what colors are easiest to find?

I'm assuming lighter the better, yellow, orange as dayglow as possible. Anything that's not as obvious?

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that, according to science, Chartreuse is the color the human eye most easily identifies.

also, everyone sees colors a little differently , so whats brightest to one person might not be for another.

I use bright pink and blue (anything blue metal flake, regardless of disc, and I buy it) because those are very unnatural colors. I've found red to be disturbingly hard to find if you lose sight of it. Never green, obviously, unless it's bright neon like my Star Mako

Pink.
I rotate discs out of my bag during seasonal changes, i.e., removed orange discs in the fall, white discs during winter snowfall, etc.

^ This. Although I don't have a set "seasonal rotation," per se, I certainly make conscious decisions to throw colors that won't dissappear on a given hole.

Pink/orange (the brighter, the better) are usually the easiest for me to find - except in the fall (... but when your driver slides under a blanket of leaves, I'm not sure it really matters what color it is :\). White's pretty good, too. Day-glo yellow works well, but can be a bear to find among leaves/bushes in dappled sunlight. They also work well when finishing a round in greatly diminished light.

I've found red to be disturbingly hard to find if you lose sight of it.
^ditto - same can be true for med to dark blue.

I refuse to by green, black, or tie-dyes.

Last edited:

Latest posts