• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Easiest disc to throw a 275ft tunnel shot.

hyzer flip a star kite if there is moderate ceiling. If the ceiling is real low I'd throw a patriot on a low hard hyzerflip line.

Any of those variables I mentioned could change my answer though. If there's a headwind, if I'm throwing uphill, if there is a 15' high ceiling etc., my answer will be different.

Same. I'd need more info from the OP to suggest an answer.

When I hear tunnel, I think ceiling is part of the equation, otherwise it's just a tight fairway. With a tunnel at 275', assuming straight - Crave or Axis (head/tail wind). Can give Crave 90% and it will hold a line with good control, or slightly flip the axis for same.

The only thing I've ever been able to get a good run on this hole with is a neutralish mid of some sort, either a Tangent or a slightly seasoned Roc. I could imagine a Comet working well here too.

Sugaw Creek Hole #2, 286 ft. Pretty dang straight.

I like to throw a putter on that hole since there isn't a cieling to worry about.

This is 310 foot hole I threw at a tourney earlier this year. I hyzer flipped an Air Truth straight up the gut for about 280 ft and landed in the center of the "fairway". Naturally, I ended up missing the birdie put.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 62
^^you should have just lied and said you chained out. and took the drop in 2.

I'd use a Core here...but I think my choice changes periodically and based upon my mood.

I use Diamond for this, or Witness, or Underworld. All 3 stay straight when hyzer-fliped, at least until the first tree hit :)

they'll muscle a beefy teebird (like a brinster) in there. they'll use its overstability and point and shoot (maybe with a little anny) and get it there.

I've been trying it and see why they always do it, its such a predictable shot and also very reproducible. A little wind might push a mid/putter into the trees, but a brinster teebird can handle that wind and you can work with its fade.

There are 2 holes on my home course I used to use my XXX for this shot for all the time. Anny down the right side and skip right up to the basket. The problem is, one of those holes has a water hazard on the left side and I got tired of risking it. Since I'm more comfortable with my miss now, my Tangent takes that shot. It has a low ceiling though, and I've noticed I come up short more often now. Less birdies recently. You're making me rethink my strategy.

If I've got a high canopy, I'm probably going with a Z Buzzz...if it's lower, a Pinnacle Patriot works nice.

Thanks for the replies. The beat in scenario always bothers me due to losing discs and not having a back up ready, so when ever possible I prefer to buy something new that will do the job reliably. Would a new "River" work for this shot?

ESP Comet, or Pro D XL - both when bought new, i know are dead straight (for me). You're right on with the "beat in" scenario, i mean you spend a few years sometimes beating a destroyer to US...then only to lose it in the drink...I personally need to know I can trust my new disc purchase so that learning a disc isn't something i'm FORCED to do, it's something I WANT to do. That being said, i'm sure many other discs fit this situation.

So several strategies I have for tight tunnels. I'd say run up is the most important Depending on what your trying to do. If I hyzer flip my beat dx teebird I like to end up on the right side of the teepad. So the disc comes out starting left but there is never a chance for it to hit the left side of the fairway. Then it'll flip straight turnover a bit and either finish straight with a little bit of fade(sometimes not).

Otherwise I'll just throw a seasoned teebird right up the gut maybe kinda low for a skip/ or it'll hit the ground before it fades.

I've also tried throwing a stable roc3 with anny. Have a harder time with this shot .

ESP Comet, or Pro D XL - both when bought new, i know are dead straight (for me). You're right on with the "beat in" scenario, i mean you spend a few years sometimes beating a destroyer to US...then only to lose it in the drink...I personally need to know I can trust my new disc purchase so that learning a disc isn't something i'm FORCED to do, it's something I WANT to do. That being said, i'm sure many other discs fit this situation.

That's why whenever there is a used box I buy all the discs I throw. Use them during practice and separate. I've had beat to crap destroyers that are way more over stable then a fresh destroyer same plastic weight all that. Doesn't even bother me anymore long as I separate them into stability.

That's why whenever there is a used box I buy all the discs I throw. Use them during practice and separate. I've had beat to crap destroyers that are way more over stable then a fresh destroyer same plastic weight all that. Doesn't even bother me anymore long as I separate them into stability.

Agree to disagree on this as to not hijack this thread. That being said, throw what works in practice like mentioned. Different strokes for different folks.

Interesting that everyone just assumed that the hole was straight, which the OP never mentioned as far I can see. I regularly throw a 290' hole at my local 9-hole course that has a bunch of trees with a pretty low ceiling starting about half way down the fairway. There is a straight window but also a window on the right for a RHBH hyzer. Lately, my easiest birdies on it have been to play a skip shot through the right window with a glow Thunderbird. Throwing the straight window, I usually hyzer flip either a GStar TL3 or a star Buzzz.