• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Easiest disc to throw a 275ft tunnel shot.

DiscFifty

Banned
I personally like to throw a mid range or even a putter at this distance. But with my putter I have to throw it higher so the ceiling comes into play. I can hit these lines with my mid range, but I have to throw it fairly hard. I've seen other players use fairway, long distance drivers, etc, so I was just wondering what disc would be the easiest to throw a 275ft tunnel shot? Thanks for any recommendations.

River all day long, glide of 7 and slightly understable to stay straight & true. Well, the River's my go-to, anyway!

oh i posted a thread about this a grip ago.

i bump up to an understable fairway which is a beat to hell z stalker most likely. also meteor is sneaky long. and i have used a gstarrr sw too. but typically ill just bump up one speed class

I have a hole at my local coarse that's 280 foot tunnel shot and after a season of trying everything, what worked best was an smooth and easy hyzer flipped beat star Valkyrie.

diamond.
also the river is very nice for this.
and sidewinder.

Thanks for the replies. The beat in scenario always bothers me due to losing discs and not having a back up ready, so when ever possible I prefer to buy something new that will do the job reliably. Would a new "River" work for this shot?

I use a beat up Z Buzzz for this shot. It works very well on hole 6 at Nevin:

6ccaaaef.jpg

If there isn't a low cieling, I'll use my putter.

Thanks for the replies. The beat in scenario always bothers me due to losing discs and not having a back up ready, so when ever possible I prefer to buy something new that will do the job reliably. Would a new "River" work for this shot?

I think so. Early in my career, I was throwing a couple of new ones, and got a really lucky shot off: slightly downslope, but right at 300 feet. I released crazy low, and I'd swear it never got more than 30 inches off the ground the whole way there. One of the guys I was playing with had his jaw drop, and asked, "what WAS that?" River.

Hey, many other answers are good (well, don't listen to the Nuke OS joke), but this one works for me.

Gstar Fd or beat DX eagle or Squall. Whatever the case, pick a disc that you feel confident in.

River would work.

Another tunnel shot disc that I recently have fallen for is a G* Mako3. I'm amazed at how straight this one flies for me.

I used to use a River for this type of shot. Z Stalker also worked well. Now I use my Alias or Tangent. Tangent on a hyzerflip is probably the easier way to go, but I am more consistent with my Alias.

The only thing I've ever been able to get a good run on this hole with is a neutralish mid of some sort, either a Tangent or a slightly seasoned Roc. I could imagine a Comet working well here too.

Sugaw Creek Hole #2, 286 ft. Pretty dang straight.

280a291b.jpg

Latest posts