• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Easiest disc to throw a 275ft tunnel shot.

:doh:

What do you throw in a bad mood?

A Tantrum(insert rimshot here)

Seriously why is this not a disc? Could be a understable complement to the Rampage.

Fuse for anny, or wasp sidearm. Buzzz straight. Wasp hyzer. Maybe a putter if enugh hight is available.

I like the TP Warship for flat and downhill tunnels. If there is some upslope, I'll hyzer-flip a GL Jade...

Tough call, highly situational and player dependent. For stopping shy of 300' I grab a mid and rip it flat/hard (tangent, atlas, claymore, beat roc). If tunnel is longer or no overshot danger I hyzerflip a fairway driver (switch, crave, beat eagle, beat leopard). I do recommend avoiding really understable discs for this shot, seen too many go too much turn into the weeds with a hair too much snap on release.

Beat up Buzzz or slightly beat Leopard would do this for me. Sometimes I'll use a beat Dx Teebird that I can throw on a slight hyzer that'll laser out but I tend to lose those so I wouldn't necessarily have one in the right cycle haha.

I'm pretty much with Mike C on this one. under 300 without a ceiling I'm probably throwing a JK Aviar. As he said, wind, ceiling, etc can all influence my decision. There are times I throw Firebirds on under 300 ft shots depending on the line. Typically to play the skip route though.

Depends on the tunnel. I like to throw flex shots on most tunnels. Sometimes the flip shot is better, though. Multiple wears on Rocs covers both, though.

Depending on the height of the ceiling I might still throw a putter. As far as mids go, I use a beat Rancho Roc in the summer & a Champ Atlas in the winter.

I never consider distance on a tunnel shot during disc selection. It's how I want a disc to finish, and how much lift vs speed retention I need. I also don't worry if I throw 250' on a 400' hole. If I'm in the fairway, it's all good.

depends really ... usually some sort of neutral or slightly flippy mid i can put some hyzer on .. or a ncie smooth Patriot shot

Latest posts