• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] EMAC Truth

Future considerations: I'm not sure what will happen with the Lucid Verdict in my bag. Right now my Verdict is moderately overstable (not a meathook like some I own, and not straight like some seasoned ones I've taken out of the bag). The EMAC Truth might end up overlapping my verdict, in which case I would replace it with a more overstable Verdict or a Buzzz OS.
This is probably the biggest "downside" of the new EMAC release. I've been scrambling for some slightly domey Verdicts as they seem to be a bit more OS than the flat ones.

This raises a question if there should be an "EMAC Verdict" in the horizon, I think so. :rolleyes:

This is probably the biggest "downside" of the new EMAC release. I've been scrambling for some slightly domey Verdicts as they seem to be a bit more OS than the flat ones.

This raises a question if there should be an "EMAC Verdict" in the horizon, I think so. :rolleyes:

I have completely removed the Lucid Verdict from the bag. Mine were newer runs because last year I was rocking the BioFuzion Truth/ Verdict combo and made the stupid mistake of trying other things. Now there is a little regret giving away the Verdicts because when I came back around, these newer Verdicts are not as low speed stable as I remembered them to be.

However, I was able to snag two Hybrid Verdicts and they are exactly as I remember the older Bios to be. They still play well with the new EMac Truths.

The Emac truth is beating into a nice mildly overstable mid, but I found I still need to carry a hornet for midrange drives that I need to fade hard at the end.

I still want to find one of these US verdicts everyone is talking about. I don't know if it's just my luck, but I have been buying verdicts to find the one that has less HSS and less LSS, but have yet to do so. I even space out the purchases in an attempt to find one. Still nothing. Even the light bio I just got is stable with hard fade. And I'm throwing these on shots from 280'-315' so I don't think it's a problem of getting the disc up to speed.

I still want to find one of these US verdicts everyone is talking about.
Prior to the announcement of the EMac Truth, I started auditioning Verdicts because I knew the current run Truths weren't going to have a place in my bag. I picked up a couple of the GBO Hybrid Verdicts, along with a Lucid, and was surprised that the hybrids ended up being a bit less stable than the Lucid, which has been the opposite of my experience with any hybrid discs from DD. I was pretty stoked at the time, considering I was looking for some backups for my early run Truth, and these basically flew the exact same as what I knew a fresh Truth to fly like; straight with reliable fade.

At this point I've had a chance to beat in my EMac a bit and it's starting to show a little more turn than I'd like. It still finishes consistently, but it's the turn that concerns me. And it's a max weight. Hopefully this isn't the continued trend, but if so, it's good to know that I can bump up to the Verdict and get the flight I'm looking for without having to sacrifice how the disc feels in my hand.

EDIT: I would by no means call the hybrid Verdicts understable. I'd basically rate them the same as the original Truth flight numbers 5/5/0/2

Last edited:
I threw the EMAC Truth at the local 2 disc challenge last night, and I'll say that I'm pretty impressed. I'm not a fan of beadless mids - and I know it's not beadless but it is really small, felt basically beadless in my hand - but this is a great throwing disc for sure. I was able to put good power on it and it would flip up but not turn over. Also was able to keep it straight with manageable power but what caught my attention was the soft fade at the end, it wasn't dumpy like most buzzzes I've thrown, it was a lot more mellow. I've never thrown the original truth, but you could likely pair an EMAC with a normal truth and have a good midrange lineup.

It's not going to kick my ghosts out of my bag for sure, but it's still a really nice mold that I enjoyed throwing.

Any comparisons between the EMAC Truth and the Compass? Looking for a slightly stable mid. Been throwing the Compass and I am not in love, but still trying to make it fit into my lineup.

It's interesting to see people taking the verdict out of their bag, I have a lucid verdict and an emac truth, and the emac truth is definitely more stable than the newer truths - but I don't find it overstable. Obviously this could just be my disc. Currently also rolling with a truth from a couple years ago and I feel like they all have a place. The verdict still surprises me how much glide it has and then the dependable fade. I've only had the emac truth a week and half now but after 4 rounds with it it's definitely got a slot in the bag.

Any comparisons between the EMAC Truth and the Compass? Looking for a slightly stable mid. Been throwing the Compass and I am not in love, but still trying to make it fit into my lineup.
I think the stability of the two is similar. However, the EMAC is faster so it will be longer but has a bit more fade. This becomes even more evident when powered down.

I was excited for the compass and it was a huge let down, and I was somewhat excited for the EMAC truth, but it blew my expectations away. Its the first disc in the trilogy lineup I feel that is going to kick out the Mace/Verdict combo I was using since I switched to trilogy. The bard has made appearances also. I'm hoping the fuzion EMACS will add a bit more stability to the already great first lucid run. We will see though. I still keep a fresh opto Harp or Justice in the bag for stupid stable shots, but everything below that with cycling, I feel like the EMAC can be that disc!

As for comparing to a compass, I gave the compass a fair shot, and it just didn't handle power as well as I would like. I guess you could say the EMAC is more forgiving.

I have 3 Truths in the bag (Lucid, Fuzion, Fluid) with of course my Fuzion being most stable indeed.

I also bag a Lucid Verdict but I must say that the EMAC Truth is not in between the Verdict and Truth as mentioned by E-Mac on the podcast.

It possibly could be just the one I got which was a red Lucid 178g from infinite discs but I swear my EMAC Truth is a less stable than all my Truths even my super beat in Lucid Truth. I was a little disappointed in my purchase because I am looking for that finish that verdict has indeed.

If anyone has noticed this problem please reach out I will post a pick of the flight plate of my EMAC Truth if anyone is interested. I do feel it is a little puddle top but not to noticeable. I have a Felon that is super puddle topped indeed.

I have 3 Truths in the bag (Lucid, Fuzion, Fluid) with of course my Fuzion being most stable indeed.

I also bag a Lucid Verdict but I must say that the EMAC Truth is not in between the Verdict and Truth as mentioned by E-Mac on the podcast.

It possibly could be just the one I got which was a red Lucid 178g from infinite discs but I swear my EMAC Truth is a less stable than all my Truths even my super beat in Lucid Truth. I was a little disappointed in my purchase because I am looking for that finish that verdict has indeed.

If anyone has noticed this problem please reach out I will post a pick of the flight plate of my EMAC Truth if anyone is interested. I do feel it is a little puddle top but not to noticeable. I have a Felon that is super puddle topped indeed.

You must have got a dud because they are noticeably more stable than than the previous run of truths.

You must have got a dud because they are noticeably more stable than than the previous run of truths.

I got two 178g Lucid EMACs and they fly as described. Significantly more stable than any other Lucid, Fuzion, or Fluid that I've thrown in the past. Virtually no flip/turnover. At most, when new, it stands up of a hyper, but it's pretty resistant to turn.

Just ordered three more 178g EMACS. Yeah I will have a bunch. But they are my favorite midranges. Beat out Buzzz and Roc3. My other two go-to mids.

To me they are definitely less flippy than my OG truths.

Must be a dud. At least all three EMACs that I have, have a very small dome to them whereas the original Truths are usually flatter.

That being said, my slightly beat EMAC is starting to show some turn. I'm a bit disappointed as it is now overlapping the Truths in the bag. Of course I can add a fresh EMAC there, but the truly stable flight seems to be of the quickly disappearing variety. :\

That being said, my slightly beat EMAC is starting to show some turn. I'm a bit disappointed as it is now overlapping the Truths in the bag. Of course I can add a fresh EMAC there, but the truly stable flight seems to be of the quickly disappearing variety. :\

Have you thrown it a ton already?

Must be a dud. At least all three EMACs that I have, have a very small dome to them whereas the original Truths are usually flatter.

Hopefully the EMAC will come out in a more stable plastic.

So here is a profile of my EMAC Truth that appears to be warped but it could possibly be the camera angle. I think it is a dud like you guys are saying indeed. It flew like that right out of the package and it kinda looked a little funny when I first got it. I must say it kinda flies similar to a claymore maybe.

http://imgur.com/Ynu68nO

Attachments

• IMG_1289[1].jpg
    IMG_1289[1].jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Latest posts