• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] EMAC Truth

ahhh okay. i thought i was missing an easter egg of sorts. he does love his dog and posts about him all the time, haha.

I do think that Ralph is on some of the Opto Bite runs though!

Dumb question but do these say emac truth on the bottom flight plate or just truth?

51eb3d54f6c712f052104d3963d0d5f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm loving my biofuzion EMAC truth. I was throwing a pile of buzz's that were in various stages of beat, but this thing flies straighter and farther than any of them. Also, it is great at holding whatever line you throw it on. Definitely a keeper at this point.

I'm loving my biofuzion EMAC truth. I was throwing a pile of buzz's that were in various stages of beat, but this thing flies straighter and farther than any of them. Also, it is great at holding whatever line you throw it on. Definitely a keeper at this point.

This is good news. I grabbed one for my players pack choice recently and have yet to throw it. Right now my mid setup is a Retro Claymore, Opto Claymore, Bard, Justice. The Bard is pretty new and OS. The Opto Claymore is worn in and a laser. Im looking for something to fill the gap and I've been thinking a Truth or 2 would work depending on plastic. Or doing what I tend to do and overhaul my mid range line up for new molds entirely and start cycling again with Truths and Verdicts lol

The thing holding me back from adding an Emac, is that I keep reading how they encroach on fairway distances. I dont know what distance that is when they say fairway distances. I throw my fairways up to about 300', maybe more depending on the mold. But if an EMac truth is just going to overlap a fairway, then I probably wont add it...

The thing holding me back from adding an Emac, is that I keep reading how they encroach on fairway distances. I dont know what distance that is when they say fairway distances. I throw my fairways up to about 300', maybe more depending on the mold. But if an EMac truth is just going to overlap a fairway, then I probably wont add it...

Truth and Verdict is a good combo. I throw Verdict, Emac Truth, and old Truth to cover my midranges.

As far as fairway distances go, I can get my seasoned Teebirds out further than the Truth. Although I just picked up a backup Champ Teebird and this one is abnormally beefy. It's not really outdistancing my old Truth by much.

I think there can be some overlap between a speed 5 mid (like the Truth) and a speed 7 fairway. The fairways should go a little further, but you need to evaluate if it's enough to justify carrying both. Where a mid like the Truth really shines is when paired to a longer fairway or control driver, like a Convict/Escape/Saint/Saint Pro etc.

Yes Truths/Verdicts can overlap with fairway discs even at those ranges but you can hit those ranges on some different lines with them. The flip side of that is that you can hit Mid shots on a much smoother pull which for me means more accuracy.

I also bag a suspect which for me is like a tweener disc between my mids and throwing putters since sometimes my truth/verdicts can run long in certain situations.

Truth and Verdict is a good combo. I throw Verdict, Emac Truth, and old Truth to cover my midranges.

As far as fairway distances go, I can get my seasoned Teebirds out further than the Truth. Although I just picked up a backup Champ Teebird and this one is abnormally beefy. It's not really outdistancing my old Truth by much.

I think there can be some overlap between a speed 5 mid (like the Truth) and a speed 7 fairway. The fairways should go a little further, but you need to evaluate if it's enough to justify carrying both. Where a mid like the Truth really shines is when paired to a longer fairway or control driver, like a Convict/Escape/Saint/Saint Pro etc.

I bag both an Escape and Convict. My fairways are either a Patriot, Underworld, or Leopard3 depending on what I feel like throwing or the course, an Eagle, and a XXX. thats the general set up anyway. From what Im gathering on truths and how they compare, I could either bag a rounded out fairway category and just a few mids, or add the Truth(s), and bag more mids and just bag a couple staple fairways.

I also bag a suspect which for me is like a tweener disc between my mids and throwing putters since sometimes my truth/verdicts can run long in certain situations.

Suspects are an amazing approach disc and compliment to the Verdict/Truth combo. One of my favorite discs.

I bag both an Escape and Convict. My fairways are either a Patriot, Underworld, or Leopard3 depending on what I feel like throwing or the course, an Eagle, and a XXX. thats the general set up anyway. From what Im gathering on truths and how they compare, I could either bag a rounded out fairway category and just a few mids, or add the Truth(s), and bag more mids and just bag a couple staple fairways.

Truthfully, I throw faster fairways (Felon/Undertaker) now because I bag the truth/Verdict combo. That and I throw the envy for my throwing Putter. So.. I had to speed up mids and fairways!

The comfort in throwing these and stability make them reliable far flying mids, but fairways should still fly further (as long as they're faster than a gazelle or slower fairways).

Truthfully, I throw faster fairways (Felon/Undertaker) now because I bag the truth/Verdict combo. That and I throw the envy for my throwing Putter. So.. I had to speed up mids and fairways!

The comfort in throwing these and stability make them reliable far flying mids, but fairways should still fly further (as long as they're faster than a gazelle or slower fairways).

I throw the Pure for my throwing putter which bombs so I get that. I feel like by bagging a truth/verdict duo, one would have to bag another mid mold or two for the slower mids that arent as far as the faster ones, but farther than putters. Is that where people are throwing suspects? Or could I effectively bookend a truths and verdicts with a claymore or two, and a justice?

I throw the Pure for my throwing putter which bombs so I get that. I feel like by bagging a truth/verdict duo, one would have to bag another mid mold or two for the slower mids that arent as far as the faster ones, but farther than putters. Is that where people are throwing suspects? Or could I effectively bookend a truths and verdicts with a claymore or two, and a justice?

I think the Suspect and your Pure would cover that shorter shot.

Also, personally, I don't like throwing mids too hard and the Truth can power down a bit if needed.

Suspect powers/ranges down way better than I expected. I typically never throw a mid on under 250' shots, and like to use them more in the 270-330' range...but the Suspect I'd have no problem throwing in the 200' range from my few throws with one. Holds lines nicely.

Justice is crazy beef, will fade and dump to the ground out of your hand. It needs to be thrown hard and will still go shorter than your mids and maybe putters.

Claymore is still long and very glidey. I haven't thrown a Truth/Claymore side by side but I think they are really similar in glide/distance.

If you want to go a more normal mid distance with good line holding then Compass could be the option. I feel like the Compass can be powered on a low line ok (but less distance than Truths), but also thrown high like a traditional mid...where I don't like that type of line on a Truth/Claymore type of disc.

I've yet to encounter a scenario where the gap between my envy and truth leave me unsure of what to throw.

Both molds (Truth and envy (not meaning to talk up the envy)) range so well. I think the suspect would do well in the envy spot, though!

Suspect powers/ranges down way better than I expected. I typically never throw a mid on under 250' shots, and like to use them more in the 270-330' range...but the Suspect I'd have no problem throwing in the 200' range from my few throws with one. Holds lines nicely.

Justice is crazy beef, will fade and dump to the ground out of your hand. It needs to be thrown hard and will still go shorter than your mids and maybe putters.

Claymore is still long and very glidey. I haven't thrown a Truth/Claymore side by side but I think they are really similar in glide/distance.

If you want to go a more normal mid distance with good line holding then Compass could be the option. I feel like the Compass can be powered on a low line ok (but less distance than Truths), but also thrown high like a traditional mid...where I don't like that type of line on a Truth/Claymore type of disc.

The Justice is a freak and I love every bit of it. Mine gets used more and more it seems. I think I need to throw my Truth against one of my fresh Claymores to see how they compare before moving forward on any possible changes to my bag.

I forgot about the Compass though. I had one but traded it off a while back.

I think I need to throw my Truth against one of my fresh Claymores to see how they compare before moving forward on any possible changes to my bag.

Just to be clear I think the regular Truth and Claymore are close. I haven't thrown an Emac enough to compare. Claymores aren't super HSS but are very glidey.

I'm struggling a bit with the eMac Truth.

I am bagging 2 eMac Lucid Truths currently.

One is beat and has a beautiful sweeping HS turn (it was used when i got it).

I also purchased new a eMac luCid Truth 179 thinking it would be straighter.

It is straighter, but it is not straight, it still exhibits quite a substantial HS turn.

I also have a Westside Warship and the Warship has less HS turn than the eMac Truth.

The Truth does have more LS fade than the Warship.

I know form comes into this a lot

But I am struggling to understand Why the eMac Truth would be less HSS than a Warship.

Did I just get a unusual eMac Truth?

I think so. I recently got an EMac after a year or so of thinking my old Truth was an EMac and it was not. The two are very different. My EMac has not turned on me ever. Then again, if throwing into a wind, I generally grab my Verdict.

Latest posts