• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ergo 3

I'm about 225 and it holds my fat ass:)

Ok so after my first whole day of actually playing with it, all I can say is "WOW"! Carried it two rounds when I thought I was going to use my cart and didn't regret it a bit. Lightest bag I've carried even though I have more discs and just as much stuff as I have carried in a grip and more recently a flak x. The seat seems to be a little more comfortable but not by a whole lot. It could be because I was focused on playing and not on how comfortable it is. But I sat on it during a players meeting and multiple times during two rounds and it never killed me. It never fell over or anything when I say it down and sometimes I expected it to. Anyways I'll update this again later but figured I'd offer a little more info.

How much lean can it take?

uhJp0Gph.jpg

diyx1FFh.jpg

It sat sturdy (sturdier than the Ergo 2) on hills/slopes. It was able to handle more slope than my son's Grip bag (A14).

Also:
I ended up using the rain fly this past weekend and it worked great... much easier to use than my son's Grip bag.

Last edited:
If anyone is doing a custom one, here's a stencil I drew up. Should work in paint with the fill button to change the colors.
ergo3_zpsfm1kvgv7.png

I haven't seen an image of it on someone's back yet :/ How high above the shoulders is the seat area with it on?

Say you only had beverages in the bottom. Could you get to them easily if only using the vertical disc storage? How much would that realistically limit the disc capacity?

You could get 20 discs in there and have access to 12oz cans if you want tall boys don't use the bottom pocket and safely get 16 I'd say

Good old Turkey Creek.

Nice reviews guys. Way better then that first one that was up on youtube. I do like the fact that it can hold a few more discs but over all I think I'm gonna stick with my Ergo2. That built in seat doesn't seem to be all that great. I'm sure he'll do some tweaks though. Just had my Ergo2 replaced a couple months ago and it's got some upgrades that my original didn't have.

Bottom pocket sag

I haven't had a problem with the slots in mine. They've gotten a little misshapen from use, but the unit hasn't sagged at all. The only problem I've had is with the bottom developing a hole (repair will be covered under warranty too), and he's obviously fixed that.

Did Noah's slots fail on his 2?

The bottom pocket wasn't cut right on mine... as you can see in the video at 0:57 (https://youtu.be/8FnZgS9lIXo?t=57s). It's like the pocket was way bigger at the opening than it was at the back... so it seemed like you should be able to put 5-6 discs in it, but only 4 really fit once you pushed them towards the back. I hand-sewed the sleeve so that the opening was only 4 discs high and now they fit perfectly... and I have more room under the bottom pocket.

I just picked up an Ergo 3 and have had it for about a week now and really like this bag. I did notice a couple small things that have been mentioned already. My bag however does not have the plastic bottom and instead is durable material. I was not to pleased at first when I realized it did not have the hard bottom but now actually prefer it. It is lighter and allows for more flex on slopes. I changed from having any horizontal discs like the picture below shows and have them all vertical and was able to get the same amount of discs in there.
I would recommend this bag. I have only had bag style in the past so I don't have much to compare it with but I am happy with the purchase

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 137
My random doubles partner let me try on his loaded Ergo , the bag felt extremely light for having 20 discs within. The tipping stability of the bag was as great as well. The straps were comfortable, but seemed a little duty compared to other backpacks I've used. Anyone having uses with their straps?

Last edited:
Friend of mine just got this, I like the retro looking color combo. So far the bag is working out nicely for him.

Attachments

• IMG_20150927_094921.jpg
    IMG_20150927_094921.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 148
I just got mine in the mail and I am really happy with the build quality and how fast it got to me. Heres some pics, business on the outside and party on the inside!

Attachments

• 20160317_114029.jpg
    20160317_114029.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 20160317_114105.jpg
    20160317_114105.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 20160317_113653.jpg
    20160317_113653.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 62

Latest posts