• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] ESP Meteor vs Z Buzzz SS and other questions

mavsfan

Par Member
So I went through my unbagged discs and realized I had an ESP Meteor sitting on the sidelines. The result is I am looking at the options for the slightly US Mid slot in my bag.

I am currently carrying a Z Buzzz for the stable, an F2 *Ontario Roc for the OS, and the Z-Buzzz SS is the US Mid.

BTW I just picked up an Axis as well so the Mid range selection looks rather like this:

Hydra - just added as I play a lot of water including a 240' x 20' peninsula
ESP Zone - used more as a putter in heay wind

Z-Buzzz SS
ESP - Meteor - I've had it but never really worked it out

Z-Buzzz
Neuton - Axis

* Ontario Roc (F2)

Are these discs more complimentary or do I need to thin the herd?

Axis, BuzzzSS and Ontario Roc are all stable (straight flying) discs. ESP Meteor is understable (good compliment to them) but needs to be thrown pretty hard to really show it's understability. The Buzzz match up well with the Meteor as they like to be thrown pretty hard. I'd go Buzzz, BuzzzSS and Meteor myself.

I agree with the comments above. I have had very hit and miss experiences with Meteors. I throw around 370-390 with very weak spin on my discs, and I have never had consistent success with getting the meteor to fly as intended. The one I did have was a Crystal Meteor and it was a thing of beauty but is naturally more understable. I would go with your Buzzz SS here, but strongly recommend picking up a Comet to fill this slot instead. Way more versatile and will help your form/game in the long run.

I haven't thrown a Buzzz SS, but the Meteor absolutely BOMBS for a mid. It can crush hyzer flips to flat that will finish turning at the very end of the flight, or if you power it down you can get it to fade more. Holds crazy long annies to the ground, too. Mine are both 170 grams, and I have no problems making them do their thing. They do have a little more fade than expected when powered down on approaches, but if there is no wind and you need a straight line off the tee, the Meteor is excellent. Just a super fun disc to throw.

Latest posts