• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ESP Wasp vs. Roc

jtbingster

* Ace Member *
First, when did the ESP Wasp go OOP? Was it popular or not? It seems like the people who dislike the Wasp talk about its lack of glide, and I would've thought that the ESP would've had better glide than the Z.

Second, I just wanted to get more people's opinions on why they like the Roc better than the Wasp or vice versa.

Prerube, I didn't find many threads on this (or any), but if I missed them I officially give you permission to tear me apart.

:popcorn:

I like my Wasps in Z because they hit a lot of trees :| This is one of the big advantages of the Wasp, as I see it, because getting a Champ Roc...that ain't such an easy (or cheap) thing.

I throw an ESP Wasp and I like it a lot. ^^bcr knows my crave...:D;) I basically use it when I need a more stable/breeze fighting ESP Buzzz type shot. Which I have both in my bag. I would compare its flight to a lightly seasoned Z Buzzz. If your into that whole "Z" plastic thing...

Hey went oop the same year they came out...so 09 maybe?
The problem was that that they molded up inconsistant with some being more buzzz like.

The main difference between the wasp and roc is that the wasp is a tad faster and more overstable. Also, many rocs seem to have more late turn to their flights- a trait I've personally only seen in photon and d wasps. The torque, another oop esp slightly overstable mid that molded inconsistantly, does have that late turn though, maybe more.

wasp was a bit more overstable and faster than roc, but the flight just didn't have that money feel. maybe it's the lack of glide. the last wasp i owned kept wobbling when i threw it, sometimes it would fade, other times just keep turning as if it wasn't overstable. it had to go, roc4ever.

they should run them in X, that way stages of wear could be done. discraft pro D is awful for anything besides putters

they should run them in X, that way stages of wear could be done. discraft pro D is awful for anything besides putters

They used to and Im sure your aware of this. You can still find X wasps, I have one in my bag along with a z. Its really all personal preference.

The pro d wasps that were run were actually, imo, really nice plastic.

The lack of a baseline option led me to rocs:(

I use an ESP Wasp. Nice disc. Also use Rocs. Don't like Star Rocs that much and that is why I have the ESP Wasp. Firmer plastic than the Star Rocs. Fits nicely between DX Rocs and Champ Rocs.

They used to and Im sure your aware of this. You can still find X wasps, I have one in my bag along with a z. Its really all personal preference.

I don't throw wasps, it was just an idea. Roc all the way

The pro d wasps that were run were actually, imo, really nice plastic.

The lack of a baseline option led me to rocs:(

I have a beef with discrafts Pro D. It's the worst plastic for anything besides putters.

Latest posts