• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

European Open 2016

giphy.gif

stop touching yourself. this threads not about you.

:clap:

^Yep. It's just Cat being Cat.

Yup I'm pretty sure this is true. Allen just has a different vibe to her compared to other disc golfers. I think "aloof" is the best word I can use to decribe it.

Yup I'm pretty sure this is true. Allen just has a different vibe to her compared to other disc golfers. I think "aloof" is the best word I can use to decribe it.
Can't really blame her when she knew she had little to no chance of even cashing since the event was designed against her division.

Watched a few holes during the USWDGC and this is pretty accurate. She rarely talked to her card mates except to say her score. The others were joking around and having a good time. Cat would stand alone and I never saw her smile.

Can't really blame her when she knew she had little to no chance of even cashing since the event was designed against her division.

shes very capable of playing well enough to cash. however she is still a 970ish rated player, and just like a 970 rated guy she has to play very well to cash at an A tier or higher event.

For someone that is used to always battling for the win in FPO, I imagine she lost focus when she realized she was too far out of the money to come back and cash. she played more consistent at La Mirada when she was close to the money line

and pretty sure she has enjoyed playing vs the guys as well as the additional media exposure she has received(2 feature cards that were filmed) for being the only female to play

I don't care? I mean, you can waddle your happy @#$ to another thread if you don't like it. Deal? :hfive:

Dude we have all heard it. You think the one division format is sexist and you hate it. We get it. The rest of us would like to discuss the actual tournament

Dude we have all heard it. You think the one division format is sexist and you hate it. We get it. The rest of us would like to discuss the actual tournament
OOOOH my first telephone tough guy... on a disc golf forum... pretty pathetic when you break it down. I am more disappointed than amused.

I kind of agree that the one division format is not fair for female competitors. However, I also understand Jessi's reasoning.

Well, I think Jamie would admit that part of that is his own doing. But this is today, and what happened yesterday is behind us.

My mama always said, "It takes 2 to tango"...and I've danced a few times.

As a side note, the media guys in general find it funny when we each get hate like that. I've shared some laughs with the Jomez guys in the past over things that are said about us both personally and professionally. :popcorn:

Onto this year though - What a fun final round! I believe the Front 9 drops tomorrow.

OOOOH my first telephone tough guy... on a disc golf forum... pretty pathetic when you break it down. I am more disappointed than amused.

I really have no idea why you are calling me a tough guy. Did I threaten to beat you up or something?

I see Cat down in the valley(Phx) quite a bit playing the various and many leagues, tourneys and what have yous... She is the consummate professional, and could teach many a person on how to carry themselves as such. It sucks that it needs to be said, but she's not out there because of her smile, she's out there because she's got game.

We need some footage to see what happened. Was Paul that amazing, or did Ricky just miss another opportunity.

Paul went off on the whole, but Rick had a chance at the end and sawed off his drive on 18. Would have been a one stroke margin but you could tell he was pissed and just doinked his last putt since it didn't really matter.

Spoil spoiler spoiled I've been away...what did I miss? Wait what? No that can't be right. Whatever... I love the Paul and Rick show though regardless. We're gonna have a generation of disc golfers that fall into two groups: Are you a Rick or Are you a Paul? Personally? I love Paul's entire game, it's him vs. Rick and the Field basically at every tourney, his ability to turn it on is legendary, and on and on and on... But I'm a Rick: I always find myself rooting for him. He's the perennial underdog(see:above) and I guess I'm a sucker for the up and comer(she did not say that). What about Simon? I dunno something about him makes me feel like he's always sandbagging...lol, like if he got mad, "HULK SMASH-mad" he would win by double digits every time. He's probably my favorite to watch I guess. So maybe there's gonna be three types of discer... wait wait I forgot Eagle....(?)

It's a pretty great time to be a fan of pro disc golf. We've got top players with completely different styles and personalities, and it makes for some fun battles. I'm with you on Simon. I think in the next year or two he's gonna push even more. He's talked about how he's playing smarter and more safe, and you can see the results already this season.

paullllllllllllllllllllllll. best comeback most significant win in recent disc history?

to me that rounds substantially substantial.

I asked Paul where he'd rank this win, and he wasn't sure yet. Mentioned his worlds comeback and last year's USDGC as being up there too.

Watched a few holes during the USWDGC and this is pretty accurate. She rarely talked to her card mates except to say her score. The others were joking around and having a good time. Cat would stand alone and I never saw her smile.

Ricky is pretty much the same way and no one seems to care. Hopefully it can be the same for Cat, where we dont really have to think it's odd, but she's under a microscope at these World Tour events.

yeah his worlds comeback for sure but i didnt really mean personal milestones or career achievements just in the context of this season with the injury and the scuttle and the momentous momentums and what not this win was huge. for its place in the game as a whole.

good reply. good insight. thank you.

yeah his worlds comeback for sure but i didnt really mean personal milestones or career achievements just in the context of this season with the injury and the scuttle and the momentous momentums and what not this win was huge. for its place in the game as a whole.

good reply. good insight. thank you.

Oh no doubt. Kinda shifts the narrative back to where it was at the beginning of the season a bit. I'll be curious to see how Ricky responds at BSF this weekend, or if the combination of travel and the big emotions of the event leads to a letdown for both and opens the door to another contender.

Oh no doubt. Kinda shifts the narrative back to where it was at the beginning of the season a bit. I'll be curious to see how Ricky responds at BSF this weekend, or if the combination of travel and the big emotions of the event leads to a letdown for both and opens the door to another contender.

Barsby!

The thing I can't really wrap my brain around is why all the hate is exclusively geared toward SpinTV productions. Every other dg media outlet does great work, Jamie and company are terrible, appearantly.

Given the amount of resources that Spin has, their quality is less than it could be.

Spin is not terrible. Indeed, earlier in the event they were the best they've been. It seemed to degrade round to round, probably got tired?

Avery was less frenetic in his hand movements, they were there, but they weren't awful.

The problem is that they aren't capable of being conversational about the sport. Whether that is a learned skill or a natural one, I will leave up to others to decide. But, go watch Chumps vs Champs on CCDG. It's done by Nate Sexton. He's fantastic. He is capable of finding things to comment on. He talks about shot selection, but not as if it is rote memorized. He comments on player behavior and it is funny and often spot on. Now Nate has more to work with, it's comedy (please don't tell me it's bad comedy, I'd rather live in my simple world where it was funny) and the Spin guys are supposed to be serious, but the depth of their commentary is too shallow. They repeat concepts in multiple ways to try and fill time. Watch the C vs C, you will see, Nate doesn't feel he has to constantly talk, he talks when there is something to say, he keeps it simple, and relevant.

The Spin video is good, no, not perfect, but it is good. Sometimes they catch things they shouldn't, but overall, their positioning and coverage is fine. If you're gonna piss about it, you have to go watch the Salient thing until you realize just how bad it can be. I do want them to get more natural at it, and they made a step in this coverage. Hopefully by the EM they will make a leap that way.

Paul went off on the whole, but Rick had a chance at the end and sawed off his drive on 18.

I can't help but question Ricks shot selection for that tee shot a bit. Seems like a basic backhand hyzer is a much better play.

Latest posts