• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever caught someone with your disc?

I am going to try to break the tension, so I hope this makes everyone laugh:

Koolaid.jpg

One day at the course, some of us were in the parking lot by Hole #1. A kid walks up with a found disc. This kid had jjust gotten a new cell phone and was excited to make his first call to an owner of a lost/found disc. As he is dialing and waiting he is leaning on his dad's truck looking back through the parking lot, away from Hole #1 tee. About 35 or 40 feet away on the tee for Hole #1, a guy's phone started ringing.

I thought, "No way, it can't be this guy".

Well it was him. He was looking down the fairway and talking to this kid who was right behind him! And the kid was looking the opposite way so he had no idea he was talking to the guy on #1 who was just 40 feet away!

After a few seconds the guy on #1 asked if the kid could meet him somewhere to get his disc back and the kid said, "I don't know, I'm at the course right now". The other guy said, "At the course? So am I!" They each turned around with their phones to their ears and kept on talking to each other through their phones! And all this time they were close enough to each other to whisper.

Funny, funny stuff!

I found a disc with an email address on it. I wrote the amail address on a post it note and put it in my wallet. Now anytime I'm online and something asks me if I want to "recieve future valuable offers via email" I say "Hell yeah" and I whip out my wallet.

Sidewinding, great story! Not only are you teaching your kids a lesson, but I'm sure you're helping that family stay together and be happy. It's tough, especially these days, for poor families to enjoy certain things in life. Disc Golf is an awesome way to spend a few hours in the fresh air with your family...and it costs practically nothing!

Not trying to start a never ending thread, but what is the answer to this question? If you leave a disc behind and then see someone throwing it a couple days later, is a name & number the deciding factor of whether you can take it back or not?

Not trying to start a never ending thread, but what is the answer to this question? If you leave a disc behind and then see someone throwing it a couple days later, is a name & number the deciding factor of whether you can take it back or not?

I think the deciding factor is whether or not the person that is currently in possession is willing to give it back.

I think the deciding factor is whether or not the person that is currently in possession is willing to give it back.

What about legally though? Im pretty sure if theres no name on the disc you dont have the right to take it back. But if the disc has your name and number on it, do you have the legal right to take it back?

If your name and number is on it and the person doesn't want to give it back you could spend the time and money to take him to small claims court (given that you can figure out who this person actually is), in which case you would most likely lose unless you had the receipt (cause anyone could find a disc and put their name on it). If you did win (which is highly unlikely), you would not be rewarded the disc, but the actual cost of the disc, which would be much less than the court costs. So no, I don't think the person's whose name is on the disc has any legal claim to the disc once he has left it for lost, but they might, depending on the judge, have legal claim to the cost of the disc.

Last edited:
Although, now that I think about it, a receipt wouldn't work either because it's not like these discs have specific serial numbers that are printed on the receipt. You might be able to prove that you bought a certain model disc. You might be able to prove that your name is on that same model of disc. But that doesn't in and of itself prove that it is actually the same specific disc that you purchased. This is the exact reason that things with more value do have serial numbers, like bicycles, cars, etc...

One day at the course, some of us were in the parking lot by Hole #1. A kid walks up with a found disc. This kid had jjust gotten a new cell phone and was excited to make his first call to an owner of a lost/found disc. As he is dialing and waiting he is leaning on his dad's truck looking back through the parking lot, away from Hole #1 tee. About 35 or 40 feet away on the tee for Hole #1, a guy's phone started ringing.

I thought, "No way, it can't be this guy".

Well it was him. He was looking down the fairway and talking to this kid who was right behind him! And the kid was looking the opposite way so he had no idea he was talking to the guy on #1 who was just 40 feet away!

After a few seconds the guy on #1 asked if the kid could meet him somewhere to get his disc back and the kid said, "I don't know, I'm at the course right now". The other guy said, "At the course? So am I!" They each turned around with their phones to their ears and kept on talking to each other through their phones! And all this time they were close enough to each other to whisper.

Funny, funny stuff!

lol, nice

Great story

I was in a tourney one time, and had just thrown my drive. I was off the fairway, so as I walked to my disc I was looking at the basket trying to find a route.

As I got to my disc a person was saying something to me. I was not really paying attention to him until he said "your disc is up there, this is mine" I looked down...nope it was mine...had my name on it just like I write it. No he says your disc is over there.

How about that...he was right. There were 2 glow cyclones 20 feet apart, both with my name on them.

I asked how he came to be throwing my disc???? "Well I "found" one in the lost and found at the Grange" He then had the BALLS to ask me if he can keep it!!!! I told him to finish the hole and give it back.

I can not remember this person's name. All I can say is WHAT AN IDIOT. You steal a disc from a lost and found, and then play a tournament round with the person you stole it from!!!!!

I was in a tourney one time, and had just thrown my drive. I was off the fairway, so as I walked to my disc I was looking at the basket trying to find a route.

As I got to my disc a person was saying something to me. I was not really paying attention to him until he said "your disc is up there, this is mine" I looked down...nope it was mine...had my name on it just like I write it. No he says your disc is over there.

How about that...he was right. There were 2 glow cyclones 20 feet apart, both with my name on them.

I asked how he came to be throwing my disc???? "Well I "found" one in the lost and found at the Grange" He then had the BALLS to ask me if he can keep it!!!! I told him to finish the hole and give it back.

I can not remember this person's name. All I can say is WHAT AN IDIOT. You steal a disc from a lost and found, and then play a tournament round with the person you stole it from!!!!!

Wow, small world.

I looked down...nope it was mine...had my name on it just like I write it. ... I asked how he came to be throwing my disc???? "Well I "found" one in the lost and found at the Grange"

Did you also have your phone number, PDGA number, or anything that would have allowed the person who found it to contact you? It seems harsh to get mad at someone who picked a disc with no contact info out of a "lost and found" pile when there was no way he could contact you. I'd do the same thing, too.

Contact info on a disc is the only hope you'll ever get a lost one back, and even then, chances are slim...

so i was playing a local course and since my buddy an i were the only ones on the course we took a smoke break. while we we were chillin i saw a group of people coming up to play and one of them had a disc that looked like mine. i said dude that is my wraith for sure, i know i lost it a year ago but i miss that one the most. i called out to the guy and said you got a 175 white star wraith? he said yep and just threw it to me. i was very happy to have my disc back after a long time.

then a month or so later at a different course a disc nearly took my head off and it to looked familiar. i went over and flipped the disc and saw that it was mine. this one pissed me off because it was stolen from me while i was not next to my bag. i said hey bro this is my disc and i am taking it back. go figure it was the same kid that had my wraith.

i was so pissed off, on my disc it always says Ben h. then phone number and USMC combat vet, please return.i even offer a 420 reward for my choice plastic. i know that serving the country will not get my disc back but i want people to know that i did my part to defend the rights of all people in this country so please do yours for me and just get the disc back to me. i texted the guy and he said that from then on he would call.

i was so pissed off, on my disc it always says Ben h. then phone number and USMC combat vet, please return.i even offer a 420 reward for my choice plastic. i know that serving the country will not get my disc back but i want people to know that i did my part to defend the rights of all people in this country so please do yours for me and just get the disc back to me. i texted the guy and he said that from then on he would call.

I havent thought of putting my vet status on there lol. But thats starting to give out a bit much of my info on plastic lol.

I always put 'instant Karma for returned discs' under my name/#. And I will indeed take care of anyone returning my discs, in one way or another.

so i was playing a local course and since my buddy an i were the only ones on the course we took a smoke break. while we we were chillin i saw a group of people coming up to play and one of them had a disc that looked like mine. i said dude that is my wraith for sure, i know i lost it a year ago but i miss that one the most. i called out to the guy and said you got a 175 white star wraith? he said yep and just threw it to me. i was very happy to have my disc back after a long time.

then a month or so later at a different course a disc nearly took my head off and it to looked familiar. i went over and flipped the disc and saw that it was mine. this one pissed me off because it was stolen from me while i was not next to my bag. i said hey bro this is my disc and i am taking it back. go figure it was the same kid that had my wraith.

im thinking about moving to NorCal and i hope some day i have the honor of finding your disc not only will i get it back to you but the 420 breaks on me , thanks for your service:)

Latest posts