• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Evo vs normal wizard

tmattoon

Bogey Member
I have one of the evo wizards that is like star and its shoulder or bevel seems like a different shape than all my other wizards. It's seems like it just keeps going up before flattening out. Are there any normal shaped evo wizards b/c the ones I picked up at the shop were all that same weird shape. Also are the champion evo wizards or the star evo wizards more overstable?

There is no champion or star plastic from Gateway as far as I know... There is Evo HPP which I've found is grippy and flexible, and newer runs of Evo plastic are stiffer and less grippy.

All of my Wizards are all the same mold... 2 Evo HPPs, 1 Evo, SS, RFF... All even fly basically the same.

The premium plastic isn't any more stable than a fresh SS or RFF iirc. It just stays stable longer due to Evo HPP being the best plastic ever.... :p You might feel they are more stable though.

It sounds like they warped in transit or something. Just get some straight from Gateway man. Cheaper sometimes.