• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ezra Aderhold PDGA #121715

Big time today.... 1100 rated round... and leading the tournament after two days.

Lead card tomorrow with McBeth, Eagle and Calvin. That is gonna be fun.

Ezra wasn't as consistent this weekend, but still finished 22nd. He looks primed for a strong season. His busmate had a pretty good tourney finishing second!

Ezra not having a good weekend in Belton. He is really struggling with his putts. Maybe it's just the wind.

To me and I'm no expert but from the coverage at Belton his putting routine seem rushed. Miot of his first round putts were only off by a inch.

It's hard to tell when he's rushing his putts because he's a quick player in general. He has a very aggressive putting style so his hot days are really hot and his cold days are really cold. Round 1 at Belton definitely looked like a glacier.

He's still fairly new to elite level play. It's been a roller coaster 1.5 years. It may take another year or two to see his mental and physical state come together more consistently.

Shoestrings putter went bye bye. You don't member dat?

good point, i moreso meant i couldn't remember one specific round where somebody who i would normally expect to make most everything inside 25 looked so bad. but as soon as you mentioned shoestrings it reminded me of a couple rounds in particular so you are probably doubly right

Eagle at Waco?

Eagle at Waco is what I was going to say as well. If you watch his vlogs he was recently rated as the best player in the world prior to that event, only to come out and shoot 990 for the fist two rounds which for him was terrible.

Putting wasn't as poor as Ezra who 3 putting a half dozen times though (estimate I wasn't counting). Looked like a loss of confidence and he was struggling.

It's a funny mental game how something like a ratings update probably got to Eagles head. Some extra pressure to prove he is the "best". It's so silly the mental game which has been I think a recent strength of Eagles.

Statiscally, Ezra was even the worst putter on his card during Round 1. Eza putted 50% C1X and Nikko putted 44% C1X.