• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite 150g disc

i can get my 150 gazelles out to 300-325 if i'm throwing for d, but realistically in a round i'm keeping them 275 consitently

About the same here with my Valk -- I can sometimes get it out 325'-350' with the right toss, but generally around 300'. I don't have much of a power arm, so this is far for me. :D

Garret

About the same here with my Valk -- I can sometimes get it out 325'-350' with the right toss, but generally around 300'. I don't have much of a power arm, so this is far for me. :D

Garret

same here i don't have a big arm at all.. i can push d on the fairway drivers, but my snap doesn't transfer over so i still have a weenie arm on anything faster than a 7..

Gratz on your 1001st post.

I just picked up a 11x 150 champ teebird and an 11x 150 champ eagle. I have never really thrown any 150 stuff and figured these would be the ones to try. Was I correct? Any suggestions on throwing them?

I just picked up a 11x 150 champ teebird and an 11x 150 champ eagle. I have never really thrown any 150 stuff and figured these would be the ones to try. Was I correct? Any suggestions on throwing them?

Good picks.
Throw them with smooth power and no OAtorque and you'll be fine.

If you don't like them you won't have a problem getting rid of them.

I have alot of 150 class discs, and I like most of them,
Champ Gazelles
11X Flat top Eagles
R-Pro Boss's
Star Valks
Dx Teerex, Destroyer and Beast

all good.

My personal favorite right now, is my new Westside VIP Northman, because I'm still figuring out all the cool things I can do with it, like dead straight downhill drives, and smooth as silk hyzer flips, its just keeps getting more fun to throw.
Even though my bag is getting kinda heavy with 17 discs, I cant take this thing out, I just keep reaching for it, so I think its the fav.

so far my favorite 150 disc is the Champ Banshee. light and fast but still overstable. also thrown 150 Teebird, Eagle X, and Valkyrie, but they fly with more risk of flipping. just got a 150 Champ Firebird, i have high expectations for that.

They're great for those standstill shots out of the woods and big D if the wind is at your back.

third throw with my gummy champ rancho roc and >DONG< i scored a 188' taco ace! stuck in the basket, the disc about 2/3 in 1/3 out, wedged firmly! full weight rocs wont do that.:eek:

5x Valkyrie would be my favorite I think.

I have a 144g old school Stingray (when there was only one kind of plastic).

I used it for tight, quick turn-overs and for rollers. I also let friends that are playing for the first time throw it to start. Fly's nice and straight for beginners.

150g Champion Leopard! If I had to play with just 1 disc my 150g Champion Leopard would be my disc of choice unless it was really windy.

Fair distance off the tee. Goes left or right. Great for trouble shots. Holds the chains. Best 150 out there imho.

Nice, everything said here is understandable and lots I share the same sentiment. I've also gotten some good ideas for discs to try. It's been a long road to find out what kind of discs (molds) I like and then hone in on weights for discs and then weights for discs as well.

One fifty discs are not easy to throw. They are tempermental in that if you are not throwing well, they will accentuate your poor form. I am just starting to understand that there is a term here, OAT you guys call it and now I will, OAT KILLS the 150g send, chops distance off like Lorena Bobbit.

But, the one fifty class is what I choose for driving.

The closer to the basket, the heavier my discs (approach and putt) get due to the precise nature of putting.

At one fifty, my favorite is a star sidewinder. It goes long and I am able to control how it finishes. In order after the sidewinder, I like the teebird, long and straight. The banshee is an amazing disc at one fifty (always looking for a white one) for shorter drives and it is also controlable how it finishes. The valkyrie is awesome but I throw it less and less as I understand the sidewinder and banshee.

Now I am working towards understanding the firebird and leopard...

Thanks for asking the question, I would have eventually.

I don't like light discs for putting. I want weight to combat all the things that work against a light disc (wind and technique).

This is now a favorite thread here...

The closer to the basket, the heavier my discs (approach and putt) get due to the precise nature of putting.

I don't like light discs for putting. I want weight to combat all the things that work against a light disc (wind and technique).

Amen

I have:
150 DX Destroyer
150 Star Teebird
150 Pro Teebird-L
150 ESP Ace Race (Hornet)
150 DX Leo
150 DX Shark
150 DX Aviar

I have a bag dedicated to my 150 class stuff. When I feel like my form is getting wonky, I'll pull that back out and play a few rounds with it. I also have a bag with nothing but 160 class, then my heavy bag (usually used on windy days)