• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Disc (Fairway - Quarterfinals)

Favorite Fairway Driver (Quarterfinals)

• Stalker

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • Gazelle

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Banshee

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Teebird

Votes: 93 36.6%
  • TL

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Leopard

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • XL

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Cheetah

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Blaze

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Eagle

Votes: 27 10.6%

• Total voters
TL for now until I get and try a Striker

Wow! The TeeBird caught it's second, third, and fourth wind all at once. I thought the Leopard might actually take the checkered flag.

gotta love the teebird!!..i just recently got my first one last week and i have already fallen in love with it...

I doubt it'll ever leave your bag. It's my oldest and most trusted disc. I even voted for it over my beloved Buzzz in your poll.

I would suggest you pick up a stack, though. I tried to replace it after overthrowing it into a pond (stupid wind) with a 12X (it was an 11X), and it didn't feel the same. I happened to find another 11X in the back of the rack that was in the weight range I throw. It doesn't come out if there's water two holes over now. :)

The 12X is starting to get there though after a few dozen hard thumbers to the ground.

I would go with the T-Bird or TL, but I like the Striker.

TL for now until I get and try a Striker

I recommend the striker. For some reason, I am more accurate with the T-Bird on forehand shots and more accurate with the striker on backhand shots. The TL goes a little further than the T-bird, but it doesn't have that self correcting fade of the T-bird. So here's my fairway drive breakdown.
TL for straight distance. (backhand or forehand)
T-Bird for accurate fairway drives. (mostly forehand but can be used backhand)
Striker for both short drives and fairway drives. (mostly backhand, sometimes forehand)

mines a shiny pink and it still looks brand spankin' new, i dont even throw it on holes with trees...i would hate to put it through the beating of using it as a thumber, but if it works then i might def have to try it out, if nothing else itll help the beat in process

It's my go-to thumber. I know most people prefer overstable discs for thumbers, but I use the TeeBird and Valk. It makes a nice barrel roll. If I want the barrel roll immediately, I throw it across my body. If I want it to barrel roll a little late, I throw it straight. I hit every landing zone I threw for at Idlewild this weekend with it.

Beyond that, if I throw it hard, I can turn it over just right. If I throw it softer, it'll fly dead straight and fade left gradually without skipping too much.

I really can't say enough good things about it. Don't worry about hitting trees if it's a champion. It'll only get better. The one I lost was both my driver and mid for a couple years while I was learning and hit tons of trees (TONS of trees :) ). When I lost it, it caught an air pocket and floated, mocking me. I chased that thing for almost two hours before it finally dropped under the water. :(

cant wait to go out and try it next time...might lay down some giant pillows for my landing area :)

its just i always wanna keep one disc in my bag that i just use for big field throws and its the only one ive got that isnt beat up right now...i guess that just gives me an excuse to add another to the bag...im really getting way too many discs!!

Don't forget to vote in all 4 polls.

A the end of tomorrow,I will be posting the top five from each round in the final poll.