• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Distance Driver

As much as I love both the Starfire and the TeeRex, they are going to be much more overstable. I agree with the SL mentioned above as that is supposed to be longer and straighter than the Starfire. I would also say that the Viking would be a good pick-up. I found that I really liked the Wraith but it is going to be different.

If you want to try something other than Innova, I would look at a Surge or Avenger from Discraft.

I am going to second the avenger and have to add it must be an ss

longer straighter teebird?
i vote for a crush, esp lil flippy, z very stable with lil fade

Guys, This is all great advice. Thank you very much for your input! I am leaning towards an Orc, but I'll give it a few more days and see if I change my mind!

my absolute longest distance driver is a well beat in 164 star wraith. look into it.

Pro Destroyer with more flavors to come, that disc rocks! Been using a Boss but the Destroyer gives me a nice right turn initially, then comes back left (RHBH), supersw33t for huge, open drives

DGA rogue, and my purple EPIC both hit the same 300-325 range for me, the rogue is quite a bit more tame though

If you are having luck with a teebird, try something like a valk or a beast (if you want innova). I dont know aobut discraft so, no help there ;)

I'm a big fan of the TL, Valkerie, and the Beast. I can get excellent distance with accuracy with them. I also throw a Flash pretty far as far as a Disraft option.

I just picked up a Champion Boss and I love it. Man that disc flys. The one downside is if it hits the ground at a fast speed it will skip pretty far.

I just picked up a Champion Boss and I love it. Man that disc flys. The one downside is if it hits the ground at a fast speed it will skip pretty far.

I love that it skips. I have had several ace chances from it skipping into, around the basket

hmm well since i dont have good distance yet i would say my favorite for bh is my viking and fh is my wraith

A beat DX Teebird will be longer than a Champ Teebird and at least as straight.

I'll also suggest the X Avenger or MOLF. The Valkyrie, Viking, Wildcat and XS are also great discs for this. I throw in about that distance range and haven't had great luck throwing anything faster than those discs any farther than a Teebird on anything resembling straight line.

my favorite d-driver is my r-pro boss. i think its a 161g. i throw it RHFH. my RHBH sucks. still working on it. i have not broke the 300ft mark yet. i'm still new to the game and throwing about 250-260ish