• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Putter and Why?

KanyeKnievel

Par Member
Whats your favorite putter, and why?
I think the top of the line putters are all gateway so im expecting a lot of gateways and aviars here.

My Favorite putter, which I just got is the Super Stupid Soft Voodoo. I Love the fact of how much speed it has, a long with it super stablity making it go straight as can be. Im still new to putting with it, everytime I putt with it, I either make it or hit the rim or the pole. Which means its very accurate, compared to what I was throwing before the DX Rhyno and Pro Pig.

So I love the Voodoo, it has everything I wanted in a putter, just need to learn to throw it a LITTLE better. Also the voodoo has enough speed to be able to be used as my midrange as well, which is a very nice plus to it.

My second favorite is the Champion Aviar.

Last edited:
I own almost every putter on the market.

I am all about the Magic recently.
So glidey, so neutral, so finessable. It is a shorter version of my beloved Comets.
I used to use APXs for this role but the Magic outperforms for me.

I pair my Magics with the Rhyno. It picks up where the Magic falls off. The Rhyno is the Yin to my Magic's Yang.

Honorable mention to the boring ol' Aviar P&A; great disc for my style of play.

pro/star rhyno. the star for approaches and the pro for inside 50'. i just like the way they feel and you can really put a lot of power into one. it was the first putter i ever used, and i've tried a lot since that just don't give me the same results. also great in the wind.

wizard! I can drive decent with it, can hit several lines, and it feels great in my hand. ( I have a SSS, but its still not floppy, but its very grippy)

Rhyno (floppy pro) -- great for wind and has one of the most predictable fades of any disc in my bag. spike hyzer shots that can be 100 ft in the air and "flop and stick", as I like to call it. Grabs chains like no other. Super tacky.

... and yes...she has a name...........

16848-simon_game.jpg

minus the dials and black out the center. and fade the colors a bit, but that's it

I push putt so the bead rests in the crease of my index. The challenger fits perfect for my hands and I like it's stability. My favorite aspect isn't even the putt, it's the approach.

I don't have a favorite putter, but I like the JK Aviar for driving with, my beat up Aviar P&A for approaches, and I use my Magic just for putting.

I also like the Ion, but it doesn't do much that my other putters can't do, so it doesn't make the bag often. However, it does seem to be the best disc for downhill holes. I usually carry it just for that.

I have three putters and all are my favorites, in different situations.

For calm days, it's my 146g Wham-O 86 Softie.
For moderate days, it's my 175g Supersoft Omega (old plastic).
For heavy wind days it's my 178g Ion Proton.

My least favorite is my 140g Gopher. The damn thing is so stiff it bounces off the chains. Good for layups, though.

I'm into the Vibram VP or Ridge (depending on the wind) these days.

I like the pro Pig too. I threw Rhynos for a while... I like them, but the Pig is better suited to my style.

For years I threw the Omega SS... great putter, but I am into overstable putters now.

I have a Magic SSS (Eraser plastic) that I like when it's dead calm. It's the straightest putter I've ever thrown.

Gateway Magic. I have Soft, Super Soft, Organic, and Glow. Hands down the best putter I have ever used. The name says it all.. it's simply magic. I also use a SS Wizard for short drives and approach shots, and putting on windy days. I'm also a big fan of the bead-less champion aviars, but haven't used one in a long time due to my love for the magics.

Gateway SSS magic is my main putter. LOVE IT!!!......well, them. Simon just has sentimental value way beyond my magics.

Any Pig... but I usually pick a pro Pig...

Throws great as a driver... can be easily shaped to wind through the trees if needed
Has a nice beefy rim that is easy to grip
Faster than a Rhyno (my 2nd fav)

Latest posts