• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Favorite Putting Putter?

Which Putter Do you use?

• Ion

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • Aviar

Votes: 46 28.9%
  • Anode

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • Judge

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • Challenger

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Wizard

Votes: 47 29.6%
  • Omega SS

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Magnet

Votes: 11 6.9%

• Total voters
Wow. Just looked at the rim depth of the Wizard - 1.8 cm. I bet it would work great as a soup bowl too. The rim depth of the Aviars are 1.5 cm and those feel very deep in my hand already. Drivers usually have around 1.2.
That's why I have a terribly hard time throwing them for anything other than putts. I prefer Rhynos, 1.3 cm depth/rim height.

I hated deep-rimmed putters until I started throwing Wizards. I don't know what it is, but they just work.

I've settled in on the Judge. It's the only non Innova/DC disc I use these days.

I throw mc pros, darts, and p3's for different situations. If it is really windy I might carry a rhyno or two as well. I have thrown r pro darts for the longest time for almost all putts and even mid shots, but I can't find any I like any more. They get warped after a while and feel like a melted lump or something.

As a putting putter, I've been using Anodes for two years now. I will use a Wizard or Pig if the wind is up, but I never feel as confident with them as I do with the Anode.

Challenger love! Although I have been trying my Ion for putting duties and the Challenger feels like a beach frisbee after using it. Two great discs, though, both fit for slamming chains. Only time will tell who comes out on top...

Forgot to actually vote. Made some narsty headwind putts today with the wizard. :). the flatter ones putt so wonderfully. They all putt wonderfully. There is only one wizard I don't like, and that is the one I have hard like a dinner plate.

Edit - the anode is the tits, too. My wizards still havent put the nail in that thing's coffin yet. Soon, once the wizard cycle is complete. And pure is good too.

Last edited:
Forgot to actually vote. Made some narsty headwind putts today with the wizard. :).
Edit - the anode is the tits, too.
What's the weather like out there? It's been pretty cold here so I can only imagine what Minnesota is getting.

Also I swear my friend started callings things "the tits" in high school, so I have always been mind-boggled when I see people say it. I don't know if he got it from somewhere else but it certainly has made its way into the vernacular.

I pick a driving putter and just putt with that. So I putt with Wizards. If I was going to pick a putter just based on how it feels putting I'd putt with Warlocks.

What's the weather like out there? It's been pretty cold here so I can only imagine what Minnesota is getting.

Also I swear my friend started callings things "the tits" in high school, so I have always been mind-boggled when I see people say it. I don't know if he got it from somewhere else but it certainly has made its way into the vernacular.

It's because they are so great. :D

The weather is consistently below 35 here, and winds are extremely gusty. To the point where a zone might be a viable putting option on some holes. My force can barely hold up in the winds. Definitely not the tits.

Putting is by far my weakest part of my game, granted I just started playing in July of this year, but I've gone through quite a few putters to find what is most comfortable for me. My first putters were an Pro Aviar, and and R-Pro Pig. I went through about a month of using a couple different Darts in different plastics, and now I've been using Rattlers as my main in-the-circle putter.

I am going to give a Wizard a chance soon because I hear great things.

I plan on keeping my Pig in the bag because I know exactly how it flies and it's a great wind approach disc. I use Classic Roc's as my distance putter (30-50 ft) and I have more confidence in that disc than any other approach in my bag. I really like the Rattlers right now though, just because I have big hands and it just feels right.

However, I suck at putting- I know it's not the discs, I just need to practice.

I keep 4 putters in my bag a old beat up floppy aviar a yeti those are the ones I putt with I have a wizard and a challenger for my approaches that floppy aviar treats me right

Tried the Aviar once, just didn't feel right in the hand. Tried the Wizard for a few months, had the right feel just couldn't get consistent with it. Went through a bunch of others that either didn't feel right or just didn't fly well for me: Challenger, Birdie, Banger GT, Magic. Settled on the Anode, you can easily find consistent copies, holds whatever line you put it on. IMO the most underrated putter out there.

Latest posts