• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite short courses

Similar thread from early 2012:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54759

48 courses mentioned.

6 of them under 200 ft/hole in the LONGEST config:
3.68 172 Horning's Highland
3.68 85 Tiki
3.21 126 Santa Anita
3.04 176 Campton Hills
2.55 186 Winton Woods
2.31 117 Chestnut Grove

24 under 250 ft/hole in the LONGEST config:
4.07 249 Glenn C Hilton
3.94 238 Beauty
3.90 211 Redbone
3.88 230 Rosedale Down Under
3.76 236 Sertoma
3.75 215 Cedar Creek East
3.71 216 Vollrath
3.70 237 Corbin
3.67 231 Golden Hills
3.60 244 Alimagnet
3.60 237 Woodland Greens
3.60 204 Ridgeline
3.59 238 Timmons
3.39 233 Lamb's Creek
3.29 221 Honey Bear
3.24 215 Bailey Rd
3.15 245 Elon Eager Beaver
2.94 245 Trails
2.86 231 Log Lake
2.65 220 Pohick Bay
2.59 243 Summit
2.53 247 Woodland Mound
2.22 220 Davidson
1.90 227 Dorton

Also mentioned but not meeting the criteria of the thread:
18 at or over 250/hole in the LONGEST config:
Phantom Falls
Sandy Point
Lorch Coyote
Warrior's Path
Armco White
Earlewood
Reedy Creek
Wellspring
Sedgley
Bear Branch
Richlands-Steed
North Asheboro
Miramar
Will Rogers
Sportsmans Hill
Togbimbee #1
Hudson Mills Orig
Brickyard

Just played 2 new short courses that I really like. One is Redbone in Vicksburg Ms. Private homemade 9 hole course. Very short with lots of elevation change and water in play a little. The other was Hideaway park in Ruston,LA. 18 short holes with lots of trees and some elevation. Both courses had a high fun factor for me.

For me it is The Schu (Shumaker pond/park)....I know I have not played many courses to compare it against, but next to the beach it is my most favorite place on earth!

Lincoln Park in Massillon, OHIO is only 5,128 feet and is a very fun par 3 park-style course. Very well designed given the small area of land used.

For me personally, an 18 hole course starts feeling short under 5,000', but with the OP's definition I can see Lincoln Park.

Acadiana Park's Ace Run course is the one that immediately jumped to mind - even under 4200' from the shorts (longs are hard-to-find natural tees that don't add much) it's surprisingly technical and varied. Very fun round.

As Mando mentioned, Blue Angel Park's Palmetto course is another nice short course, especially if played from the longs (4900').

Special mention to The Yellow Course in Moundsville, WV. It's not very high on my course rankings list, but it's a pretty fun course relative to being 2,909' on pretty open terrain.

Top five (since pretty much everything I've played makes it under the 5500 feet requirement)

• Peaks View Park: This is where I learned to play. Just shot my two best rounds there a week ago (-7 and -8). Pretty easy for experienced players, but great for beginners.
  • Reedy Creek: My first Carolina course. Had a blast even though I played terribly -- looking forward to a return trip next summer.
  • Armco White: My home course. Short but tight, and pretty unforgiving in spots, especially with the OB.
  • Pike Lake: Along with Paint Creek, half of the best 1-2 punch in Ohio (IMnsHO). Challenging, great use of elevation.
  • Paint Creek: Great mix of open and tight holes. With Pike Lake, enough to make me want to go camping.

I partial to Cumberland Green DGC in Fountain, CO. For one, it's right by my house. For two, even though it's short, it does have a few tricky holes. It's easy for a begginer to shoot par or even under if they play the "long" holes smart. But it's also easy to go over par as well.

Plus it only takes me about 30 minutes to play 18 holes.

Sandy Point from the shorts
Woodland Greens (Highbridge)
Marie Krause is a really tough 9 holer that feels long, but isn't
Rollin' Ridge from the shorts is pretty fun

Timmons in Greenville, SC. Hands down my favorite short course. At 4288 feet (238 average per hole) this is the epitome of a short course.

On a side note, why do we have dueling 'favorite short course' threads going on right now?

They don't have the hole lengths listed, but I'd have to say Sage Creek in Memphis, MI is my hands-down favorite short course. Tons of elevation changes, water hazards and trees to make things interesting and fun.

Sage Creek Disc Golf Scene rating/reviews

Sage Creek DGCR rating/reviews

SageCreekHole1_zpsd6395a72.jpg

Latest posts