• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Understable Mid

Besides being absolute crap as far as plastic, the InStep Saturn Midrange is pretty darn understable. It's one of the crap discs that come with the InStep baskets. I really, really like the thing, but if you think DX plastic beats up quickly you've never seen this thing.

I don't really agree with all the people saying stingray, because I have a san marino dx stingray, and it takes a good amount of spin/speed to start turning right. It is a driver afterall.
From what I gather, the OP was not talking about as much distance as the stingray's range, although I could be totally wrong.

Secondly, I do agree with a champ panther, and yes they are pretty understable, much more than a stingray to me, if just compare speeds. Panther is lower speed and will hyzer flip to flat to right.

I also think a r pro dart is great for this shot too.

Depends on what distance you are trying to cover going straight first, before you want the turn to kick in.

I don't really agree with all the people saying stingray, because I have a san marino dx stingray, and it takes a good amount of spin/speed to start turning right. It is a driver afterall.
From what I gather, the OP was not talking about as much distance as the stingray's range, although I could be totally wrong.

Secondly, I do agree with a champ panther, and yes they are pretty understable, much more than a stingray to me, if just compare speeds. Panther is lower speed and will hyzer flip to flat to right.

I also think a r pro dart is great for this shot too.

Depends on what distance you are trying to cover going straight first, before you want the turn to kick in.

I absolutely disagree with you on the stingray. A dx string ray is pretty under stable. And a beat dx is just too much fun. I have a few stingrays and bad a dx as well as a star. My dx released with hyzer goes 200 and makes a very hard right turn. Released flat its almost like a boomerang. My star is my favorite disc. Sneaky long and so easy to throw. Little turn no fade. Just love it.

stingray

Yea but how hard are you throwing that stingray?
I can see the star being that way, since I used to have one. But my current dx is still pretty stable. Maybe it just needs more tree treatment.
My dx stingray definitely will turn, but that's only after it travels 200ft like you said, which is a pretty far ways.

I guess I'm just not sure how far the OP wanted it to go before turning.
I assumed he wanted the turn to kick in way before 200ft distance traveled.

I absolutely disagree with you on the stingray. A dx string ray is pretty under stable. And a beat dx is just too much fun. I have a few stingrays and bad a dx as well as a star. My dx released with hyzer goes 200 and makes a very hard right turn. Released flat its almost like a boomerang. My star is my favorite disc. Sneaky long and so easy to throw. Little turn no fade. Just love it.

Fuse_Opto_Line_Standard.jpg

Tursas or a champ panther. Champ panther is really nice for get out of trouble shots in the woods.

i think flying squirrels are really underrated. they are very easy to turnover and have tons of glide.

Just bought a Dx Stingray. I can't keep it in the air with any power at all. Makes my Meteor seem like a Flick. Hope to try it tomorrow on a problem hole with a sharp right turn.

I'm digging my Prodigy M4 as my understable mid. It's probbaly more stable than under-stable, but it holds the nice anny line, even if its just a very slight anny line, so it works in my understable slot.

My M4 is fairly stable I think, I got it because I was hoping it flew like a Roc and it does for me right now. My home course has a lot or right turns and I realized that I didn't have anything US in the bag. I just picked up a Tursas for an understable mid so I will see how I like that.

i think flying squirrels are really underrated. they are very easy to turnover and have tons of glide.

I agree...when I first threw a Tursas, my initial thought was "this is just a Flying Squirrel " which is not a knock on the Tursas at all.

I only carry one understable mid (and I don't even use it that much) which is the MVP Tangent. Someone on here will, I'm sure, protest that, but this thing is great. Shorter than the Vector and Axis, and super versatile. It will go straight with just a casual spin, it will hyzer-flip with ease, and it will go right with a bit of fade at the end ahem powered op and thrown flat. Does annys just as well as anything g more understable.

Great disc, and I suggest anyone try it.

although no longer in the bag thanks to tangent time the fuse IMO is the king of understable discs. It holds hyzers, anhyzers, easy to flip, long glidey turn-overs, not useless flippy, and premium plastic options with the sickest designs in GL.

I agree...when I first threw a Tursas, my initial thought was "this is just a Flying Squirrel " which is not a knock on the Tursas at all.

I only carry one understable mid (and I don't even use it that much) which is the MVP Tangent. Someone on here will, I'm sure, protest that, but this thing is great. Shorter than the Vector and Axis, and super versatile. It will go straight with just a casual spin, it will hyzer-flip with ease, and it will go right with a bit of fade at the end ahem powered op and thrown flat. Does annys just as well as anything g more understable.

Great disc, and I suggest anyone try it.

For me it was basically between the Tursas and the Flying Squirrel. I grabbed the Tursas because at least according to the chart it was a little slower and had more glide....I think it was cheaper too lol

The main knock on my axis has been that i cant get it to hyzer flip well, gonna have to try a tangent.

Axis takes a lot to flip up when newer IMO and surprised me a lot when I first started throwing it how much more stable it was than expected. You will love a tangent for hyzer flips specially in the low 170g weight range. Much easier to flip and turn-over but not flippy. Axis is more of a stable midrange IMO than understable.

Latest posts