• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorites-one per state

Mando

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
OK, how about sharing your favorite course list... with the catch being you can choose only one per state. I'm especially interested in seeing how OH and PA come out.

TN: Warriors Path
OH: Roscoe Ewing
MD:Seneca
FL:Tuscawilla
GA:Tom Pooler
PA:Moraine
SC:Timmons

In Ohio it have to be Arboretum-Spiker
Pennsylvania would be Tyler State Park
Virginia would have to be Bryan. Dorey would be the choice if it was better maintained.
Washington State is hands down Downriver in Spokane
New Jersey is Campgaw Reservation
North Carolina is Nornet's Nest

PA- Knob Hill (haven't played Moraine, Nockamixon, or new version of Tyler)
NY- Ellison (haven't played Warwick)
DE- Lums (haven't played Iron Hill)
MD- Patapsco (haven't played new Seneca)
VA- Hawk Hollow
NC- Buckhorn
GA- Redan
SC- Earlewood
MI- Cass Benton (haven't played Flip City)
WV- Woodshed
TN- Warriors Path
KY- Keriakes
FL- Floral City (have only played 3 down there)
NV- Sunset (have only played in Vegas)

Solid courses so far.
I think we could see alot of different courses in the running for several states including;
NC
VA
PA
OH
GA
FL

OH - Brent Hambrick Mem.
Fl - Cliff Stevens
GA - Steady Ed Headrick Mem.
AZ - Arizona Snowbowl
CA - Coyote Point, as I said above.
AL - University of South Alabama, only played two courses here, so i guess this is my fav. out of 2.

check out white bank

In Ohio it have to be Arboretum-Spiker
Pennsylvania would be Tyler State Park
Virginia would have to be Bryan. Dorey would be the choice if it was better maintained.
Washington State is hands down Downriver in Spokane
New Jersey is Campgaw Reservation
North Carolina is Nornet's Nest

you need to check out white bank in colonial heights, I has been called a mix of bryan and dorey, and I do my best to keep it in order. Also like that you have played emery and henry, way to make the drive.

Last edited:
I have played multiple courses in PA, NJ and Delaware and consider myself actually qualified to speak for these states.
Delaware-is tough between Iron Hill- most difficult challenge course and Brandywine most fun challenge....I lean towards Brandywine for the fun factor
New Jersey-is a three horse race between South Vineland, Campgaw and Field of Dreams...this one is the toughest for me because all three offer truly different experiences...I would take Field of Dreams due to the exhilerating undulating woods holes and by far the best tee pads of the 3.
Pennsylvania is a true battleground state and I have played everything this state has to offer as far as top notch disc golf.....I have to give the edge to Deer Lakes...just a perfect combination of fun, challenge, beauty, huge tees, well maintained and unique golf shots. Nocky, Morraine, Prompton, Tyler, Pymatuning, 7 Springs, Quakers Challenge, Jordan, IUP Lodge, French Creek, Whispering Falls My God I am spoiled to live in this State. Even the second tier in PA is top notch. Places like Akron, Sedgely, Knob Hill, Quaker Woods, Little Lehigh, Tinicum, Gallitzin, Unami, and Codorus would turn heads elsewhere.
MY easy List
PA-Deer Lakes
NJ-Field of Dreams
DE-Brandywine
NY-Warwick Brakewell Steele including the nearby Wolfe Woods
WV-Paw Paw
I have to tackle MD this summer and should see more of NY

I really would love to hear from people who repesent and have played everything in these states
NC- so many Renny fans but that High Country Course looks amazing
Mich-seems that many michiganers seem to think the state has more to offer than just Flip
Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, all look amazing and underrepresented
CA-seems that there are just a few primo courses there Parque, Dela, Coyote, and Golden Gate...there must be more to offer in this huge state.
Oregon/Wash-is it really that amazing?
I think this is an interesting thread I hope it has legs!

Of 37 courses in 4 states and 2 countries ...

MD Rockburn
PA Whispering Falls
TN Groves Park
VA Signal View
UK Quarry Park

Washington: Lakewood DGC in Seattle
Oregon: Milo Mciver state park in Estacada
Idaho: North Star DGC in Athol

Washington has about 8-10 courses that are beautiful and worth driving too.
Oregon has wonderful courses, so beautiful with the scenery and many along rivers, well worth it.
I've only played maybe five courses in Idaho but I like what I see so far.

Last edited:
i'm hitting the road at the end of the month to finish off NJ, CT, and RI and pick up a couple more NY, and PA courses so those might change. As it stand now i've finished DE, VA, and all but one course in MD so totally feel qualified to speak on them, but again it's bias to the players likes and what they have played. If your looking for other criteria then the lists might change a bit. So my list

CA - Morley Field
CT - Cranbury Park
DE - Brandywine Creek State Park
FL - Gordon Barnett Park - Parkside
MD - Darnestown Swim & Racquet Club
NJ - South Vineland Park
NY - Prospect Park
NC - Kentwood
VA - Pharaoh's Tomb @ White Bank Park

After writing that I sure need to play more in some states. This thread will really show everyones personal tastes.

KY: Idlewild
IN: FunFarm
MO: Jefferson Barracks

Okay, so Fun Farm is the only Indiana course I've played, but it is a good course. Hoping to hit Mesker Park, Buffalo Trace, and Gary Cavan very soon. I've played 2 courses in Missouri, one was a nice little 9-hole course (Jokerst Memorial), but Jefferson Barracks was a great course.

you stopped short

MD Rockburn
PA Whispering Falls
TN Groves Park
VA Signal View
UK Quarry Park

Nice choice for VA a quality 9 holes might be the best is I think on it, but looks like you stop to soon in dublin you should have made it down to emery and henry.

After a very small sample, I have to agree with what you are saying about PA. It may just have more top-notch (favorite-worthy) courses than any other state. We were rained out on the front nine of Deer Lakes, but from what I saw, I liked Moraine better. Add in Knob Hill and that's tremendous quality in a small area.
We really don't have those kind of big,sprawling courses in NC aside from Renny and Hornets Nest.

NC is going to have folks in many different camps;
Renny
Hornets Nest
Richmond Hill
High Country
Buckhorn
Valley Springs
Since Cedar Rock and Wellspring are in the same park-that's 36 quality holes right there.

1 KY Idlewild
2 GA Tom Tripplet
3 MD Seneca
4 OH Englewood
5 SC Edisto Gardens

I like this concept. Keeps people away from just listing their local favorites.

Optidiscic, when you hit Maryland you have to hit Druid Hill, Patapsco, and Rockburn as well as Seneca. That's a lot of good stuff in a small area. Calvert right by U of M is cool too (old school) and Dog Fish Head Tavern by Seneca makes a great lunch & beer(s).

Latest posts