• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Figuring out the dye process

Another one I did a while ago. While dying the bottom rim I forgot to turn the temperature down. And when it got too hot the pressure release made the dye splatter. It's a star leopard.

105zjah.jpg

A S-PD. Finally got around to putting a dye on my secret santa disc. The freak stamp is a bugger to get off. Some lines around the middle and the side of one of the points are the stamp. not bleeds.

2zfsxaq.jpg

I finally got around to getting a couple more done. This one is purely an experiment. Will be doing some more of these. I learned a lot with this one.

zv4wh1.jpg

I dyed some discs for a local tournament set up on a temporary course at a farm. These are some discs I dyed for the winners of each division. The artwork was drawn by a local and then I cut them out and put them on the discs.

Star Vulcan
3327b4o.jpg

Gold Line Pain
v7zb74.jpg

Gold Line Core
2prv1np.jpg

Gold Line Fuse
295z6fr.jpg

Star Spider
la0c6.jpg

Star Leopard
2n8x05k.jpg

I love the disc golf cartoons.... I might just bum those and make a collage of cool pictures for my desktop.

Right now my wallpaper is a picture from a local course, always gets complimented here at work.

A couple commissioned dyes I just finished.

Cal Poly dye on a Star Katana. I wish I had done a quick dip in dark green to darken up the green a little.
dwv42.jpg

and a Sons of Anarchy dye on a star TL. Can't tell you how much I hated doing this dye. Started with a low quality picture. Plus missed a few spots while weeding. Everything about this dye sucked. Except the finished product looks pretty good.
9u15eh.jpg

Did a couple using Dan's shaving cream method.
Star x-cal
2435a50.jpg

Star mako for a local who goes into the swamp and river regularly and pulls out everyone's discs.
2r39ky9.jpg