• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fine. I'll do it. HoD: 12.27.2010

bcr123psu

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hyzer Pines at S.O.A.R. in Sisters, OR

Hole #17

Short: 355'
Long: 423'

Par 3...I'm assuming...

Tee (blue is short, red is long):

b848ef8f.jpg

Approach:

hole-17-approach.jpg

Basket to Tee:

hole-17-basket.jpg

Course Map:
2b8cb1a5.jpg

Lots of good stuff available on this site (I'm planning on nabbing a lot of these photos and adding them here):

http://www.bullseyediscgolf.com/or-courses/hyzer-pines/hyzer-pines.html

Looks like the red is the short one. Regardless, gazelle for the shorter one, wraith for the longer.

Short: Star Wraith/ESP Surge to the right on a slight hyzer release. Probably an Aviar (DX or Star) for the approach/putt.

Long: Star Valkyrie flipped so that it starts its HSS turn past that row of guardian trees, but finishing in line with the basket.

Reality: First throw: whack (dammit), second throw: whack (dammit), third throw: whack (dammit), repeat until I three-putt.

Reality: First throw: whack (dammit), second throw: whack (dammit), third throw: whack (dammit), repeat until I three-putt.

Id prob do that too. So here are the discs that i would do it with
Blue- Champ Teebird
Red-Champ Orc

Short: newish Eagle or PD, should fade and drop by the basket
Long: depends how tight, but either an Eagle-L or beat-in PD, depending on how much fade I can get away with

Short (assuming it's the blue; if not reverse my post): ESP Buzzz straight at the basket, approach with either an Aviar or Buzzz again depending on where my drive lands, putt hopefully for a 3.

Long: ESP Surge high and to the right on the same line as the Buzzz, and let it fade back in. Approach with Aviar or Buzzz, again depending on landing of drive. Putt.

Orc on the short, and Katana on the long. Both thrown fairly flat to the right, allowing a late fade in towards the basket (if i get that far without hitting some trees)

thanks for posting this, I was waiting it out...

I would probably throw a wraith on both on the right side and let it fade back toward the basket.

Latest posts