• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finnish putting game

Second round went down to a 493- but- played a little different. For every putt I missed I took a drink, of 8.5% IPA. Don't think it helped my putting, but it was fun.

Side note- I realized I putt better with no pants.

Second round went down to a 493- but- played a little different. For every putt I missed I took a drink, of 8.5% IPA. Don't think it helped my putting, but it was fun.

Side note- I realized I putt better with no pants.

:sick: :hfive: :sick:

Which web app? In case of jyly.altervista.org I'd really like to know what, how, why and when? Any updates - where? Could this be residuals from the datastructure update - was this the first time for you using the app with the score strings showing in the stats?

It was the jly one, whenever I close my safari browser I lose the stored data. I think my settings are set to clear all data each time.

It was the jly one, whenever I close my safari browser I lose the stored data. I think my settings are set to clear all data each time.
In that case it makes sense, since the app uses localstorage which is indeed part of the browser's local data. Sorry for the rather aggressive initial response on my side - just want to make sure the app works cross-platform.

I have no experience in the Apple side of things but quick search gave me the impression that in safari's privacy options the option for clearing cookies is bundled together with the clearing of data. And that kind of sucks to be honest. Removal of cookies makes sense but local data... ehh, not so much.

I assigned my friend to test this also on his iphone.

It's no problem, I'll just transfer to the excel when I'm back in the office. Didn't read your post as aggressive thanks for looking into it, I am generally in awe of all you guys and how quickly you have managed to put these things together!

So to keep my stats on this app I should NOT clear data for Safari?
That is correct. The webapp uses localstorage to save data, which is tied to the app it is used in. Since the webapp is simply a webpage, it's Safari's localstorage where the database is saved. That is basically the only persistent place one can save data in javascript. If you clead the Safari app data, the localstorage is gone. Cache and cookies are safe to be deleted, but app data is usually meant to stick around. At least for Android app manager you can clear them separately.

And the same applies to all webapps built around html/js. Javascript is meant to access browser localstorage and nothing beyond that.

The native android app I built is a bit different. Since the app is run separately from web browser, it get's an app-specific data storage.

And the same applies to all webapps built around html/js. Javascript is meant to access browser localstorage and nothing beyond that.

The native android app I built is a bit different. Since the app is run separately from web browser, it get's an app-specific data storage.

Yeah this would trash my little app too! imho you shouldnt delete your web data and cookies. There is no good reason to do this (except hiding your late night browsing from the other half!)

I played 10 times yesterday. (!) A bit obsessed.

505 avg. 529 best. This 525 area feels like a plateau of sorts. I feel like getting to 600 is going to take some serious improvement in consistency from 9-10 m, where I'm 55% and 44%.

Hi jly, do you have a drillstats sheet for the excel orbital bombing?

Orbital bombing is hard!! the wind really gets involved out past 10 meters, nasty little tailwind today just kept dropping putts that felt good onto the basket. 225 as a first attempt. It ramps up pressure on the 10 meter putts, in the shorter form they feel like nice extra pointers and I am averaging 67% (better than 8 and 9 meters...), in the orbital bombing first go I was at 29% as it felt like they were the only station i was going to make points at so started stabbing putts at them instead of flowing.

Out beyond 11 I am having to move away from a straddle putt to a staggered as well which changes things up nicely for me.

My putting course

2015_%2525203_21_14_22.jpg

What is Orbital Bombing? I can't seem to find where it is first referenced.
In the original spreadsheet there's a sheet called Orbital bombing, which basically is the same game from distances 10-15 meters. In jyly webapp it's called long mode. Just tap the button saying mode:normal to flip it.

Yes slightly. Not too much, but enough to make it different. I have some extra bricks laying around, and I'm thinking of burying them flush with the ground as permanent meter markers.