• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First ace?

I've been playing three years, and have only one "Ace," one that I don't really count as the hole was 100'. Still a neat feeling, but I don't feel that it's a real Ace with that short distance. Riverside Park in Merrill, Wisconsin with a Shark. Still waiting for the first real one.

I've been playing three years, and have only one "Ace," one that I don't really count as the hole was 100'. Still a neat feeling, but I don't feel that it's a real Ace with that short distance. Riverside Park in Merrill, Wisconsin with a Shark. Still waiting for the first real one.

BAH! Tee to pin, first attempt...it's and ace! BTW, you don't think ball golfers go...Oh it was only a 95 yard par 3, so I won't count it.

Dude, brother, an ace is an ace no matter what the place.
Just love it!

I hear stuff like this about aces alot. I makes me wonder how many aces are really not very good shots that just get lucky. I mean doyou really want you disc coming in chain high from 300' out? Most of the time you won't hit chain and will have a long duece putt.

Brilliant brilliant. These are my thoughts exactly.

The times I have hit chains I KNOW that if it would have missed it would be another 100ft away. An ace is killer, but give me consistency and parking a floater within 10ft of the hole every time.

Great to read about so much chain raping! Yeah, the short ones count too! My shortest one was my prettiest. 170' hole 4 @ Honey Bear in Peru with a medium wizard that was on the chains as soon as I released it. I didn't get my first until a year into serious playing, #6 East Swinney w/ monster, but I've managed to rack up 13 with some out of state. My first was a blind rhfh shot that just thunked in the basket (no chains necessary), I didn't even know until I walked up on it. Luckily, I had a 24oz Heineken w/ me and celebrated immediately.

BAH! Tee to pin, first attempt...it's and ace! BTW, you don't think ball golfers go...Oh it was only a 95 yard par 3, so I won't count it.

Dude, brother, an ace is an ace no matter what the place.
Just love it!

Thanks, Don, and magic, too - maybe I'll start counting it. I can't wait for the 300' ace - I have dreams about it (no kidding).

My first (and only) Ace in 12 years of playing was about 3 years ago, Sharp Springs, Smyrna, TN- hole #9. It is a sweet hole over a large sink hole full of water where the basket is set in among a rock formation on the other side.

I am a high school teacher and I encourage my students to play DG as well. Well that day 4 of them were at the park and joined me. I pulled out a JLS 1.6, threw a dart over the water and the rock wall and in it went. The kids went bananas (so did I). They thought I was so awesome!

A couple days later I got to the same hole and pulled out the same disc, nailed a tree, and into the drink it went. I searched for it for hours over a span of 2 days, but never did find it. I now know that many people have the others present sign the disc and it gets retired to a trophy wall, but I was of the mindset of "it went it last time, why not try it again!!!" Oh well, makes for a good story I guess. :)

Sylmar Hole 7 (old course) 10-24-2002
Had been playing 53 days.
Now I have 11.
DSCJNKY

I have not yet aced... ther are a few hole in William Cameron Park that I've come close to aceing but this isn't horseshoes or hand grenades.... I'm still throwing and hoping for one.... one of these days

my first and only ace to date was at a course that is now closed.

may 26th, 2007.
otter creek park.
Hole #17, 290ft.
star teerex.

been only playing in southern oregon for the last year. still not good enough to drop one in. had a few that came pretty close. we and my friends are all still waiting to watch or hear one

I've been playing around 5 years and don't have one. :(

It sounds bad but this kind of makes me feel better. I've been at it for a year and a half & still have nothing. Hit chain twice but no go.

What pisses me off the most is when people who don't put in the time and DON"T even have their own discs, get an ace. Bastards! Lucky Bastards!

MONDO

I've only been playing for almost 2 years...and though I've had three aces, I would would much rather be consistent. Yes an ace is one of the best feelings in the world(comparable to sex), but I've only scored an even round on a 12 hole course once. Most of my rounds I am over par by a lot, so I consider myself lucky to have made even one ace. I'm not complaining but those who haven't had there moment yet, I'm sure it's coming. Disc on my friends and may the disc luck be with you....

First and only ace for me came after about 5 months of throwing. Was playing around with the forehand shot, and got really lucky with it. Hole number 8 at Big Mine, sailed in a perfect arc and *ching* Jumped about 6 feet off the ground, had all my friends sign it and then retired it. 160-ish DX Orc.

Ace number one finally happened for me today, and with plenty of witnesses. I throw forehand always off the tee, but last night decided to start working on my backhand, something magical happened and all of a sudden I could accurately backhand drive somehow. today I take my newfound skill and decided practicing would be good playing rounds throwing almost entirely backhand. Sure enough my last round of the day right before I have to leave for work I get a perfect dead center no questions about it ace on a 241' hole. Ive got a fever, and it feels like I should definetely be able to repeat the shot. I thought I was addicted to disc golf before, now this is just gonna be ridiculous

Ace number one finally happened for me today, and with plenty of witnesses. I throw forehand always off the tee, but last night decided to start working on my backhand, something magical happened and all of a sudden I could accurately backhand drive somehow. today I take my newfound skill and decided practicing would be good playing rounds throwing almost entirely backhand. Sure enough my last round of the day right before I have to leave for work I get a perfect dead center no questions about it ace on a 241' hole. Ive got a fever, and it feels like I should definetely be able to repeat the shot. I thought I was addicted to disc golf before, now this is just gonna be ridiculous

Run with it:)

Raintree Park in Troy, MI
Hole #7, 257ft RHBH
8-1-1989
Innova XD i think.....

e48a2013.jpg

Might as well make this my first post on these boards.

My first ace was in the late 80's on hole 1 at Acorn Park in Roseville Mn. Back then it ran parallel to the hockey ring and was only like 150'. The disc was a Stealth I think. I just know a few years later when I had moved on to a XS for my main driver I gave it away to some guy I saw playing with catch discs.

I went 7 years without an ace at one point. Now they aren't as rare.