• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Flat top,glidey putter

Haven't read the whole thread, but has any mentioned the Fossil Wizards RDG was pumping out? Or Fossil Fuel? Can't remember which, but they came out lower profile than other Wizards...

The flat top rhyno runs at MST are surprisingly glidey and not overwhelming OS

Haven't read the whole thread, but has any mentioned the Fossil Wizards RDG was pumping out? Or Fossil Fuel? Can't remember which, but they came out lower profile than other Wizards...

Those are great for a flat and low profile putter that is still a wizard. They are also out of stock atm, unfortunately.

I agree with this too. But first world problems, we have the luxury of searching for the perfect disc. The vast knowledge on these forums should be able to help, not criticize.

Your right. My tone was overly critical. I was actually intending to give helpful advice but it came off pretty condecendingly.

My honest advice to the OP is to quit chasing the dragon that Your dream disc is out their somewhere that will fix all your problems and just learn how to throw anything and everything. Molds are not that important.

I don't take his post at finding a disc that fixes his game, more that he wants to explore options that feel better. OP, what are you using now?

So I have played around with the RDG putters, and the MVP putters, but haven't quite found what I like. I didn't like the MVP feel for putting and the RDG putters are a bit brickish. I want something like the Scale, but with better glide. I realize it is a take on the wizard, but the the high shoulder of the scale fits in my hand better than the gradual curve of the wizard, aviar and so forth. I was thinking about trying out a focus. My ideal numbers would be something like 3/4/0/1. Suggestions?

Discs I have ruled out. Envy, chief, warlock, voodoo colt, stud, proxy, atom, ion, wizard, anode.

The Focus is rounded like a Wizard too. I'm gonna throw out the Breaker here. It's very flat, has a good bead, and a fairly squared off shoulder. It's not super glidey but should be less brickish than RDG stuff. It might be more overstable than you want for a putter though, you might be able to beat it down into the numbers you want in D-line plastic or maybe a Ringer if D Breaks are hard to find.

This thread is the perfect example of why the sheer quantity and variety of molds available these days is keeping a lot of people from just learning how to throw stuff.

oddly enough, this is likely the same problem I'm having 'finding' a distance driver.

I just need to practice more. And buy a big stack of drivers I like.:D

I realize it is a take on the wizard, but the the high shoulder of the scale fits in my hand better than the gradual curve of the wizard, aviar and so forth. I was thinking about trying out a focus. My ideal numbers would be something like 3/4/0/1. Suggestions?
I think that this sounds very much like a Macana. Flat, Scale depth, rather squared shoulder/wing, micro bead, flight numbers pretty much on the money. :thmbup:

Its pretty darn flat and fairly thin (mildy wide diameter) the MVP Atom, I've really been digging lately. Hit a couple long 2's on holes that are a long par 3, rarely do I (or anyone) get those 2's. Its a glidey floaty long straight flying putter, great for throws as well.
i'd rate it 3.5/3.5/0/0.5

XXXXXXXXXXXXX NEVERMIND, i see you ruled it out, MY BAD XXXXXXXXX sorry.

Discraft Putt'r is really straight and floaty

Pure is not a bad choice, its really close to the atom tho

Last edited:
I agree with this too. But first world problems, we have the luxury of searching for the perfect disc. The vast knowledge on these forums should be able to help, not criticize.

Knowledge without wisdom 'tis folly.

What style does the OP putt with? How big are his hands? Does he play at usually windy or calm courses? Does he have sweaty hands? Does he get nervous around small children?

Knowledge without wisdom 'tis folly.

What style does the OP putt with? How big are his hands? Does he play at usually windy or calm courses? Does he have sweaty hands? Does he get nervous around small children?

I think the OP gives a good starting point. Lists pros and cons of some that have been tried. Rules out others, does it say if those were tried, idk. Finally, states ideal numbers, while subjective, very comparable. No, all variables are not listed and set in stone. If they were, forums like these would be pointless.

More on topic, the OP needs to fondle more trilogy. They usually have flat or flatish tops, array of plastics, and three lines with multiple putters to choose from.

Currently using a voodoo in s or ss plastic. I like it well enough and shoot 8/10 inside 20 and 5/10 between that and the edge of the circle. Practice is improving that. The feel is ok, I have about normal size hands. I wish the shoulder was a bit more square to really fill my hand.

I'll look into the Macana.

Have you tried the Serpent yet?

Slightly better glide than the Scale w/ the same squared off top.

You could also try the Element Discs Plutonium (the RDG top with the Voodoo bottom)

I have tried the seprent and like the scale I felt that I wanted a bit more glide or carry to it as I am a push putter. Great discs off the tee though. I am going to order a Pu, but the black hard plasric doesn't appeal to me. Waiting to see something closer to your fossil. I have a feeling the Pu will be comfortable in hand, would just have to adjust to give it more umph.

Axiom Envy has been the stable driving putter for about 2 years now. Couldn't be happier with it and the Proxy as my driving putters.