• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

flurry of Pendleton King Park reviews

so why isn't a notch over a 3.5 instead of a 4.0?

and more to the point, why can't a course a notch over the other 3.0's one has played/rated still be just a 3.0. with the scale being the way it is, it ought to be obvious that some 3.0 courses will be better than others but not enough to warrant a ratings bump.

kind of like the latest 2 Selah reviews where the guy says he considers them a 4.75 (Creekside) and a 4.5 (Lakeside) but gave them a 4.5 and 4.0 respectively since you can't do quarter points. why wouldn't you rate them what you honestly think and give both a 4.5 with the disclaimer and understanding that you think one of them is better than the other but both are at least 4.5?

:confused:

After much consideration I can see cause to rate between 3.5 & 4.
3.5 = very good. However, 4 = excellent. For me pk was a notch above some of the 3.5's I have played. I may reconsider my rating when I return in September as we will also be going to the Charlotte area to play some other 4+ rated courses. Our group of 3 all agreed it was better than most courses we played in Florida. For my Florida friends who have not been to PK, I would put PK on par with Tom Brown or Fore palms. Not quite as great as Greenway. I will call it a 3.75 for now and look forward to going back in September.

By producing an unbiased review it seems one could get their TR status based soley on the tumbups they'ed get from a single PK review lol. The one done in May had what, 56 of 59? Egads. And then some of those what are obviously 5 disc course homer reviews are 0 of 29. Some of those reviews are so bad they make me laugh.

Almost worth a trip....thumbs seem to definitely take my time, I think my best is 4 up / 0 down.

For my final thought as someone who gave a 4 disc rating. I am not a trusted reviewer but at least I am not totally out of my mind to give 5 stars.(lol)

The latest review is a doozy.

Pros: nice course in nice park clean a good course start playing on
Cons: hole 1 has tables hole 2 has kids playing just be careful
Other Thoughts: I am just starting playing I played a few course pkp best so far

With a review that terrible, at least the reviewer is honest with her screenname: Lazymomma

PK, it's less than two weeks until you and I meet.

Other Thoughts: I am just starting playing I played a few course pkp best so far

With a review that terrible, at least the reviewer is honest with her screenname: Lazymomma

Don't forget to tell us how clean and friendly it is :p

when i picture this course now i think of a dumpster fire and Somalian terrorists forcing disc golfers to write positive reviews from note cards at gun point.

"SAY IT GREAT, NOW SAY IT CLEAN AND FRIENDLY, NOW SAY HOW NICE WE ARE!"

when i picture this course now i think of a dumpster fire and Somalian terrorists forcing disc golfers to write positive reviews from note cards at gun point.

Just blink sos in Morse code in the review some how.

Way to go Puckstopper! Maybe we should all rate PK a zero. There are more of than them, so we would win in the end.

Don't bother reviewing it unless you plan on rating it 5 discs, just sayin'. :popcorn:

Lazymomma's review is gone ... in less time than it took her to type it.

LOL, hilarious. I was thinking more or less the same thing. :clap:

Good stuff.:clap: The locals are so clean and friendly that their dogs pick up their own poop. I know they said the course was clean, but I bet the locals are clean too.:p It would suck if the locals were friendly, but smelled badly.

Last edited:

I've witnessed a cracked out hooker dropping a duece between the #5 basket and #8 tee, so have a hard time believing any part of a review calling this park clean.

"Steiner said you are top 50"
"Of all time?"
"From Georgia." Sorry but this thread reminded me of an old ESPN commercial between an old anchor and Evander Holyfield. Too lazy to link.

Now, she's given neighboring Riverview an 0.5 (its overall rating is 3.64). It's not clean. This isn't just homerism; it's rivalry!
Saving this one for posterity.

"Pros:*3 holes with no baskets trash all over course looks like no keeps the place up i will never play this course again

Cons:*there nothing good to say about course

Other Thoughts:*the only thing i would know who'o in charge of this course they to go look at some or course get some help"

I especially love how trash all over the course is a pro

If only the PK crew would spread out and work on the other locals courses.

Oh wait. PK is in GA and Riverview is in SC. It must be football season soon with the border war already heating up.

Latest posts