• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

flurry of Pendleton King Park reviews

Apparently PKP is cleaner and friendlier than 3 random courses in New Jersey :confused:

I don't know about the others, but if someone's been playing Cape May Park/Zoo, then, yeah, Pendleton King looks like a 5-star course.

All from one course! In this case, they have a different standard for greatness---easy and clean. Nitpicks like challenge and hole design don't count for much. Easy and clean, that's what disc golf courses should aspire to......at least, in one corner of Augusta, GA

I left out that you can play it quick. Another very important factor in a disc golf course because, if you love disc golf, you don't want to be doing it for long periods of time.

At this point, I just have to know why the course is so frequently described as friendly.

It's really not a word that I would use to describe a course. (Well maybe if there was a loudspeaker at the kiosk playing on a loop. "hey, hows it going? hope you have a good round today buddy, etc")

i dont think ive heard anyone else use it either. so whats going on? did at one point, during league play someone describe the new course as friendly and it stuck? are they all reading the previous reviews and deciding, "yes, thats a good term"? do they mean something like beginner-friendly?

or does this course exude some quality of friendliness than no course previously has and anyone who plays PK is struck by it and says" wow, that is a friendly course"?

For a town with one of the most famous golf courses in the world, and the IDGC courses, you would think they could recognize and appreciate what is and isn't a great course. I think they'd try to convince us this course is better than Augusta National.

At this point, I just have to know why the course is so frequently described as friendly.

It's really not a word that I would use to describe a course. (Well maybe if there was a loudspeaker at the kiosk playing on a loop. "hey, hows it going? hope you have a good round today buddy, etc")

i dont think ive heard anyone else use it either. so whats going on? did at one point, during league play someone describe the new course as friendly and it stuck? are they all reading the previous reviews and deciding, "yes, thats a good term"? do they mean something like beginner-friendly?

or does this course exude some quality of friendliness than no course previously has and anyone who plays PK is struck by it and says" wow, that is a friendly course"?

Thank you for making my Monday morning with this comment :D

Here's how the Augusta DGC's website describes Pendleton King Park.

Avg Hole Length: 300-350ft
Recommended for:Beginner – Novice
Overview: Slightly Wooded Course, Slight Range of Elevation

Does that sound like 'the best', a 5-star caliber course?

Whoever gave me a :thmbdown: on my review, apparently had a change of heart.

42 :thmbup:, 0 :thmbdown:

:eek: :D

That only works when the review has been updated. After that anyone who already voted has the chance to change their vote, otherwise it stays the same.

That only works when the review has been updated. After that anyone who already voted has the chance to change their vote, otherwise it stays the same.

hm i looked for one that said it had been updated and i still dont see a button to change my vote. not really one that i want to change in particular, i just want to see what the interface looks like

It just brings back the buttons to vote as though you had never voted on that review. If you don't re-vote, your original vote stays.

huh, weird ... I definitely had 1 thumbs down since the first day I put up the review and then I randomly checked it before I posted the first post and it had 0 thumbs down, and then reverted back to 1 thumbs down ... quite strange.

I think friendly may describe the locals there. I will be coming to Appling to play IDGC next week & found a hotel by the Augusta area. Since I will be driving up I thought I can visit P.K for a quick round my day of arrival saving IDGC for my first full day. I did pm the members listed as guides & Fast Eddie and another wrote back inviting me to play with them or guide me. Fast told me he can even keep the course open until dusk due to my late arrivel. That seems very nice & friendly. As for the ratings, this is what put the course on my radar in the first place so I hope it is as decent as advertised. I will write a accurate review next week.

Latest posts