• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

Legacy Aftermath?

So decided to browse the world of Ebay looking for Legend plastic, came across an entry for Legend Rampage. Interesting stamp, listing all the Legacy molds and plastics on it, as well as saying est. 2011. However, among the names covering the disc, could not help but notice the word "Aftermath" in there. Is that going to be the next Legacy release? Or is that an older term for Gravity plastic, since I'm not seeing Gravity listed among the names?

s-l1600.jpg

Legacy Aftermath?

So decided to browse the world of Ebay looking for Legend plastic, came across an entry for Legend Rampage. Interesting stamp, listing all the Legacy molds and plastics on it, as well as saying est. 2011. However, among the names covering the disc, could not help but notice the word "Aftermath" in there. Is that going to be the next Legacy release? Or is that an older term for Gravity plastic, since I'm not seeing Gravity listed among the names?

s-l1600.jpg

Aftermath is their new understable distance driver that is yet to be released. You can find banner ads for it on this site.

From my experience throwing patriots, I think the phenom might be a better understable compliment to the convict? The convict is very workable on various lines but I'm looking for something that is straight to understable off the shelf. The icon patriot I have is very similar to a rival but maybe a touch less fade. Maybe I just need to find someone selling some worn in patriots :)

VictorB, if you're not getting your Patriot to flip up and finish on a turn, I'd try a Bandit. Speed is closer to the Convict as well.
That said, I love the Patriot and can get some decent distance on a high hyzer flip, and I've found the mold pretty consistent. One of the few non Discraft discs I bag, in place of the XL.

For those who didn't see, the Aftermath and Recon were both approved on 6/26/17:

Aftermath - 2.5cm rim, 1.7cm height, 5.2% depth ratio, 29.00 rim config
Recon - 2.4cm rim, 1.7cm height, 5.2% depth ratio, 28.75 rim config

So, both warp speed. I am sure that they'll be good discs, it just doesn't seem like where the demand is.

From my experience throwing patriots, I think the phenom might be a better understable compliment to the convict? The convict is very workable on various lines but I'm looking for something that is straight to understable off the shelf. The icon patriot I have is very similar to a rival but maybe a touch less fade. Maybe I just need to find someone selling some worn in patriots :)

I've been working in an Icon Patriot for a little while now and its just starting to turn. It flies like a TL or slightly worn in Icon Rival. I can get turn with a Leopard3 off the shelf... Im thinking about switching to those Leos or something else... or throwing the Patriot at more trees

VictorB, if you're not getting your Patriot to flip up and finish on a turn, I'd try a Bandit. Speed is closer to the Convict as well.
That said, I love the Patriot and can get some decent distance on a high hyzer flip, and I've found the mold pretty consistent. One of the few non Discraft discs I bag, in place of the XL.

Appreciate the feedback. I've always preferred slower discs for my main turning drivers. Leopard, FD, River, etc. I want the patriot to work for me because I do like how it flies new, feels just right in my hand, and I can certainly imagine that wearing it will make for a great slow turnover driver. I've already got my faster turnover/roller disc covered with the mongoose. I often use a lighter convict for longer turning shots but need something that powers down better.

For those who didn't see, the Aftermath and Recon were both approved on 6/26/17:

Aftermath - 2.5cm rim, 1.7cm height, 5.2% depth ratio, 29.00 rim config
Recon - 2.4cm rim, 1.7cm height, 5.2% depth ratio, 28.75 rim config

So, both warp speed. I am sure that they'll be good discs, it just doesn't seem like where the demand is.

As someone who throws Legacy only, this is pretty close to my thoughts on it. Legacy IMO already has the high speed driver lineup fairly decent, at least considering their number of molds, not to mention how different the different runs and plastics of Outlaw are (from hyzerflip turnover to crazy headwind distance, Outlaws cover those, for me anyways)

More glaring gap in their lineup seems to be a Harp/Gator/Justice type OS mid. Sarah Hokom was throwing the Jokeri for that slot at the BSF (said by Paige and/or Madison in the commentary), or as an stable upshot disc at the very least if not quite that OS of a slot.

I want the patriot to work for me because I do like how it flies new, feels just right in my hand, and I can certainly imagine that wearing it will make for a great slow turnover driver.

I like my Icon Patriot, also. Only problem is that I've got just too many other choices in that particular area, such as the TL, River and FD, and Leopard3 and Leopard, etc. The Leo/Leo3 doesn't quite have the distance of the others, but I just cannot get that River outta my bag, it's just too good...

I like my Icon Patriot, also. Only problem is that I've got just too many other choices in that particular area, such as the TL, River and FD, and Leopard3 and Leopard, etc. The Leo/Leo3 doesn't quite have the distance of the others, but I just cannot get that River outta my bag, it's just too good...

The river was too flippy for me for what I wanted out of that slot. Great for backhand rollers though. The versatility of the patriot/FD is what I'm looking for.

....More glaring gap in their lineup seems to be a Harp/Gator/Justice type OS mid. Sarah Hokom was throwing the Jokeri for that slot at the BSF (said by Paige and/or Madison in the commentary), or as an stable upshot disc at the very least if not quite that OS of a slot.

I heard from a Legacy player that a Buzzz OS/Justice type mold is in the works. He and another Legacy local throw them.

I understand Legacy is molding the Gauge in the clear Pinnacle and it flies like a Buzzz. Any word when I can get a Patriot in that stable clear Pinny stuff?

Is everything going clear, are we phasing out pearly goodness, will there be a blend of both, will we years from now be kicking ourselves for not loading up on that clear OS run, it does make a mold fly to it's potential:thmbup:

it needs a name other than earth day honey bee rival pinnacle plastic or 5 year cannon plastic

I understand Legacy is molding the Gauge in the clear Pinnacle and it flies like a Buzzz. Any word when I can get a Patriot in that stable clear Pinny stuff?

Is everything going clear, are we phasing out pearly goodness, will there be a blend of both, will we years from now be kicking ourselves for not loading up on that clear OS run, it does make a mold fly to it's potential:thmbup:

it needs a name other than earth day honey bee rival pinnacle plastic or 5 year cannon plastic

http://otbdiscs.com/product/patriot-new-blend-pinnacle/

Those may be what you are looking for. I personally haven't thrown Patriot in the clear plastic, so I don't know how they fly vs the older Pinnacle blend.

I hadn't heard they were running Gauges in this plastic. Are they flat? If so, I'd definitely check one out. I haven't seen them online anywhere, though.

Never mind - I found them. Very tempted to buy one if I can find out whether or not they are molding up flat.

I've become a huge Legacy fan last year. I first found Rivals. What a money disc that is. I found Patriots next and they impressed me even more, allowing the shapes for an insane amount of shots FH and BH. So that was bagged almost immediately after a few days of field work.

My Teebird3 pre-releases cannot be replaced by Rivals for FH, so I bag one of those too. Rivals will always have too much shoulder slope to replicate that board flat T3 speed and lack of glide. Not just any T3, the CFN.

So then I'm looking at my inconsistently molded destroyers and easily made the switch to smaller batch Outlaw runs in both icon and pinn plastics. Consistent!! My main driver and the money disc of my Legacy love is actually a Sparkle Cannon for FHs. It's like a super beat in Ape that refuses to turn over too much. 375' hyzers are now my friend. I also throw a Mongoose for really flippy needs and rollers.

Legacy comes out with an OS mid this year and OS putter so we'll see where my Zones and Gator stands after all that... Zones are probably staying!

But yea, Legacy= Best plastic in the game. Yes even better than Trilogy IMO. Opinion. I also feel the fam know more about plastic than any demographic in the game. I've learned a ton from hanging out in their groups. Big ups and CHOOOOO!

Last edited:
Legacy comes out with an OS mid this year and OS putter so we'll see where my Zones and Gator stands after all that... Zones are probably staying!

But yea, Legacy= Best plastic in the game. Yes even better than Trilogy IMO. Opinion. I also feel the fam know more about plastic than any demographic in the game. I've learned a ton from hanging out in their groups. Big ups and CHOOOOO!

Have you thrown a Legend Ghost. They are pretty stable. Not Gator stable though.

Their plastic is pretty great!

My Teebird3 pre-releases cannot be replaced by Rivals for FH, so I bag one of those too. Rivals will always have too much shoulder slope to replicate that board flat T3 speed and lack of glide. Not just any T3, the CFN.

But yea, Legacy= Best plastic in the game.

Welcome to DGCR!

One of the main reasons I throw Legacy is their awesome plastics. You shouldn't totally discount the Rival for FH if you haven't tried them in the "New Pinnacle." The latest blend of Pinnacle is on the pale/clearer side but the HSS/torque resistance is greater than all but a few runs of Teebirds. They don't glide much either, which might be exactly what you're looking for. The plastic reminds me of the Prodiscus Premium plastic, if you are familiar, durable while remaining grippy, top of the line stuff.

Welcome to DGCR!

One of the main reasons I throw Legacy is their awesome plastics. You shouldn't totally discount the Rival for FH if you haven't tried them in the "New Pinnacle." The latest blend of Pinnacle is on the pale/clearer side but the HSS/torque resistance is greater than all but a few runs of Teebirds. They don't glide much either, which might be exactly what you're looking for. The plastic reminds me of the Prodiscus Premium plastic, if you are familiar, durable while remaining grippy, top of the line stuff.

Would you compare it to a very beat up Firebird? I throw a Gstar Firebird when I need something just a bit more stable than my Rivals, but you have me intrigued here.

Latest posts