• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

There was a time when I used to bag only blue discs with gold stamps. If I had to pick a favorite Teebird from my stash it would be this:

picture.php

Totem TB's were the shizz. They and the Brinsters started the amazing runs of Jolly Launcher TB's.

I have a Star-lite 149g Tee-bird that I want to like and throw, but just can't get consistent throws with it, probably just mostly me.:eek:

Recent addition. Have no idea how it compares to older models. I've never thrown discs with a wider edge and am struggling with the grip. Seems the more whip the less control. Practice.

fullsizeoutput-5b3.jpg

Recent addition. Have no idea how it compares to older models. I've never thrown discs with a wider edge and am struggling with the grip. Seems the more whip the less control. Practice.

fullsizeoutput-5b3.jpg

what is/ are the marking(s) on the back?

Sad sad day: I lost the Champion Teebird that's been in the bag for four years. It was beat in to laser straight, would only turn over if I absolutely mashed it, and would barely fade. It was also a nice flat one.

I've got a fresh Champion that I keep for my true 2 fade shots, but now I've got this glaring hole between it and my beat to death Champ Leo3.

Would a Star Teebird somewhat fill this gap? I know it'll be more OS at first but I'm hoping it will beat in to straight soon. I keep reading to throw Rivals but thats blasphemous to me. I've also considered a fresh Champion Leopard3, but I'm worried it'll have some turn.

Sad sad day: I lost the Champion Teebird that's been in the bag for four years. It was beat in to laser straight, would only turn over if I absolutely mashed it, and would barely fade. It was also a nice flat one.

I've got a fresh Champion that I keep for my true 2 fade shots, but now I've got this glaring hole between it and my beat to death Champ Leo3.

Would a Star Teebird somewhat fill this gap? I know it'll be more OS at first but I'm hoping it will beat in to straight soon. I keep reading to throw Rivals but thats blasphemous to me. I've also considered a fresh Champion Leopard3, but I'm worried it'll have some turn.

Obviously plh is key, but I've loved 165-168 star teebirds for this reason.
Disclaimer: haven't bought one in a few years.

I had a black DX Teebird with a red foil stamp. Loved that disc. Grip locked it and throw it over a fence into someone's back yard. Went around the front and rang the bell. No answer despite the cars being there. After a couple of times, I took the hint.
One guy told me, "That disc looks really bad***!"

I told him, "Yeah, until you see me throw it."

I can't deal with how much I hate the plastic.

It gets hot here, feels floppy and terrible.

Philly area here, gonna be 98 in about 12 hours.

We're all entitled to our opinions, I just don't want your statement to make every place that gets hot to deny trying it.

Yes I prefer stiff Champ over any Star but we all have our preferences

Obviously plh is key, but I've loved 165-168 star teebirds for this reason.
Disclaimer: haven't bought one in a few years.

I would consider picking up a couple of DX Teebs max wt if you want something to hit that mark pretty quick, and throw a new star or Gstar teeb in the rotation as well to start working in.

Even quicker would be like a Star or Champ TL. Beat teeb flight right off the shelf.

If you mean stable in the sense that it's beefy, then no, the 2021 Barela TB3s are on the straighter side of the spectrum for Teebirds. They're long and straight then fade.

IF you mean stable as in straight, then yes, they are quite straight. They aren't flippy, but there are definitely beefier teebirds out there.

interesting, I definitely would've characterized mine as slightly more OS than your average teebird. not like a meathook brinster teebird, but a little more OS than a typical star teebird. maybe my star teebirds have beaten in enough I forgot what they are like new....

I had a black DX Teebird with a red foil stamp. Loved that disc. Grip locked it and throw it over a fence into someone's back yard. Went around the front and rang the bell. No answer despite the cars being there. After a couple of times, I took the hint.
One guy told me, "That disc looks really bad***!"

I told him, "Yeah, until you see me throw it."

This has happened to me....maybe they were sleeping or unable to answer the door quickly or at a neighbor's house.

Carry some Post-It notepaper and leave a note on the door:

I accidentally threw my disc into your yard and don't want to trespass.
When you find the disc (description), would you please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx
and I will come and pick it up.
Thank you very much....

I had someone suggest I try a TeeBird. Thought to myself, but I have a couple of Explorers...they are the same numbers, why get yet another disc that is 7/5/0/2? I even have a Legacy Rival and Legacy Phantom Warrior....both 7/5/0/2.

Then I got one. Lost it, got another, lost it, got another....see the pattern?

I don't know what it is about the TeeBird, but I really like it in the DX plastic. I recently got another one to replace yet another lost one. My Explorers and the Rival and Phantom Warrior sit on my shelf...but the TeeBirds just cannot stay out of my bag.

Latest posts