• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I heard a rumor that the Star that was being used was instead being used for the Swirly Star discs. I personally hate the decision, but Innova does what Innova does. Echo TeeBirds and Destroyers are great, Pro Destroyers are as close to E* as you can get, but there isn't any Pro TeeBirds.

I heard a rumor that the Star that was being used was instead being used for the Swirly Star discs. I personally hate the decision, but Innova does what Innova does. Echo TeeBirds and Destroyers are great, Pro Destroyers are as close to E* as you can get, but there isn't any Pro TeeBirds.

I think thats almost certainly the case, a lot of those swirly discs are in a horrible brownish grey blend which is a typical when you mix up a lot of different colors

I heard this, too, and it makes sense. And when you add to it the sheer number of Tour Series molds that have been coming out in this swirly Star plastic, it makes more sense that there is less left over or Echostar discs. I don't hate the decision, as it helps out some of the players, and in some discs (e.g. Tern) the swirly Star feels pretty nice.

Yeah Innova gets to charge a premium price for "Swirly Star" where they can't charge as much for "Ec(h)o Star." As a business decision it makes all sorts of sense. Innova likes money. Of course that doesn't explain why most Echo Star discs were a little less stable than Star whereas most Swirly Star discs are a little more overstable (in my limited experience at least).

Yeah Innova gets to charge a premium price for "Swirly Star" where they can't charge as much for "Ec(h)o Star." As a business decision it makes all sorts of sense. Innova likes money. Of course that doesn't explain why most Echo Star discs were a little less stable than Star whereas most Swirly Star discs are a little more overstable (in my limited experience at least).

I can't speak for all molds, but in her 2017 ITB bag video, Hannah Leatherman said she asked Innova to make her Tour Series HL Terns a little more overstable, as she found Star Terns were getting flippy on her fairly quickly so she wanted a disc that would wear into and hold that "sweet spot" longer. She's right that Star Terns do get flippy over time and use, and she got her wish; those HL Terns are max weight and definitely more stable.

I've found some Echostars to be less stable than their Star cousins, but on some occasions the E* discs started out more stable. E* does wear in faster than Star, so there's that.

And if some of that money Innova is making goes to the players whose names are on the Tour Series discs, I'm okay with that.

E* Wraiths are my prefered distance driver and I have a few stashed. Also have a few E* Teebirds that have a great flight but decided to quit bagging them when I found Rivals.

How are metal flake and color glow champion teebirds? Any different flight than a normal champion?

The older metal flake teebirds(I believe 2015 and before) are much more stable than normal stock run champion teebirds. It's basically a teebird flight with the ability to handle headwinds like a firebird. They are absolute money. They take FOREVER to beat in and then stay in the sweet spot for a really long time. Needless to say, that's the only teebirds I throw.

From what I've heard, the newer metal flakes are straighter than normal stock runs, but I have no personal experience with the newer ones.

I cannot speak for the color glows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've thrown several color glows. They remind me of regular fresh star teebird, but beat in slower. They are definitely softer and less stable than a champ. Makes for a nice bridge of champ/color glow/star

The older metal flake teebirds(I believe 2015 and before) are much more stable than normal stock run champion teebirds. It's basically a teebird flight with the ability to handle headwinds like a firebird. They are absolute money. They take FOREVER to beat in and then stay in the sweet spot for a really long time. Needless to say, that's the only teebirds I throw.

From what I've heard, the newer metal flakes are straighter than normal stock runs, but I have no personal experience with the newer ones.

I cannot speak for the color glows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I searched for for years for the firebird-teebird. The metal flakes I threw were not close but it was only a couple CFR from that time period.

Latest posts