• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fossa Tana questions

I have one, it's pretty good. I originally had a Upper Park Shift, and purchased the Tana as a larger bag for tournaments when I would need to carry a jacket or like ibuprofen or sandpaper and so on. The quality is decent, however it is definitely heavier and less comfortable than my Shift. I think if this is going to be your only bag and you want to use it quite often you might want to put in a little extra to go with ones that have a high reputation. The Voodoo Spinal Tap 3 is still cheaper than a lot of bags, yet comes with a lifetime warranty now. Other options include the Rebel

One of the guys in my regular group bought one last summer. He usually complains about everything, but I haven't heard him complain about this bag and he uses it every time. He seems happy with it.

So, I'm pretty sure that I've just got one of these for Christmas. I've been looking at them for a long time and do a lot of research on anything that I buy. Hoping to find out for myself if it's a good bag and I've heard that for the price point they're the best. Also have heard from a few folks that they're a totally decent bag to have and these guys cart troopers and super heropacks and zuca carts so I'm thinking it's a great buy, I'd go with the pro bc for fifty more bucks you're getting guaranteed tougher construction, and that's good. Okay thanks for letting me want uselessly on your post and happy holidays everyone.

I got my MVP Voyager when my friend got his Fossa Tanna. We couldn't have the same bag and I had been saving up my pennies for a while and was ready to pop on a Grip bag, but when we went to the retailer they didn't have any Grip bags in stock. So I thoroughly checked out all of the other options and went with the MVP. It's not quite as heavy duty as a Grip, but for the price, it was a good buy for my first backpack style bag. Now I want the Discraft Grip bag because it's the coolest looking bag on the market, and I'm a total Discraft homer, lol. Interesting note: We were at a league round at a local course, and almost everyone there had a backpack style bag, but they were all different. I've been looking at carts too. There is one that the MVP fits in perfectly.

Tana Pro is a great bag, I've had mine since the initial pre-order and have no major complaints.
One of the best medium sized backpacks I've come across.
Easily stores 15-20 discs, and almost everything else you'd need for a tournament or casual day on the course.

The Pro is worth the additional cost for the higher quality materials, extra padding, and rain fly.

Tana Pro is a great bag, I've had mine since the initial pre-order and have no major complaints.
Easily stores 15-20 discs, and almost everything else you'd need for a tournament or casual day on the course.

The Pro is worth the additional cost for the higher quality materials, extra padding, and rain fly.

Haven't had mine quite as long as you but you're right. the Pro is definitely worth the extra money and I haven't had anything to complain about. Love the massive top pocket.

OP, if I HAD to find something wrong with this bag for arguments sake, it's the small zippered pocket "behind" the putter pocket. If it's full it can be a pain to get your second putter back in, or if both putters are in it can be difficult to remove whichever item you need from there. I turned it into a trash pocket for wrappers and things like that. More than enough storage elsewhere that it's a nonissue.

Definitely worthy of a recommendation.

I've had a Fossa Pro for almost two years, here are my thoughts.
Pros;
Comes with a rain fly
good padding
comfortable straps
good storage
well made, no seam issues or zipper problems

Cons;
A little on the heavy side
Given what's out there now, I think it's on the expensive side.
Discs on either end are a pain to get in and out.
It's a squat short bag. Does not ride well on my back. I'm over 6'2", no matter how I adjust it, I feel like I have a little kid hanging on me. After two rounds with 18 disc, I feel more fatigued than I did when I carried as many discs in an over the shoulder bag.
Has not held it's shape, sides have collapsed and I had to make plastic inserts to keep the bag upright enough to get discs in and out easily/easier. Bottom has sunk, it now is rounded from the discs, the feet do nothing and it falls over every time I set it down.

Got a sweet deal on a Grip last year, ended up coasting considerably less than the Fossa Pro and rides my back a lot better.

So now the Fossa collects dust. I'll probably trade it away.

Last edited:
I really like the Fossa Skinny. Just check it out if you haven't before you decide. The bags that have one large compartment for discs, like the Tana, are often annoying to carry unless you fully load them all the time. If it's half loaded for a light round, the discs kinda flop around in there. The Fossa Skinny is great if you want to just carry 10 or so discs for local rounds or bulk it up to 18ish for tournament course rounds or new course rounds.

Just my 2 cents.

I really like the Fossa Skinny. Just check it out if you haven't before you decide. The bags that have one large compartment for discs, like the Tana, are often annoying to carry unless you fully load them all the time. If it's half loaded for a light round, the discs kinda flop around in there. The Fossa Skinny is great if you want to just carry 10 or so discs for local rounds or bulk it up to 18ish for tournament course rounds or new course rounds.

Just my 2 cents.

True, unless you use a piece of the corrugated plastic a minuscule amount bigger then you need height wise to get the discs to stay on the side you want them to say on.

^Yeah I don't feel the need to stuff my Tana Pro full, I just don't like carrying that many discs. Great to have the option if I want to practice/bring tournament back ups just in case, but for most rounds I made some removable inserts out of corrugated plastic that I put in both ends of the disc compartment. Reduces my disc count by 4 drivers width (can always add or remove more, the inserts are held together by velcro) and now I also have zero issue getting the farthest toward the sides discs out.

For those who mentioned it's heavy, boom - less discs is less weight. Otherwise, deal with the added exercise or buy a cart:cool: Americans are too out of shape and eat too poorly to begin with.

Oh, I wasn't complaining about the weight, just pointing out for a new buyer that it is a little heavier.

As far as discs go, I carry 16. And those same 16 discs ride better on my back in a Grip than they do in the Fossa. As I said, I'm tall, and that may be all the difference. And I will never push a cart! I just don't carry that much crap and rarely play tournaments.

Fossa is still a solid bag, just doesn't fit me.

Agreed. Love my Tana Pro!

Latest posts