• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Fuse Alternative

IMO you can't beat a San Marino champ stingray for these shots I can give them more power than a comet or fuse and they just turn so perfectly slow and their so versatile so great at shaping lines compared to any other us mid there is I don't think they will ever leave my bag. I love us mids and have tried quite a few but the sanny champ stingrays do it all and better than any other us mid I've tried yet!

proton-tangent-small.jpg

^ON ITS WAY TOMORROW'

/thread :p

Thanks again for your help. I'm looking forward to throwing it. As soon as I do, I'll let you know how it goes.

while i do own a tangent, i don't throw it. i can admit it's a good disc, but i do not see it as a fuse alternative. it's the closest thing mvp has, i guess.

he'll probably love it, but i don't consider it an alternative . . .

EDIT: read the third post on the second page about "touch more stable".

the tangent indeed may be what you are looking for, then. however, it's more of a "do it all" kind of mid in terms of stability and speed.

Last edited:
^^^
Good man

I love the tangent! Long glidey anny shots or hyzerflip for a nice straight flight

It's my go to for squeezing through gaps in the trees

I'd say its fuse like but comes out of the hand much easier

You should love it

Oh... And it's my only MVP disc and I was pessimistic when I bought it. Now I'm not afraid of MVP discs lol

I'm surprised no one has recommended a Westside Warship yet.

I'd been looking for a disc that fits the slot between my Tursas and Pain. I tried the Buzz, Comet, Fuse, Fugitive, Core, and nothing compares to the control I have with the Warship (TP 176).

If you release this disc with hyzer, it'll flip up flat and fade forward. Straight will flex a touch right and hold that line, and if cranked on, it'll turn right.

P.S.
Whoever mentioned the fan grip, they're right. I kept flipping the warship over until I switched up to a fan grip.

Tangent and Amp are 2 discs I will likely buy sometime. MVP is growing on me.

A Fugitive might fit the bill. Not quite as understable as the Fuse, but still understable. Other non-Lat64/DD discs that fly somewhat similar to the fuse that you may like are the Discraft Meteor or the MVP Tangent.

took my disc and disappeared... :p

Hey man,

My apologies. This was the first week where I actually had a chance to use the disc an ample amount of time. (Girlfriend says I need to study... :wall:) I didn't want to respond after using it nine holes, what's the point? If you play a new disc, have a bad round- some would blame it on the disc. I digress...

The Tangent:

Feel: I really like the stiffness of the disc, as well as the plastic. While not the most grippy in the world, it is sufficient and gets the job done.

Flight: Does what it should do- go straight. Two things stood out to me: 1) I'm able to put a decent amount of power on the disc without turning it over. 2) The disc carries its momentum through the entire flight despite the fact that it is NOT very fast (and it shouldn't be)- it simply doesn't die at the end of the flight path. The latter point is what I enjoyed most. The Tangent also holds its line very well. I haven't thrown too many anhyzers, but from what I have thrown, I've been impressed.

Other thoughts: The disc seems to be rather forgiving. It won't punish small release errors, at least in my experience. Also, I've been able to throw some of my best 2nd/approach shots thanks to the tangent. Not sure if it has some sort of artificial intelligence or just reads my intentions well. Either way, definitely keeping this one in my hands.

Thanks again, Aim for the Chains. I really appreciate you reaching out and paying it forward. Looking to do the same when the opportunity arises.

I think the Tangent is great, but it's not a fuse alternative.

I think the Tangent is too unique to be a fuse alternative because I also think the fuse is too unique to be a tangent alternative.

Both discs are wonderful, but I wouldn't compare them.

That being said, I love GL fuses. I don't think you are really going to be able to find an understable disc that is good in the wind, the two kind of oppose each other.

If you want an understable approach disc I would suggest the Magic if you want something slower. They are incredible for approach shots.

That being said, I hope you like the Tangent!

Glad to hear you are enjoying it thus far. The proton plastic will get a lot more grip over-time (that one was never used really at all I don't think) as the glossiness wears off. Plastic only gets better with use and that goes for any company, really.

Tampa-- I threw the heck out of fuses and can say that a 180g+ domey opto is very close to a tangent in flight while the flatter light weight GL fuses will turnover much easier and have less HSS. Overall the tangent has greater stability and actually flies very well in the wind for a slow/stable lightly US midrange. The beat to crap neutron tangent I have is starting to really act more like a fuse than any other mid I have thrown. Both are long, easy to range/shape lines, power up and down very nice without getting off their intended flight paths.

Between my 2 tangents, tensor and a soft N ion my short game has been on fire. Never found the same consistency with my pain/fuse/pure combo although great discs.

I don't know that I would consider a domey 180+ opto fuse to be the model for how fuses fly, but point taken.

I have thrown tangents as well, not extensively, and I just didn't feel like they were the same. I felt like tangents were closer to neutral than understable, which I think was the difference. And for reference, I only throw <175 gl fuses.

I'm using truth/fuse/judge and it's on fire!

I bag a fuse and have an eclipse tangent. The tangent isnt in the bag at the moment. I have a 175 GL fuse and that thing is money. Medium power rip flat and it will trun right over on a very nice line. So many lines are able to be achieved with it depending on power and throw angle. Minor hyzer and it will flip and slow turn. Little more and its dead straight. For long high anhyzers I use an M4 or buzz, its easier to make them follow the line. Too much anhyzer on the fuse and it risks a cut roll.... Tangent was a weird disc for me. On a good rip, it has a very slow turn to it. Not enough to be a turnover disc at all, but useful on a handful of holes. Where it did excel for me was a slight hyzer and it flipped to flat for a laser straight shot that sits down with ZERO fade. I just find more use with the fuse versus the tangent. I do want to try a tursas, as that I have heard is an incredible disc.

I have no real allegiance to Lat, though I like many of their discs. The Meteor, for me, was the perfect Fuse alternative - much more comfy in the hand and handles everything the Fuse does.

Have a friend who is switching from a (beat-to-flippy) Fuse to a Prodigy M4; can work very similar turnover lines if needed...

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but a Crosslap Lucky may be what you're looking for. It's a sweet German understable midrange. It replaced the Fuse in my bag.

Latest posts