• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Future Dyes

This is what I did to make a Kramer stencil using msWORD:

That is about as ghetto as it gets, like doing your website with notepad :D You rock Ricta!
Whatever works but I would suggest giving GIMP a try. And yet another gift from Apoth, here is a great stencil making tutorial.

That is about as ghetto as it gets, like doing your website with notepad :D You rock Ricta!
Whatever works but I would suggest giving GIMP a try. And yet another gift from Apoth, here is a great stencil making tutorial.

:D Sad but true! I have cs2 on my computer, but the power supply failed and haven't fixed it. So, I'm using my wife's computer and didn't want to put any programs on here. I did what I did, with what I had! :hfive:

That is about as ghetto as it gets, like doing your website with notepad :D

I'll have to show that to my GF, I've watched her code and most of her coding is done in a Notepad style program.. just lines of code that looks like gibberish to me that she somehow can decipher into websites. :confused: I have to have something like dreamweaver to even attempt any coding, and it sucks when I do. :thmbdown:

she'll get a good laugh :)

This is what I did to make a Kramer stencil using msWORD:

1. Copy the picture you want to make into a stencil & paste in a blank Word doc

2. Right click the image > Format picture

3. Change image to Grayscale

4. Mess around with the Contrast/Brightness levels to get what you're looking for.

*Note* Sometimes you'll get a great looking left eye for example but everything else looks bad... take parts that look good and piece together an overall good-looking stencil.

**Also** I opened the stencil in Paint. View > Zoom > 200% or 400% and cleaned up the lines a little with the Eraser and Paintbrush.

I'm not a graphic artist, don't hate me if this method doesn't work for you!

Thanks. I will give that a try.

I converted this from a photo, and have already drawn it out on the masking(hand hurts from the tediousness of it). Adobe PS5.5 has great filters for converting pictures to outlines and stencils. Going to be a bitch to cut though.

workaholicsprint.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have an image, but I have an idea for a dye. Maybe someone else can come up with a good dye image. I was thinking of doing a Lat64 "Aunt" Flow dye. For those really, really bad days...

That Mr Miyoda idea on the last page is very sick and tempting!!! :)

The Apocalypse that was sposed to happen a while back is ol news, but i think I still may just do this one:

81534815.jpg

I picked this one up today. Not sure what to dye on it, or dye it all. Double stamped Champ Ape. If I do dye it, the stamp is staying on for sure!!

Photo_5D8D7C30-6752-692C-A087-35F7B30C590E.jpg

I picked this one up today. Not sure what to dye on it, or dye it all. Double stamped Champ Ape. If I do dye it, the stamp is staying on for sure!!

Photo_5D8D7C30-6752-692C-A087-35F7B30C590E.jpg

How about dyeing something over it, then removing one of the stamps, leaving a ghost stamp that might look like a shadow of the other one?

Ever consider trying a stereographic dye?... Dyeing an image on top of the flight plate in one color, and the same image off-set on the bottom of the flight plate in another color... That double stamped disc might be a good disc to attempt that on...

I was thinking of doing a two sided ye, but not sure of the image yet. I may do an underside stamp of one of my earliest work, and then top dye showing what I can do now

Now that I have a few dyes under my belt, I am seriously thinking about a set of dyes of people who have always fascinated me............... serial killers.

Was thinking a set with..
Gacy
The Zodiac Killer
Gein
Dahmer
Etc.

May throw one of Manson in there even though he didn't actually participate in his family's crime.