• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Discs AMA

Are there plans for running Assassins in weights other than 175? Something in the high 160's would be nice

I've got some different Assassins under 170 for sale, a 164 g in the opaque Evo (7/10), and 2 in the high 160's that are brand new, a Diamond x-out and one of the Ozark stamped Overmold ones that are around 167-168. PM me if you might be interested.

Question on Pwp. Is it supposed to be Hard or soft plastic? Grippy or not? Flex? I got 1 pwp wizard that is pretty soft feeling, grippy, and maybe ss flex. Then I got 2 pwp that are hard plastic, stiffest putters I got and very little grip. So what's the aim of the pwp? The harder plastic pwp I have were my go to in the summer. Now that it got colder I been using the ss feeling pwp. The ss feeling pwp matches another actual wizard I have that is marked ss. The ss feeling pwp has now become my go to and I'm not sure that it will change when summer returns. Any input? Maybe the ss feeling pwp was mismarked and actually is ss?

Hopefully you can follow. I understand this may be confusing.

Further this is not a complaint on consistency Just clarification for what I need to buy continuing forward.

So what's the aim of the pwp? The harder plastic pwp I have were my go to in the summer. Now that it got colder I been using the ss feeling pwp. The ss feeling pwp matches another actual wizard I have that is marked ss. The ss feeling pwp has now become my go to and I'm not sure that it will change when summer returns. Any input? Maybe the ss feeling pwp was mismarked and actually is ss?

The initial runs of PWP varied in flexibility, and the very first ones (a lot of them got stamped with the Ozark Mountain Open 2016 stamp I believe) were actually soft and flexible. The intention was for this to be the stiffest putter we make that still has a tacky/grippy feel. I would say we've achieved this with the last two runs. Stiff, tacky, and as flat as Wizards come. This is what PWP is supposed to be.

Hope this helps!

The newer ones ("PW") are super stiff and nicely OS with great grip. And they aren't yellowing. They're some of my favorites.

I kinda like my yellowed PWP. It looks like I pulled it off the bottom of a lake but it's niiiice to throw.

I kinda like my yellowed PWP. It looks like I pulled it off the bottom of a lake but it's niiiice to throw.

The stiff PWP feel about the same as the PW, and I don't mind the yellowing one bit. But some people like pretty putters. Which is plain weird. I'll throw any good firm flat Wizard -- so long as it has a Stickin' Putts stamp on it.

Ah. I tend to intentionally work my Wizards into puddle-tops. They sit next to my chair and I thumb the hell out of them for a week or so before they ever make it into my bag. I like them sunken, almost like a Yeti. Maybe not quite THAT sunken.

When Wizards had much thinner flight plates mine used to "clover"
To all the Gateway midrange experts. I recently started throwing evo Gateway mids. I really like the Mystic, Element and Karma right off the shelf. Are evo mids going to break in fast?

Evo plastic will break in a bit quicker than say star, but it will hold that sweet spot for much much longer in my expierence. The Karma and the Warrior in Evo plastic wont start out more overstable either like a roc would in champion/star plastic compared to like DX or other base line. And personally I prefer the S plastic in mids. Breaks in quick and holds that spot for a long while, longer than DX anyway.

Thanks. I've always thrown base plastic mids but thought I would try premium plastics.

One more question. I bought some Gateway x-outs and one has a Karma top with a straight wing bottom with no bead. The disc is not marked at all except 178.

This is the best I could get

Attachments

• 20170211_153345.jpg
    20170211_153345.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 41
I don't know, I haven't thrown it. I have two Mystics and they both have the same top as an Element.

Two bottoms and three tops

Share top: Warrior and Scout
Share Top: Karma and Element Discs Lithium
Share Top: Element and Mystic

There is currently a beaded and non beaded wing.

Element X is very likely to reappear as Gateway is cutting an old school, squared off inner rim which will make the Karma a match for Element X

Thanks. I've always thrown base plastic mids but thought I would try premium plastics.

One more question. I bought some Gateway x-outs and one has a Karma top with a straight wing bottom with no bead. The disc is not marked at all except 178.

Maybe a Lithium as per above.

Latest posts