• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Is anybody else bothered by the increasing amount of text on the bottom of newer Wizards? There isn't a smooth surface to place my finger tips anymore (putting grip).

I don't notice it. Kinda like that set up though for marking the disc.

Do they make G25 anymore? I picked up a stash of different kind of Wizards. There were few of G25's and I really like how they feel. Not as stiff as Firms. Firms are out of production, right?

I have never seen a wizard with a dome... I hope i never do.

Not that they're domey per sé but my PWP is much flatter maybe even borderline puddle top. Than my soft S line. I've also compared them to SS, SSS, RFF (my PWP that is) and I am trying to find a premium that feels the same as my PWP. That flat/barely puddle top feel.

Firms are out of production, right?

Infinite Discs has 5 remaining Wizards labeled as Firm - all 175 gm. They appear to be a special order with Infinite's "Always Watching Owl" stamp.

Not that they're domey per sé but my PWP is much flatter maybe even borderline puddle top. Than my soft S line. I've also compared them to SS, SSS, RFF (my PWP that is) and I am trying to find a premium that feels the same as my PWP. That flat/barely puddle top feel.

Only some of the older/old tooling Evos are flat like you're taking about.

The current Evo platinum start with some
Shoulder, but flatten out before too long.

Are there any premium Wiz's that are flat on top like the Pure Whites?

I have some PWP Wizards and some Evolution Platinum Wizards, and am holding them side-by-side at this moment.

I would say that the PWPs appear to be the slightest bit flatter across the top than the EPs. Minuscule difference though.

By the way, I have a PWP Wizard that I played a one disc round with on a course that beats up discs. This PWP is definitely now puddle topped, and, what is the term? clovered? If I place the disc on a table, it no longer sits flat. A portion of its nose is bent out of shape from crashing into a stone wall (New England; throw a disc in the air, and it will probably hit a stone wall, and the stone wall always wins). A stable PWP Wizard becomes a turnover PWP Wizard after a one disc round here.

Infinite Discs has 5 remaining Wizards labeled as Firm - all 175 gm. They appear to be a special order with Infinite's "Always Watching Owl" stamp.

I would love to grab them, unfortunately shipping would be abysmal. I got four Firms, all feel very low profile.

I bought one of those a while back. They're fossil. Identical. Even marked the same with just an "F". I think gateway changed up their nomenclature or something. Their site lists firm as a base line flex now. They are low shouldered and stiff...fossil.

I have some PWP Wizards and some Evolution Platinum Wizards, and am holding them side-by-side at this moment.

I would say that the PWPs appear to be the slightest bit flatter across the top than the EPs. Minuscule difference though.

By the way, I have a PWP Wizard that I played a one disc round with on a course that beats up discs. This PWP is definitely now puddle topped, and, what is the term? clovered? If I place the disc on a table, it no longer sits flat. A portion of its nose is bent out of shape from crashing into a stone wall (New England; throw a disc in the air, and it will probably hit a stone wall, and the stone wall always wins). A stable PWP Wizard becomes a turnover PWP Wizard after a one disc round here.

Thanks for the comparison. My PWPs are holding up well. I play a lot of woods golf but dont contend with too many stone walls. I habe smashed brick structures a few times and a bunch of trees. I wanted them for their ability to beat in and hold that sweet spot for a bit before having to add a new one. I hope I can find a platinum that feels good bc my s line S don't feel as good to me as my PWP.

When I first began playing the Wizard was all the hype and also the most confusing thing to a noob to try to get into. No local store had them so online was the way to go and the flavors were crazy. I settled on an SS Wizard to begin with and it was love at first throw. I've got a dozen or so now and it's still my go to putter for most situations. I've found the organic blend and eraser to be one of my favorites for my local course as they are so grippy and our weather here isn't the friendliest.
I still have my first wizard, it's beat to piss and hanging up on the porch as a conversation piece.

P.S. the G9i Wizard is the absolute best wizard when dealing with course littering trolls. Best shin breaker on the planet ;)

Can anyone provide a sife by side profile pic of an evo diamond, evo platinum ans a PWP Wiz for comparison please. I cant seem to find one on the interwebs.

Can anyone provide a sife by side profile pic of an evo diamond, evo platinum ans a PWP Wiz for comparison please. I cant seem to find one on the interwebs.

From which runs? I have Platinum Wizards from various runs and have both variations of high shoulder and low shoulder.

Both please. If possible. I really want to add a premium Wiz but i really alsonwant it to feel right in my hand

Could anyone make a recommendation on what Gateway putter blends are good for driving? I love Eraser plastic and somehow have one that turned out crazy firm and very overstable. I really like to have a stiff Wizard with lots of fade for long approaches and driving duties. Any suggestions here that would help me pick out a winner from the current runs would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!